PDA

View Full Version : Mars Conjunct Uranus

balenciaga
14-04-2009, 23:25
Anything we need to be prepared for here? Effective Wednesday, Apr. 15. I've read it is explosive energy that can bring the unexpected. Ugh. Sounds traumatic.

Seafra
14-04-2009, 23:49
"Mars Conjunct Uranus" sounds like something you'd say to someone you didn't like. Words you'd mutter to the IRS while you write that check with your last-minute filing. Like I will.

Just starting to tip a toe into the waters of Astrology. Is there something to this? It sounds AWful.

Maggiemay
14-04-2009, 23:56
Hi Balenciaga,

The conjunction will occur in my first house, and I've been wrestling with the idea of shaving my head since last night! ( I might just have the guts to do it tomorrow!...lol)

Seriously, as far as the mars/uranus contact, I think we went thru it worse a month ago or so... and saturn was in the mix at that point. So I am not too phased about it.

Personally, it's the on again off again venus pluto square that concerns me ... ( so many marital disputes ending up in blood baths these days....)

Regards,

Maggie :)

willowfox
15-04-2009, 02:02
Just don't hurry, especially if you drive, and becareful of "little" accidents, also be aware of your anger.

paradoxx
15-04-2009, 02:25
and venus too, in retrograde, reminding us how things are actually opearting behind the scenes. It's a loaded picses right now, and it seems as if ther eare agendas to keep it that way. Aries natals might be challenged to the point of hospitilization, Gemini's could be nerve wrecked to very inpolite behaviour, Virgo's might go into workaholic mode, Demanding Leo's know how to get things done but have to realize that these things happen to them too, like when mercury in Taurus cuts them loose.

BigLuna
15-04-2009, 04:35
Here are a couple of articles about the Uranus/Mars aspects from one of my personal favorites, Donna Cunningham:

http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/03/the-transiting-mars-uranus-conjunction-last-of-4/

http://skywriter.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/piracy-on-the-high-seas-and-the-pirates-among-us-the-transiting-mars-uranus-conjunction/

Both articles are quite interesting, and offer sound, simple advice about the transit.

She has a great interest in "outer planet" people, and seems to understand them very well.

Maggiemay
15-04-2009, 05:22
Armaggedon, anyone?!

LOL

BigLuna
15-04-2009, 08:24
Armageddon! Maggie!

The Mars/Uranus transit happens a lot because Mars moves on the speedy side, making a trip round the wheel every two years. Uranus hasn't been in Pisces in a long, long time. And Pisces is on the gentle side.

Throwing Saturn in the mix could make for a lot of angst, but please, not Armageddon. Not yet! I haven't even gotten my tax refund yet. :)

I'd look more to houses that the transits are occuring in to see where a little "over the top" activity might occur. And since we know it's a possibility, we can go ahead and prepare ourselves to remain calm...and breathe.

Maggiemay
15-04-2009, 08:31
LOL... ( I'm sure you know me by now : I EXAGGERATE everything!)

That being said, I'm having some plumbing problems in my kitchen...See where I'm going with that? plumbing...mars/uranus.... pisces.... I mean its either that or an 'entity' fooling around with the pipes!!! LOL

Ps: The articles about mars-uranus were really fun to read! ( especially the one about the kids with mars/uranus) - Thanks.

balenciaga
15-04-2009, 23:30
Thanks to you all for sharing your knowledge and for the provided link - I am going to read it now.
Let's hope we all make it through in one piece and report back tomorrow.:)

PS: I rescheduled some tasks meant for today and did them yesterday instead:)

canid
15-04-2009, 23:37
Would there be any special significance for someone with pisces rising, the moon in pisces & the sun in leo? I took an astrology class in '78 but haven't done anything with it since. Hmm, do I have time to take up another project?

Maggiemay
16-04-2009, 01:29
Hi Canid,

I'd be tempted to think that with a luminar involved, one would be more sensitive to the 'impact'.

Uranus in pisces could be so many things. Perhaps, will you experience an epiphany of some sort? or be extremely restless, or make a radical decision...

Just a thought!

Would there be any special significance for someone with pisces rising, the moon in pisces & the sun in leo? I took an astrology class in '78 but haven't done anything with it since. Hmm, do I have time to take up another project?

