Suggestions?

Raistlin

I currently carry three fairly small crystals with me - Amethyst, Clear Quartz and Angelite. I love these crystals. They go in my pillow slip at night (I have been an primary insomniac since the age of 5) and they travel in my handbag and I have them with me during readings. I was told they will help for meditation and clarity.

One of the biggest problems I have, actually most likely the biggest, is what I have named emotional feedback from people or objects that are touched regularly by people. It is like a rush of everyones feelings and I need to try and shield myself.

Any suggestions on other crystals or are mine adequate?

My sleep patterns have definitely improved incredibly - I cant remember when last I had to medicate to sleep.

Sophie

You can give black tourmaline a try- it's easily available in your country. It's a good shield for negative energy (including emotional energy and electromagnetic energy), but it's gentle enough to have nearby.

Another very good stone for your emotional kickback is turquoise. It's traditionally used to counter vibes that are negative for the person (in the Middle East and North Africa they use it against the Evil Eye), and it brings balance in the one carrying it. You can wear turquoise as jewellery, or carry a small piece with you.

In general I would say choose a stone that is dense, not translucent. These absorb better. Don't forget to cleanse and recharge your stone regularly.

lark

To the three stones you already have I would add a Moonstone and keep that one in your room for the insomnia, no need to carry it with you...under your pillow is fine.
I would also get a nice Rose Quartz and a Sodalite...they are excellent stones for those who tend to be too overly sensitive to outer energies.
They are gentle stones and the reason I recommend them is you don't want to shut off your gift of psychometry as once you do that it is hard to get it back...you just want to make it a little less intense so you can live comfortably with it.

Shadow213

Raistlin said:
I currently carry three fairly small crystals with me - Amethyst, Clear Quartz and Angelite. I love these crystals. They go in my pillow slip at night (I have been an primary insomniac since the age of 5) and they travel in my handbag and I have them with me during readings. I was told they will help for meditation and clarity.

One of the biggest problems I have, actually most likely the biggest, is what I have named emotional feedback from people or objects that are touched regularly by people. It is like a rush of everyones feelings and I need to try and shield myself.

Any suggestions on other crystals or are mine adequate?

My sleep patterns have definitely improved incredibly - I cant remember when last I had to medicate to sleep.

I think your an empath like me. When I get overwhelmed with the emotions of others I just pullout my obsidian and carry it with me in my pocket. I gave mine 2 programs because it also brings luck and that is what I use it for most I just switch programs when I need it. Besides bringing luck what it actually does is blocks psychic attacks and subdues them. Since I gave it the 2 separate programs and found that I can switch between the two. I can turn off the psychic attack blocker when I don't need it. I'm not 100% sure but I think it can be a harsh for some, it seemed to work very well and mild for me when and was very effective against the attacks, it also works for energy vampires. I agree with lark to also buy the rose quartz and the sodalite, I have a piece of each and the sodalite is mild and when combined with the obsidian it boosted the effectiveness of blocking the attacks well at least for me anyway. I hope my info is of use.

If anyone finds that my research is wrong please correct me as I am still learning

brightbrook

You could ask your amethyst to gentle the emotional feedback. I've used amethyst for many years for psychic safety. Using amethyst would allow you to still experience the "feedback" but without pain.

I agree that obsidian is excellent for shielding one from negativity. This stone would be a more absolute and complete shielding than if you used amethyst.

Raistlin

Thank you for all the feedback. I am going to see my jeweller at lunch today to see what he can do for me.

He is trying to source the black obsidian for me but I think he ma actually have some rose quartz in stock.

Will let you know what I get :)