PDA

View Full Version : Hello All!! Cancerian to start joining discussions - sure to be emotional responses!!


LeahG
16-02-2003, 19:35
Hello - now I normally only stick with the tarot forum - but recently have developed an interest in astrology......have looked up the astro.com site and made up my birth chart - lucky my dear mother remembered my birth time!!

So will start to contribute to discussions soon - goodness me so much to learn!!

So to introduce myself....

For those who haven't yet meet me on the other forums

Kitty (Leah) a Cancerian (yes - I have noticed a number on the forum) - I go loopy at full moons and fit the typical cancerian description - emotional, moody , obessed with my home, need to feel safe and wear my shell when trouble is looming!

I do have a question though for the knowledgeable out there...
My moon sign is Sagitarrius, how might this affect the sun sign of Cancer?

isthmus nekoi
17-02-2003, 02:37
Hi Kitty, welcome to the study group! It's nice to have a fellow feline around (neko=cat) =^_^=

Just to let you know, we have a group account on astro.com
If you'd like to post yours there, please PM lunalafey for the e-mail/password.
You can find more info w/helpful links here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=8487
You may also want to check out past threads; we've been holding this group study since Scorpio.

Cancer sun and Sag moon isn't the easiest combo, as a Sag moon likes to explore whereas Cancer suns would rather curl up and be comfortable at home. This is not to say they're incompatable: Cancer sun may give you a nuturing disposition and Sag moon will lend an optimism.
Hm. Sag moon might give you the desire to travel, but perhaps not physically? Maybe your Sag 'explorations' take the form of crafts, or books, or something you can pursue in the comfort of your home!

Minderwiz
17-02-2003, 03:01
Hi Kitty,

Just to add a little to Isthmus' good info. Your Moon sign goes a long way to indicate your High Priestess side - your unconscious, receptive side, the way in which you feel and react. It also shows what leads to you feeling comfortable and sercure.

So as Isthmus says your Moon in Sagittarius shows that you are comfortable both learning and travelling. Its also likely that your reactions end to be enthusiastic and idealistic and may well be linked to your belief system (whatever it is). You are also more likely to be predisposed to question things because you want to learn, the more you learn the more secure you feel and the more comfortable you feel.


The Sun shows the way in which you express your conscious will, creativity and indeed your vitality. You basically said the main things here. The main thing you probably learned was to be less protective of your own ego and let the enquiring Moon out! However you still need the nest to retire to and recharge at regular intervals.

LeahG
17-02-2003, 11:08
Originally posted by isthmus nekoi
Hi Kitty, welcome to the study group! It's nice to have a fellow feline around (neko=cat) =^_^=

Just to let you know, we have a group account on astro.com
If you'd like to post yours there, please PM lunalafey for the e-mail/password.
You can find more info w/helpful links here:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?threadid=8487
You may also want to check out past threads; we've been holding this group study since Scorpio.

Cancer sun and Sag moon isn't the easiest combo, as a Sag moon likes to explore whereas Cancer suns would rather curl up and be comfortable at home. This is not to say they're incompatable: Cancer sun may give you a nuturing disposition and Sag moon will lend an optimism.
Hm. Sag moon might give you the desire to travel, but perhaps not physically? Maybe your Sag 'explorations' take the form of crafts, or books, or something you can pursue in the comfort of your home!

Ah thank you! I have posted my chart at astro.com with the others and starting to look at the thread you directed me to.

LeahG
17-02-2003, 17:19
Just reading both your comments made me smile - ah can see how sag affects me now - I like to learn and explore- hows this....

studying my grad dip in psychology - but doing it via off campus mode - allows me to learn and study in the comfort of my home with my comfy pants and my cat - would say that is a mixture of cancer and sag?! :)

thank you to you both - I will keep looking at the astrology forum and post when I think I have enough knowledge to contribute something of value - but not to worry - once I get started I'm off!!

LeahG
17-02-2003, 17:26
Originally posted by Minderwiz
. You are also more likely to be predisposed to question things because you want to learn, the more you learn the more secure you feel and the more comfortable you feel.



ahahaha LOL - ah yes I am always saying "But I NEED to know, but WHY?!!"

and the reason I need to know....the security it brings.

Wow astrology is alot more than just your sun sign isn't! Ah I think you have a new astrology convert - now how will I fit learning astrology, tarot, studying full time and working full time? - I will find a way ;)

isthmus nekoi
18-02-2003, 07:04
Hi Kitty, *yes* astrology is so much more than a sun sign! There's a lot to learn in astro; there are a number of books/websites listed in the linked thread to get you started ^_^

I should also add that although I'm heading up the group, I only started reading about astrology seriously since Oct (when the group started), so I'm not nearly as knowledgable as Minderwiz... but if you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them!

Moongold
18-02-2003, 17:46
I'm relatively new to this as well but it is a great place to learn,

I know you go to the Theosophical Bookshop in Russell Street and I'm sure that one day we'll run into each other......but in the meantime.............

They have a fantastic astrology book section and it might be worth your while to get an introductory book or too that will help you along.

