When Neptune is in the picture...

Maggiemay

Neptune is yet another planet that gives me grief when it's time to comprehend the impact of its aspects.

As was discussed in another thread, being able to make the most of any hard aspects is key.

A friend of mine ( actually I could think of 3 friends) happen to have a square aspect of (Neptune on her moon & sun). The other two friends respectively have (neptune square sun + moon) & (Neptune square sun+saturn+mercury + venus...ouch!)

From what I understand, this hard aspect from Neptune will tend to give a inferiority complex to whomever has it in their chart.

The inferiority complex would, supposedly, stem from a sense of abandonment of some sort. Yet my friends have not been abandonned by their parents, at least not in a physical sense...perhaps however in an emotional kind of way.

What are your perceptions of neptune's hard aspect?

Maggie :)

Ps: For myself, I have my 9th house's Neptune square my pisces ascendant. I have never been able to quite grasp the meaning of it. Is there something nebulous about the way I come across to others? Something unreal or untrue? Something deceitful? Perhaps... (Thank God, I also have a tight sextile from sun/jupiter to my ascendant! lol)

Cactus

Hi!! I'm glad someone else is interested in Neptune. I've got Nep opposite my Sun (however it is trine my Moon).

I know sometimes a square and opposite, depending on planets involved, can be a tad similar in effect. I'm not sure if a Nep opp. Sun would give similar tendencies as Nep. square Sun.

But anyway, I can say that I have a slight inferiority complex. I think it stems with definite abandonment issues suffered during grammar school. It definitely was not my family. In grammar school, for many years the kids just didn't like me. A few outright made fun of me and over the years others decided to either join them or just to ignore me.

I spent lunches alone, nobody talked to me, nobody picked me in gym class, no boys danced with me at dances...it was really terrible!

But I'm better now! :) I better be - I'm 40 years old! Now that I'm older and have been into astrology, I understand so much more about myself and why things happened. I think you're right in that it is the way we act that affects others. Now I hate to think that I caused these kids to hate me because there are things in others as well (it takes two!) that affect feelings about a person.

I have realized that those kids might have been put off by - like you said, NEBULOUS or unreal aspects they got from me. Perhaps I was too spacey and in my own world for them. I think they were put off because I knew things about them or stared at them as if I were drawing information from them. Now I did not know then that I was doing that. Looking back I realize that's what was happening (cause I'm examining how I relate to people now and I caught myself doing that.) and they were probably a bit freaked out and decided I was weird. They might have felt uncomfortable around me and decided to take back their power by making me feel small and themselves feel big.

I try not to over-analyze this. But as you can see, I really relate to your questions about Neptune. I think it plays a huge role in the way we come across to others. Even when we don't mean to be deceitful, I think sometimes people PERCEIVE it as deceitful - or secretive. I always was VERY private and so I think I acted secretive when I actually had nothing "secret" to hide - it was just how I was. Those kids may have interpreted my staring at them (because I was just daydreamy and wouldn't realize I was staring and thinking) as being intrusive! I never would think of myself as intrusive! But now that I understand better, I can see how kids could come to that conclusion.

Is this making sense? :)

That Neptune is a bugger. It is one of the most aspected planets in my chart, so I have a LOT of Neptune (and 12th house stuff )going on, as well as Moon in Pisces. I have to watch myself with other people. I constantly have my perception of people clouded and nebulous because of Neptune and really have to work hard to clear out the cobwebs of what I would LIKE reality to be with what is actually true information coming to me. For instance, I have to stop assuming that ALL people I meet are good just because I want everything to be peachy with no ill will or awkward confrontations. Instead I have to just let my intuition tell me about people and if they are truly nice or if they have some negative vibes coming from them.

So to answer your question, I think I agree with you on your interpretation of Neptune's hard aspects.

Maggiemay

Hi Cactus,

From what I read, the sun opp Neptune, tends to suggest a strong tendency towards idealism. It might be that your aspirations are soooo high that you end up being discouraged when you don't live up to it... Hence, the little 'inferiority'' feelings.

