*Duh* moments in forming questions.

romanticdreamz

I've been learning Tarot for a while now although sporadically at times with college exams and so on but one thing I learnt this week is to make sure you ask the right question!

My sister wanted a general reading and I thought I could use the practise.

I did a spread and read the cards and she said that I had got everything correct in that it all made sense and resonated with her.

However, she said that she knew a lot of that already and was there anything new that I could tell her?

I then realised that the question/statement I had focused on when drawing her spread was to gain some insight on where she is at the moment in her life! (So good for me, not so beneficial for her!)

At least I know that my deck and I know how to work together!

Anyone have a similar experience?

214red

forming the questions is still difficult for me, i also forget the exact question i asked when i have dealt the cards (goldfish memory...3 seconds) so i write it down whcih also cements it in my mind.

sometimes its worth taking time on the question, because you need to think if it will generate a useful answer

Manda

I find it helpful to take some time forming the question, and then writing it down. It sounds simple, but sometimes we forget what EXACTLY we asked, and that does matter. The cards try very hard to answer the question as we ask it, and sometimes when we start reading we forget our wording, and that can change the meanings.

That was a cool experience to have, though! After that, you could just reshuffle and ask her specific question, totally confident you and your cards are in tune.

Bloudwedd

Happens all the time. But atm I cant really recall a specific event right now sorry...

Since I am working in a more interactive fasion with my clients it feels ev en more important for me to get people to ask the "right" question. Right question=right focus!

/Anna

Baroli

This reminds me of something my mother would do when I was a kid. She would say:

"Would you mind getting me that?" I would say:

"What?"

"That."

"Oh, thaaaatt. Where?"

"There, it's over there."

"WHERE????"

"THERE!!!"

:rolleyes:

Like I am supposed to know what she was talking about (which I did, she didn't have to tell me anything, I knew what she wanted).

The point I am making is that not everyone can figure out what you want to ask, so it is important to form your question so that you will get the answer you are looking for. I have had my questions reformulated (I do that myself) in a reading session. Sometimes the querent has something in mind and just can't get the phrasing right to express what he/she may want. So IMO questions are just as important as the answer.

FYE: I have as of late not bothered with questions, the less I know, the better it is and that works for me. May not work for you. :)

WinterRose

I tend not to formulate questions in words, anyway. I always send my query to the deck through feelings and senses - I guess that's part of my clairsentientism - I have a hard time putting feelings and senses into words, but because I have the ability, I can communicate in feelings and senses....

Gah, I'm having a hard time even explaining it!