Chart Interpretation Handbook" Stephen Arroyo, CRCS Publications 1969 and
How to read your astrological chart Donna Cunningham, Weiser Books, 1999

are both good and not too expensive. Having a reference made it a lot easier for me.

You can download a free chart drawing program too that might be nice to play with while you're learning. If you did a search under *Astrowyn* you'd find it. Having something simple but accurate like this helps a lot with the learning process. You can get mucg glossier ones of course.

Congratulations on doing the Grad. Dip. There are lots of connections in the things you're doing.

My best wishes

Moongold

LeahG
18-02-2003, 19:14
Originally posted by Moongold
I'm relatively new to this as well but it is a great place to learn,

I know you go to the Theosophical Bookshop in Russell Street and I'm sure that one day we'll run into each other......but in the meantime.............

They have a fantastic astrology book section and it might be worth your while to get an introductory book or too that will help you along.

Chart Interpretation Handbook" Stephen Arroyo, CRCS Publications 1969 and
How to read your astrological chart Donna Cunningham, Weiser Books, 1999

are both good and not too expensive. Having a reference made it a lot easier for me.

You can download a free chart drawing program too that might be nice to play with while you're learning. If you did a search under *Astrowyn* you'd find it. Having something simple but accurate like this helps a lot with the learning process. You can get mucg glossier ones of course.

Congratulations on doing the Grad. Dip. There are lots of connections in the things you're doing.

My best wishes

Moongold

Thank you Moongold - what a great memory you have :) Thanks for the info - of course the TS Bookshop - haven't looked much in their astrology section before....hmmmm payday thursday can feel a visit to the bookshop coming on :D

Yes, tarot, astrology and psycholgy - connections there alright - just beginning to read about Jungs theory's - archetypes - thanks to tarot I have an understanding already!

Cheers Moongold - a simple astrology book is what I am after - otherwise its a bit mindboggling - charts, houses, signs, ascendent , signs that trine, signs that oppose - ahhhhhhh!

Will give an update on the astrology forum of my progress - bound to have some questions as per usual.

Karenwhe
24-02-2003, 22:06
I will just jump in to say here is another Cancerian, and also from Melbourne.

I am in the middle of an Astrology course for beginners on www.bn.com. (it is a FREE course)

You can't register now, but in the next session you might be interested.

Astrology is complicated I am trying hard to get grips with it, getting there but slowly.

LeahG
25-02-2003, 19:08
Originally posted by Karenwhe
I will just jump in to say here is another Cancerian, and also from Melbourne.

I am in the middle of an Astrology course for beginners on www.bn.com. (it is a FREE course)

You can't register now, but in the next session you might be interested.

Astrology is complicated I am trying hard to get grips with it, getting there but slowly.

Hi Karen!! yes of course the other cancerian melbournite!! :)

It sure is complicated - don't know how much time I have in reality to study it - but will fit it in around others things - maybe on the tram to work? Intrigued to learn more about my chart- this thrist for knowledge can probably be explained somewhere!!

Good luck with the free course - I had seen it on barnes noble - let me know how you go!!

cheers

coldsuns
02-03-2003, 16:11
I thought Cancer belong to Moon?

LeahG
02-03-2003, 21:42
Originally posted by coldsuns
I thought Cancer belong to Moon?

Hi Coldsuns,

I'm not sure what you question relates to. In the tarot Cancer is associated with the Chariot card. Astrologically, yes cancer is affliated with the Moon.

:)

Karenwhe
03-03-2003, 14:40
The Moon itself (in terms of a planet, but it is not really a planet) is associated with the card the Moon. While the Sign Cancer with the Chariot.

Cancer does not belong to the Moon. The Cancer sign is ruled by the Moon.

Two different things.

Minderwiz
03-03-2003, 22:23
Many Taroists indentify the Moon with the High Priestess and the Moon card with Pisces - from associations used by the Golden Dawn. As the Moon has no essential dignity in Pisces (though it is a Water sign) the latter association is a little strange- thier reasoning was, I understand, that Pisces was the most psychic sign and The Moon the most psychic card in the Tarot.

Just to complicate matters the Moon card usually has the image of a crayfish on it - and the crayfish is the emblem of Cancer!

miranda
05-03-2003, 10:34
hi ! im total cancer *CRYING* LOL

LeahG
05-03-2003, 13:12
Originally posted by miranda
hi ! im total cancer *CRYING* LOL


ahahhaa LOL - we can be funny characters sometimes can't we!

A friend of mine a Libran loves provoking the cancerian emotions in me -says things to provoke emotions then watches me put on my hardened shell and bring out the big crawls/nippers *no no you can't get inside here - back off I have my weapons (nippers) you know!!! crawl back under my shell and my safe rock*

miranda
05-03-2003, 13:41
Originally posted by Kitty
ahahhaa LOL - we can be funny characters sometimes can't we!

