Born at the same hospital, at the same time = same forecast???

Maggiemay

Me again!

Here is a question I get a lot when I discuss astrology...( well, the little bit I know about anyways! lol)

Imagine two babys, same gender, born at the same hospital, at the exact same time.

Astrologically speaking, are we to understand that they will have similar lives with similar characters?

I know it doesn't work that way, but I am not quite sure how to explain eloquently.

Care to comment?

Maggie :)

BigLuna

That's interesting because it brings all the other factors into play.

They may encounter similiar events, but that doesn't mean that they'll be clones of each other.

Each was raised by a different family, different personalities, different environments. Maybe one family was wealthier than the other and could afford to offer things and experiences to their child that wasn't available to the poorer child. Maybe one child is smarter than the other. Astrology can't tell us whether someone is smart or not. One may have been raised in a conservative religious household; the other as an athiest. Millions of environmental factors come into play.

So will their lives be similiar? I doubt it. They may have similiar characteristics, and events may happen simultaneously, but we can't predict what that event might be. A planet manifests in so many different ways.

It's essentially the question of "nature vs. nurture."

franniee

I would expect their personalities to be very similar. Big Luna is right, though.... I think the chart shows the potential and tendencies not definites.

But I think where they live comes into play. So..... if they were born at X but one lives in another city and the other lives near X etc..... like my husband - he was born in a different country - but when I look at his transits and such I look at it for where we live now.....

But you do bring up an interesting point. :)

Nevada

Obviously not identical. The patterns and energies will very likely be similar. No two people are identical, though, not even "identical" twins raised in the same family and economic and cultural circumstances. I also think it's important not to lump people together as if they weren't individuals, so I'd say it's just another form of energies and influences at work in their lives, that they'll share similarities, but they'll manifest those similarities in their individual ways.

Maggiemay

BigLuna said:
That's interesting because it brings all the other factors into play. They may encounter similiar events, but that doesn't mean that they'll be clones of each other.(...) Millions of environmental factors come into play.
Right! Now that I think of it, as soon as a child is born to a different of parents, I mean, right there, you have a completely different life...wether one believes in astrology or not...

BigLuna said:
So will their lives be similiar? I doubt it. They may have similiar characteristics, and events may happen simultaneously, but we can't predict what that event might be. A planet manifests in so many different ways. It's essentially the question of "nature vs. nurture."
True.

BigLuna! You're great!!

Maggiemay

Nevada said:
Obviously not identical. The patterns and energies will very likely be similar. No two people are identical, though, not even "identical" twins raised in the same family and economic and cultural circumstances. I also think it's important not to lump people together as if they weren't individuals, so I'd say it's just another form of energies and influences at work in their lives, that they'll share similarities, but they'll manifest those similarities in their individual ways.

Thanks for your post Nevada.

Maggiemay

I guess, the concept is the same for twins or octoplets ect...