Tarot and Fishing

Aurelious

So I've been looking for something that I can do with my father to get in some quality fun/bonding time that includes our favorite shared hobby (largemouth bass fishing) along with tarot.

My reason is twofold. For one, I cannot gauge his reaction concerning my life path. I feel if I can find a way to blend "that which cannot be explained" with something he has done all his life with even slight results, it will excite both of us, not to mention heighten my confidence. So two birds with one stone.

Secondly, like I mentioned, something for us to bond. My older brother currently spends more time with him, but he lives away from home and lives "in the real world" as I currently live with my dad due to unemployment and lack of financial base. So I feel fishing could be my "claim to fame" with him. Something I'm equally interested in (though thoroughly less experienced) that we could both share.

Looking forward to any stories on how I can combine Tarot and fishing to become something me and my dad can spend the rest of our lives enjoying together.

mac22

Aurelious said:
So I've been looking for something that I can do with my father to get in some quality fun/bonding time that includes our favorite shared hobby (largemouth bass fishing) along with tarot.

My reason is twofold. For one, I cannot gauge his reaction concerning my life path. I feel if I can find a way to blend "that which cannot be explained" with something he has done all his life with even slight results, it will excite both of us, not to mention heighten my confidence. So two birds with one stone.

Secondly, like I mentioned, something for us to bond. My older brother currently spends more time with him, but he lives away from home and lives "in the real world" as I currently live with my dad due to unemployment and lack of financial base. So I feel fishing could be my "claim to fame" with him. Something I'm equally interested in (though thoroughly less experienced) that we could both share.

Looking forward to any stories on how I can combine Tarot and fishing to become something me and my dad can spend the rest of our lives enjoying together.

Good luck

There are fish & water in the RWS..... thought a couple of kings had a hand line in the water....:p

Mac22

nisaba

you could design a fishing deck! Cards for fish, fishermen, fishing boats, favourite fishing spots ... if you can't draw, appeal in the creating forum, I'm sure you'll find someone with the skills you need who will illustrate to your requirements! Your dad could be the King of <whatever suit is appropriate to him> and you could be its Knight ...

Aurelious

Hmmm. That is indeed an interesting design. Google search didn't bring up much on a fishing-based deck. Like Mac22 said there are some cards in RWS and various decks that have a fishing quality to them.

Umbrae

I've used Tarot as a fish finder in the Puget Sound.

with success.

Aurelious

Keeping it a secret, eh? So how would one go about using tarot?

Assigning directions to elements to go to the south/north/west/east side of lake/river/creek/etc? Using the imagery to remind you of a similar place at said area of water?

Umbrae

Aurelious said:
Keeping it a secret, eh? So how would one go about using tarot?

Assigning directions to elements to go to the south/north/west/east side of lake/river/creek/etc? Using the imagery to remind you of a similar place at said area of water?

I've told the story before, no secret. My fishing buddy cookie drew the 6 of Wands, so we dropped the down riggers to 60' and changed our heading to west. Got in the middle of the shipping channel, Cookie says, "We're in the middle of no place..." and the reel began singing...

It's all about keeping it simple.

Aurelious

Why west? Your particular thought to which direction fire is (As I know it West would be Water...which you were definately on, but still.)

Just trying to figure all this out. Tarot is such a wonderful gift.