oracle of the grail code wont answer questions

awookie

I had the oracle arrive today and was excited at working with it.
I opened it and found it shuffles clumsily and is quite heavy to hold. that aside the artwork is classic and suitable for the subject. I decided to shut the lid but still heard the spirit around the cards trying to get through to me.

The problem is this.....
The oracle refuses to answer questions outside of myself. Career etc. The cards stated
"I wont answer questions that are linked to the outside world. I work solely on the inner self as in your inner world. If you want those questions answered use Tarot of the old path. Ill wait till you are ready."
what is wrong with my oracle deck?

thorhammer

awookie said:
Nothing at all! It's already answering questions - you just have to figure out which ones you're asking ;)

If every deck worked the same as all the others and for each of us, there would be no point in having more than one, now would there? :)

\m/ Kat

HearthCricket

Easy. Work with them both, alongside each other! When the Tarot of the Old Path answers the majority of your questions and you still wonder "Why?", then pull a card from the Oracle of the Grail Code. Voila! It obviously wants to be used as a spiritual clarifier, right now, and not for the things of the world.

awookie

Thank you. I am not use to oracle decks. I was just thrown by the way the oracle responded to me. I need to figure out how to use it.

moderndayruth

awookie said:
The oracle refuses to answer questions outside of myself. Career etc. The cards stated
"I wont answer questions that are linked to the outside world. I work solely on the inner self as in your inner world. If you want those questions answered use Tarot of the old path. Ill wait till you are ready."
I've just checked the author's site, it says that she is very spiritual (" i am an author on the path of the disciple with lifetimes of experience" states Sofia Marashinsky); folks who are into 'meditation and stuff' (my little self included) tend to see the outside as the reflection of the inside, if you know what i mean. So, your oracle migh be pointing you in that direction. ;)

HearthCricket

Perhaps something like a daily pick or a mind/body/spirit spread will be a nice way to get comfortable with an oracle like this. That is what I did with the Oracle of the Dragonfae until I became more familiar with it.

awookie

I wondered if someone could point me in the direction of spreads that would be better suited to the oracle please? I want to do a self reading for the body/mind/spirit yet I dont know where to start. I find this should be an empowering oracle but I am lost with where to begin.

Thank you

moderndayruth

awookie said:
I wondered if someone could point me in the direction of spreads that would be better suited to the oracle please? I want to do a self reading for the body/mind/spirit yet I dont know where to start. I find this should be an empowering oracle but I am lost with where to begin.

Thank you
Awookie, how about the three card spreads, the same ones we use for Tarot readings?
Like: Body/Mind/Soul (Spirit)
Past-Present-Future
Red light- Yellow light-Green light
(Don't - Caution- Go)
Yesterday-Today-Tommorow
For me, madam Lenormand was the most dificult oracle to grasp, so i went with a friend through all the cards, like one card every three days or so, we would study the image, symbology, the possible meanings etc., after that for couple of months we were doing daily draws and exchanged readings regularly. I think it took me some six months to actually learn to read the oracle, but i managed at end. ;)
Another oracle that was quite difficult for me was the Victorian Flower and here the AT study group is of immense help; maybe you could enquire whether there are other members studyng the oracle and start a group.
Ok, that was what i could think of for now, i'll re-post if i remember something else. Good luck with your oracle, its a very special one! :)

awookie

I have decided as I love the oracle so much I just ordered a back up of it. I so know if I dont I will regret it as I know im going to use it till the edges are worn down I always seem to do this. Or I will end up giving the deck to a friend of mine for a christmas present.

Hello Ruth I will be sure to give the 3 card reading a go before I head to bed shortly, I like the idea of a stop caution go system!. Thank you! I will have fun with this. Good idea a study group on the oracle!

Rev_Vesta

I find with certain oracle decks you really have to discover your inner strengths, and weaknesses to journey through... it is about facing your Shadow self........ a journey of self discovery.........

Each day pull just one card... and journal it........ and meditate on it.......

after you have pulled one card daily for a month... then start on 3 card spreads and journalling that... then increase to 5 cards then 7 then 9 then more until you find yourself with more complicated readings and understanding the cards easily....

I try and do this with each new deck i get..........(yes you use different decks for different spreads, different questions.... different decks answer different questions more easily.........(depending on what the author intended for the deck...)....

Hope this helps........ enjoy, connect and love working with this incredible deck......

Vesta