Yantra Deck

BodhiSeed

I just got the Yantra Deck in the mail yesterday, and so far I'm really enjoying it:
http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/yantra/

The cards are square, 4 x 4 inches, and though the cardstock is a bit thin, they don't seem like they will damage too easily. There is a glossy lamination on the cards, but it is not thick and they don't stick together; actually they slide nicely.
The meanings of the cards are based on the teachings and writings of many people, including: the Dalai Lama, Wayne Dyer, Thich Nhat Hanh, Jon Kabat-Zinn, Byron Katie, Eckhart Tolle, Don Miguel Ruiz, and many others. If you are drawn to more spiritual type decks (such as the Fifth Tarot), I believe you will enjoy this deck.
A small book comes with the deck. Each entry contains the dictionary definition of the title of the card, a small paragraph about it, an inquiry, an intention, body/mind/soul ideas for the concept, a description and explanation of the image on the card, and a few quotes on the subject.

Here is an excerpt from the "TRUST: being confident" card (without the definition and quotes):

Explanation: "Recognizing and releasing the demand for reality to be other than it is, we realize that we are safe and that all happens perfectly and purposefully. We do our best, being fully present in the moment instead of seeking to be elsewhere."

Inquiry: "Am I aware that I am safe?"

Intention: "I accept whatever the universe brings forth, and trust that I am given all that I need. Trust gives me strength and security in myself and I can flow with any changes."

Body: "Find your center of gravity and stay focused on it."
Mind: "Decide that the universe is friendly."
Spirit: "Realize Oneness."

Image: The Wheel - "The wheel symbolizes the cycle of life, rebirth, and renewal; impermanence and change in the material world. The wheel also represents time, fate, or karma and is associated with the chakras."

ETA: Though Amazon lists them as out of stock, I got mine from santosha.com for a good price:
http://www.santosha.com/The-Yantra-Deck--The-Art-of-Being-Present-_p_3286.html

BodhiSeed

Hmm... No one's even a little interested? My enabling skills must be slipping...}):D

lightbug

OOOHHH I like that format! :D --

(mind, body, soul, inquiry, intention, etc.)

That sounds really interesting. Is there keywords on the card or must you look up the meanings in the book? (off to look for pictures instead of asking silly questions) ;)

ETA: just looked at them --very interesting! I have an itchy "buy" button finger now -- lol so your enabling skills are top notch.

I'm not sure about decks that don't have pictures or symbols I can relate to but there's something cool about this deck!

AJ

I always look at your suggestions Bod, too many words on this one for me.

BodhiSeed

lightbug said:
I'm not sure about decks that don't have pictures or symbols I can relate to but there's something cool about this deck!
Yes, the simplicity of the design (and keywords AJ!) almost put me off buying it, but after reading all the people whose teachings are incorporated in the meanings of the cards, I had to take a chance.:D