A friend of mine a Libran loves provoking the cancerian emotions in me -says things to provoke emotions then watches me put on my hardened shell and bring out the big crawls/nippers *no no you can't get inside here - back off I have my weapons (nippers) you know!!! crawl back under my shell and my safe rock* *snort* laff* thats my hubbby alright.. hes
a sun; libra
moon; taurus
rising; leo

im a cancer , cancer sagit.. im VERY emotional & the smallest thing can set me either angry or crying or happy LOL

LeahG
05-03-2003, 15:23
Originally posted by miranda


im a cancer , cancer sagit.. im VERY emotional & the smallest thing can set me either angry or crying or happy LOL

Hey do so am I - sun: cancer moon: sag, with leo rising

VERY emotional - with the emphasis on very - LOL hahahehe - yes the smallest thing - and it only has to small - and wham we have tears, or we are estactic or very very angry!

"warning warning - do not, and I repeat, do not piss off a cancerian with fire signs brewing underneath"

LOL :D

Karenwhe
06-03-2003, 09:54
I read all the responses here and I remain puzzled about myself. I am Cancer with rising Cancer and emotionalism is not my strong side at all, but enthusiasm yes. I don't get emotional very easily at all. If I had to attach a sign to may character it would have to be a mix between Aries/Virgo/Capricorn. :D :D :D :D

I look at my chart and it still doesn’t make any sense. The last resort I have to figure this out is maybe to re-check with my mom my birth hour/time as otherwise I just can't explain this. :D :D :D :D

purplefishy
11-03-2003, 09:28
Hey! Just thought i'd pop in... i'm a Sun: Pisces, Moon: Cancer and Rising:Scorpio. You can only begin to imagine the kinds of emotions I have on a daily basis....

csfpulsing
16-03-2003, 01:45
I'm Cancerous too. Sun on the cusp of Cancer/Leo. Moon in Taurus. Sagitarrius rising. Also very "moody" When I am happy I am very manic. Its like doing some great drug. Heheh

Moongold
16-03-2003, 07:58
Originally posted by Karenwhe
I read all the responses here and I remain puzzled about myself. I am Cancer with rising Cancer and emotionalism is not my strong side at all, but enthusiasm yes. I don't get emotional very easily at all. If I had to attach a sign to may character it would have to be a mix between Aries/Virgo/Capricorn. :D :D :D :D

I look at my chart and it still doesn’t make any sense. The last resort I have to figure this out is maybe to re-check with my mom my birth hour/time as otherwise I just can't explain this. :D :D :D :D

All the energy over here attracted me and I popped in to see what was happening. I only have two connections with Cancer. The first is that Cancer is on the Cusp of my 7th House which indicates caring in terms of relationships, both business and private. And the Moon rules Cancer. That's a vague connection but the Moon is really important to me.

Karen,

You probably know this already, but so much depends on the chart as a WHOLE. You may have other things happening in the chart which balance out the major characteristics of the cancer sign.

Just for example, Stephen Arroyo in Guidelines for understanding the essentials of the birth chart comments that people with Cancer Ascendants tend to be much more reserved than people who are purely Cancer Sun signs.

Arroyo emphasizes that introversion is a strong characteristic of the Cancer Ascendant. That doesn't mean you're shy at all but simply that you process a lot of stuff internally and what you present to the world is that part of you which has worked it all out.

Are you still in Melbourne? I remember discussion about New Zealand. Nice to see you still around.

Moongold

LeahG
16-03-2003, 17:49
Originally posted by purplefishy
Hey! Just thought i'd pop in... i'm a Sun: Pisces, Moon: Cancer and Rising:Scorpio. You can only begin to imagine the kinds of emotions I have on a daily basis....

hi purplefishy :)

wow - yes you would have all sorts of emotions - would make your life interesting :)

LeahG
16-03-2003, 18:00
Originally posted by csfpulsing
I'm Cancerous too. Sun on the cusp of Cancer/Leo. Moon in Taurus. Sagitarrius rising. Also very "moody" When I am happy I am very manic. Its like doing some great drug. Heheh

Hello :)

Another cancerian! I'm sun - cancer, moon - sagitarrius, leo rising and taurus occupies a few houses :)

Moody - manic - it is like some drug - the highs are highs and the lows are lows - its a bit extreme at times but as I mentioned to purplefishy - it certainly makes me live my life with passion!!

Friends and family sometimes like to sit back and "watch the show" :D

coldsuns
16-03-2003, 19:09
My birthday falls on 21st of July. I'm a Cancerian-Leo.i'm very emotional and easily cries over things.

csfpulsing
17-03-2003, 00:43
cool, same birthday as me. july 21, 1984 here.

coldsuns
17-03-2003, 00:46
Oh..thats great! We will celebrate birthday together! Where you live in? Hehe...

csfpulsing
17-03-2003, 05:44
i think if you went straight through the earth from singapore youd end up here. heh, maybe, I have no clue.

coldsuns
17-03-2003, 12:26
Uh oh..you dont even know where you are living? But i'm great that someone is having a same birthday with me! Finally one..so i know i wont be the only one celebrating in the universe ^_^ Are you very emotional and moody too? Having a bad temper? Like to scold people??