In the square aspects though, I reckon there seems to be more of an ongoing battle of 'real versus unreal'... No respite there.

Your post is making a whole lot of sense to me... Remember, I'm pisces ascendant with a neptune square!

Best wishes,

Cactus

Maggiemay said:
Hi Cactus,

From what I read, the sun opp Neptune, tends to suggest a strong tendency towards idealism. It might be that your aspirations are soooo high that you end up being discouraged when you don't live up to it... Hence, the little 'inferiority'' feelings.

Now why did it take me several long paragraphs when all I needed to say was what you said above? :) That's exactly what I meant - my aspirations are very high - I want to see the absolute best in everyone and everything. Not that I like everyone I meet, but...

But that's exactly why it seems that I get the wool pulled over my eyes - because I've projected the best qualities onto people who don't deserve them and when they act "out of character" according to MY ideals, it seems they are treating me strangely and then I feel very disappointed with people. I'm trying to get out of that habit!

Maggiemay

Cactus said:
I'm trying to get out of that habit!

You are a total crack up! :)

I saw this mini-documentary on TV last night about 2-3 couples who went on vacation together to Mexico.

One of their planned activity was to sail on one of those huge boats during one afternoon.

Anyways...to make a long story short, the boat turned over and they all ended up in the water. On top of that, It was a very windy day and the sea was extremely restless. (they later found out they had been the only boat out on the sea in that region...because of the bad weather) - And that's the GOOD news...

The BAD news being that the waves hit them and pulled them downward in the waters. The waves kept coming at intervals of 5 minutes each from all sides. That lasted for an hour and half..

They truly believed they were going to die... (had started telling each others how they loved one another...how they had had a good run in this life...ect...)

Anyways, thank G-d, a tourist on the beach saw them with his binoculars! (It would have been impossible to otherwise b/c of the waves)

So at the end, they did survive...and then they went on TV to talk about it.

To me, that story illustrates a little bit what a neptune square on the luminaries feels like.... (another example perhaps being the Tsunami.)

Best wishes,

SpaceCadet

Oh I love Neptune. I relate well, as my sun is exactly trine my Neptune. Harmonious aspects should bring out the more positive traits so harsh aspects would highlight the darker side of Neptune. So that makes sense they would be prone to heavy states depression. Maybe harsh aspects would give a feeling of separateness? Scary and complicated planet but I love it!

franniee

I have neptune in opposition of my ascendant - conjoined my desc.... in my 6th house...... I can't take any meds - I get adverse reactions to them all! Narcotics make me hyper and my heart races! Any and all of them!

I pick up strays..... or as my friend says I am a freak magnet! It is true! I get overburdoed by people;s problems and that is tough on me! I am highly empathic and it kills me at times! I have to find a distance but sometimes it is hard for me to manage.

I love writing and art and music! I am visual. I am also highly logical but that is a very different section of my chart. :D

Anyway I can be fooled by people.... I can see them for who they are but I give them a chance and I get messed up!!! As I have aged I have gotten better at figuring things out. :)

Maggiemay

It's interesting you should mention your affection for Neptune. The fact that your sun is in trine with neptune must be ''out of this world''!! lol
There will be something ' magical' about your spouse.

As far as the squares are concerned...well you said it! Rough aspect right there.

Neptune could be sooo deceptive though. Eg: Here is a link of a close up of neptune. Would you ever be able to tell that this 'peaceful' looking planet has the most VIOLENT storms of all the planets?

http://jmm45.free.fr/planetes/neptune/pia00058.jpg

ps: If it was up to me, I would live in space...with the stars..

Maggiemay

Hey franniee,

Just wondering : do you have psychic abilities?

franniee

Maggiemay said:
Hey franniee,

Just wondering : do you have psychic abilities?

:laugh: LOL uh .... yup! :D I am also highly empathic to the point where I will got sucked into a person's emotions! Not fun!

But I always attributed my "sucked in" factor to my conjunction of my moon, merc and mars.... but I guess it really is neptune.... - it is within 2 degrees of my desc! So it is a true conjunction.....