THE 2ND & 6TH HOUSE EXONERATED

Maggiemay

Hey everyone,

In most of my readings, I find that the 2nd house and the 6th house are usually dealt with... dare I say it? ......... Contempt!

Now, you may tell me I am not reading the right materials...which is probably true but MOST of the material I have gone thru doesn't do justice to both these houses. Well, at least... not in my eyes! lol

For all intent and purposes, I might be (am!) biased down to my marrow but, the 2nd House is soooo much more than earning money ect...

I mean, it HAS to be more than money!?? If only because its staring right at the 8th house which is no walk in the park!! Same argument for the 6th house versus the 12th house!

So, What do you think?

Maggie :)

BigLuna

I think people get bug-a-booey about the 6th because of health issues and that is the house of "servants." I've always gotten more information about health from the first house, the sun, and the moon than I've ever gotten from the 6th. Most of us don't have servants, so how important is that these days? I have seen it have a great deal to do with our everyday work environments, though, where most of us feel like servants. Since it seems most people would rather not work for a living, it can make us feel like servants. In that case, it's contemptable I guess.

I haven't picked up that the 2nd house is dealt with contemptuously. It IS about money. Venus/Taurus naturally in that house is absolutely money. But, YES, it is about much, much more. I've found that it has a lot to do with a person's natural talent. And I suppose that if we were all allowed to earn our living and make money from our talent instead of the dreaded 9-5 job, we would all be much happier. And isn't that ultimately the best plan for us, to be who and what we are? So, I see the 2nd house as a gift if we can just allow ourselves to use it.

Maggiemay

BigLuna said:
I think people get bug-a-booey about the 6th because of health issues and that is the house of "servants." I've always gotten more information about health from the first house, the sun, and the moon than I've ever gotten from the 6th.
Interesting.
BigLuna said:
I haven't picked up that the 2nd house is dealt with contemptuously.
Ok. So I exaggerated a tinsy bit! lol
No, but seriously, I found the usual and general interpretation to be too simplistic...however, you are right, it is essentially about money.
BigLuna said:
(...) I've found that it has a lot to do with a person's natural talent.
Really?
BigLuna said:
And isn't that ultimately the best plan for us, to be who and what we are? So, I see the 2nd house as a gift if we can just allow ourselves to use it.
Powerful wisdom, right here.

Thank you very much.

Maggiemay

I've given this thread quite some thought and that's it! I've made up my mind.

To me the 6th house is the 'pathway' from the 5th house to the 7th house and therefore not to be taken for granted.

6th house planetary activities could actually make daily life quite a blast. Especially in synastry where so much about love and it's long term success has to do with 'daily little attentions' and all the other little things that come with it...

The 6th house in synastry, to me, represents the classic answer to:
-'' What do love about him/her?''
-'' I don't know really... I guess it's all those little things....'' ( 6th house, right here!)

So, all in all, the 6th house rocks.

Ahhh! Love and its ''DAILY'' conundrum!! LOL

Sophie

Without money, you can do piss-all with your life; but too much stuff will tie you down. So the 2nd house, like any other part of life, ought to be approached with moderation and good sense (very Taurus that, right?).

But the 6th house...hmm, service, back-breakingly so. It's not a nice house, but it reflects something we all know in our lives. BL - true, most of us don't have servants...but many people work tough and uninspiring jobs in which they have no authority but are the servants to a faceless corporation. And in some way or another, we all serve the system in a way that leaves us more its servants than its masters... so in that capacity, the 6th house is ours too. And some (not many) of us ARE in the position of being able to order people others around.

In relation to the 6th house, I'd like to know why Mars is in its joy there - because Mars is so gung-ho and aggressive...what's it to do with service (unless we are talking Spartacus here).

Minderwiz

The second house is MY material possessions. These are the things which enable me to express myself to the material world and to maintain my life and to enable me to interact with others in a significant way. It might not be a key activity but it is the next best thing. It is a succedent House and the sign on it's cusp will proceed to become the Ascendant.

The sixth is a cadent House. It's sign was on the Descendant but has now spent it's force. The sixth is a weak house and it's opposite, the twelfth is also a cadent House.

Looked at from the native's point of view the sixth deals with the relatively minor; pets, small animals and servants are obviously relatively unimportant. Illness is also by and large unimportant, except at exceptional times. The sixth's role in decumbiture then becomes quite important FOR the physician.

The sixth is also my child's possessions, or my lover's possessions, or my neighbour's parents or father. don't forget that houses can be relational.

Most of my sixth house horaries relate to my pet's or my daughter's possessions. Ill health is a relatively minor use of the house (though sadly not recently).

Maggiemay

Fudugazi said:
Without money, you can do piss-all with your life

LOL.

Fudugazi said:
but many people work tough and uninspiring jobs in which they have no authority but are the servants to a faceless corporation.

True. However, some of my 'funnest' co-workers have had stuff in my 6th house, ie: sun+ uranus ( we were travelling every other day and it was a blast!) or Sun-Pluto ( I learned a ton from that co-worker) Venus, jupiter and stuff...It makes daily life more fun, I find... Don't you agree?

Fudugazi said:
In relation to the 6th house, I'd like to know why Mars is in its joy there - because Mars is so gung-ho and aggressive...what's it to do with service (unless we are talking Spartacus here).
I would guess because Mars makes even the boring stuff turn out to be fun.

Thank you for commenting Fudugazi,

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
The second house is MY material possessions. These are the things which enable me to express myself to the material world and to maintain my life and to enable me to interact with others in a significant way.

Agreed. It just sucks big time to think that I have 3 planets in the 2nd house, I mean: Where is the spunk in that??? ( guess, I'll have to find some 'mystical way' to look at it..lol)

Minderwiz said:
The sixth is also my child's possessions, or my lover's possessions, or my neighbour's parents or father. don't forget that houses can be relational.
Interesting. Did not know that.

What's the math behind that? lover is the 5th house so next house is lover's 2nd house, therefore your 6th house?

Thank you , Minderwiz.