Life on Mars and mention of Ace of Pentacles

Cerulean

I missed the visual, but overheard on the television show "Life On Mars" someone said:

"Ace of Pentacles. That means he'll make your dreams come true..." or something like that.

My husband didn't know the deck, but he said they did show a card or two.

Rats!

I missed it--did anyone see this episode on March 18, 2009?

Cerulean

Gypsyspell

Hi, sorry didnt see the program! like the show though !and i do know what you mean . I used a deck for many years Solleone Tarot by Elizabetha Cassari . this deck features strongly in a brilliant journey Movie with Samuel Jackson "The Red Violin". My cards are now out of print and hard to replace for me ---i watched the movie with the nice new deck and thought Rats!.
The movie is well worth it!!!

nisaba

Cerulean said:
I missed the visual, but overheard on the television show "Life On Mars" someone said:

"Ace of Pentacles. That means he'll make your dreams come true..." or something like that.

My husband didn't know the deck, but he said they did show a card or two.

Rats!

I missed it--did anyone see this episode on March 18, 2009?

Cerulean
<swoon> I *loved* Life on Mars! But it hasn't been on in Australia for a couple of years, and there definitely weren't any Tarot references in it when I saw it (I think I missed only one episode).

Spoiler alert
Is it the same series replayed, or is it another series from after he wakes up out of coma, goes back to policing and voluntarily chooses to jump off the roof to get back there?

le fey

This is the American version of LoM and the episode aired last night - the deck used was a version of the RWS (which they annoyingly referred to as 'The Irish Tarot').

There was also a reference to the Tower which was interpreted as 'nothing will change as long as you don't take action, but when you do, you'll lose everything you hold sacred' (that's my paraphrase.)

Abrac

I saw it last night but couldn't tell what deck it was exactly. As le fey said, it was a RWS version of some sort.

I caught this show purely by luck a few weeks ago and have been watching it ever since. Last night Michael Imperioli (the dude that played Christopher on The Sopranos) got shot at the very end. Hope he's not gone for good. :(

EDIT: Dang! I just read on Wikipedia the last episode is airing on April 1st. It's about the only watchable show on network TV. Why oh why???

Umbrae

Since the show takes place in '72 (what a good year that was), back when there was no 'true' history, back when Tarot still came to us via the Gypsies by way of Egypt...such terms as 'Irish Tarot' are perfectly acceptable, in terms of the story line, as would 'egyptian tarot'.

le fey

Oh good point!

nicky

Abrac said:
EDIT: Dang! I just read on Wikipedia the last episode is airing on April 1st. It's about the only watchable show on network TV. Why oh why???

I am waiting for the series to be out on DVD.. I freaking hate commercials and I only saw the first couple of shows...

Yvresse

When I first read the post title, I actually thought (and very excitedly too) that Tarot had something to say about well, life on Mars :D Guess I'm back to wandering through a conspiracy theory-filled world~~~