Balsamic Moon

Maggiemay

Well, since we are in the dark of the moon, I would like to ask how familiar any of you are with the meaning of the phase of the moon in a birth chart?

I, myself, am not too too familiar with its interpretations.

I know that I was born with a balsamic moon, which, karmically speaking means that I have to ''finish'' a cycle. Now, what cycle is that? I do not know.

I think, but I am not too sure, the full moon in a birth chart talks about how emotions will be super important for the person in question.

Anyhow, I would love to get your insights on that topic.

Thanks,

Maggie :)

BigLuna

There's lots of info on moon phases available. I usually note the moon phase in someone's chart, but don't put a whole lot of weight on it in interpretation. It's a side dish for me, a little more info.

I do have a great interesting in moon gardening and watching the moon through the month, though.

Maggiemay

I see. I'll be sure to read about it. Thank you.

Minderwiz

The only time I put emphasis on the Moon's phases is in the assessment of Temperament. This seems to have been common up to the Seventeenth Century and there's an excellent book on Temperament by Dorian Greenbaum, which explains its use.

I now use her approach, rather than the modern approach in assessing someone's character.

BigLuna

The Temperament book looks excellent. Thanks for recommending it.

Temperament is a way of determining personality that has been embraced by some of the evangelicals in America, and there are quite a few resources available on it here.

I've not seen anything like this one, though, and it looks like it would be a really good resource. Thanks, again!

Maggiemay

Thank you for the recommendation. I've had a glance at the link that Bernice posted. The approach on Temperament seems to be brilliant.