8 Wands

Emily

I've just been looking through my deck, the Universal Waite, and I've just noticed something - the 8 Wands has no figures on it, just the sprouting wands, water, tree's, green hills and the house in the distance - I wonder why this card was drawn so different, its seems really plain compaired to the other cards? - the only other cards in the deck that has no figures on it is the 3 Swords and the Aces.

Kazz

Hi emily,
I think the reason the 8 of wands has no figures on it, is because things are just moving WAY too fast to see anything on this card..;) It is a very fast moving action card.
I don't know, I am only kidding around, but it sort of makes a little sense hey!

Cheers
Kazz

:TQC

Karenwhe

I totally agree with Kazz. The 8 of Wands is about pure energy and speed nothing else. I assume the artist wanted to illustrate that high power energy and speed by adding nothing to defocus from it.

Fulgour

The Laws of Nature

The 8 Wands appear to be coming down to earth.
The strength used to launch them is now spent,
and their flight is long since out of direct control.

A thrown spear, or loosed arrow, is powerfully thrust
towards its intended target ~ after that, it's beyond
the power or control of anything but Nature's Laws.

Click on to see a graph of a projectile's flight path:
http://beale.best.vwh.net/measure/can/trajectory.jpg

squeakmo9

8 of Wands

I've been instructed that 8 of Wands is also an indication that energies have been so scattered that one should take time to rest to prevent health from going downhill.

psychic sue

Thanks Squeek, I've been drawing 8 wands a lot recently, and that interpretation really makes sense for me.

Cascade

8 wands

I think it was with a lot of strength (8) that those wands were thrown. After seeing Fulgors' graph my first thought was, look how they've gotten lined up in the 9. Of course, it looks like you got caught in the whirlwind action first.

firecatpickles

These 8 wands could also be travelling through water.

KK

Fulgour

kilts_knave said:
These 8 wands could also be travelling through water.
Submarine Wands... "8" for 80 proof?

geministar

Yes this card does seem really plain. I also wondered why there were no people drawn on it.

The 8 wands does mean making your move and when you do, it happens rather quickly. It could also mean coming to conclusion, hence the wands are at a lean.

The card can also mean receiving news.

When I look at this card I think generally quickness, as the wands are flying through the air.