BigLuna
16-04-2009, 05:51
Hi, Canid.

The significance would be that Uranus conjuncts your Ascendant and your Moon and opposes your sun at some point during the Uranus transit of Pisces. Those are significant contacts. Uranus can indicate a desire for major change and we can be tempted to throw the baby out with the bath water.

What's the degree of your Pisces rising sign and Moon, and your sun in Leo?

canid
16-04-2009, 06:12
Hi, Canid.

The significance would be that Uranus conjuncts your Ascendant and your Moon and opposes your sun at some point during the Uranus transit of Pisces. Those are significant contacts. Uranus can indicate a desire for major change and we can be tempted to throw the baby out with the bath water.

What's the degree of your Pisces rising sign and Moon, and your sun in Leo?

Hey, thanks you two! I've got the Sun 4 degrees Leo, Moon 20 degrees Pisces, rising sign is 17 degrees Pisces. Does this explain why I always feel the need to please EVERYONE?

Oddly, today I did feel a need to 'change things' - I resurrected the novel I started last year & have been working furiously, with astounding (if I say so myself) results. Didn't dawn on me the possible significance until I read the posts. It's really a cool & unique story. Huh. Anything to watch for? Major depressions, accidents, etc?

BigLuna
16-04-2009, 07:05
Canid,

You must be old friends with my buddy, Uranus, by now. He's been keeping you company for quite a while.

I misspoke about Uranus opposing your Sun. Your sun is in Leo, so it's opposition occured when Uranus was in Aquarius. I apologize for that. Uranus opposed your Sun at 4Leo in late 1999 when it was at 4Aquarius. What happened then? If you didn't make any major changes then, you probably wanted to. There can be a sense of dissatisfaction with the way your life has gone (if you haven't lived the life you wanted), feeling unappreciated or that you just haven't expressed the "real" you. I don't know what your chart angles are, but Uranus squaring or contacting the IC can indicate a move.

Uranus hit your 17Pisces Ascendant in April 2007, and wobbled all around your Ascendant for about a year. Maybe you had an urge to change your appearance or the initial impression you make on people. You can feel hemmed in and want some personal freedom. Any health issues pop up? Break a toe out of carelessness, for example?

Conjuncting your Moon can bring a lot of emotion. Uranus has been hanging out with your Moon for about a year. You have a watery moon, so emotion is likely no stranger to do. Have you been sad?

There can be a real sense of urgency with Uranus transits. Your description of "working furiously" makes sense. Does the novel deal with emotional issues, or women/a woman? Is it in the sci-fi/mystical/fantasy genre by any chance?

(My eyes are not focusing well today, and my ephemeris is in oh, so tiny, print. I hope I picked those dates up correctly. If I didn't, someone correct me please.)

canid
16-04-2009, 08:23
Canid,

Uranus opposed your Sun at 4Leo in late 1999 when it was at 4Aquarius. What happened then? If you didn't make any major changes then, you probably wanted to. There can be a sense of dissatisfaction with the way your life has gone (if you haven't lived the life you wanted), feeling unappreciated or that you just haven't expressed the "real" you. I don't know what your chart angles are, but Uranus squaring or contacting the IC can indicate a move.

BIG move, BIG change in late 99, the actual move was in March 2000. Divorce after 13 years, & yes, I was dissatisfied; we went to counseling in '99 at my suggestion, then 6 months later we split. We had moved to Michigan 2 yrs prior because of his job (I quit my very lucrative position as art director at Roberts Express/FedEx Custom Critical) & then I moved back home to Ohio. My dad died, was in 2 car accidents, a good friend/mentor died, my Russian exchange student had to go back to Russia despite everyone's efforts to keep her here & in college (her parents wanted it too), it was endless the things that happened totally out of my control. And I wasn't just feeling unappreciated, I truly was unappreciated. But I am now too, I think it's my age/experience making me understand that being unappreciated is just a part of life. We're not necessarily put on this earth to be happy, but to grow, spiritually. Wow. I am seriously going to start studying astrology. At 52, I know I'll never be adept, but being a neophite is just fine with me.

Uranus hit your 17Pisces Ascendant in April 2007, and wobbled all around your Ascendant for about a year. Maybe you had an urge to change your appearance or the initial impression you make on people. You can feel hemmed in and want some personal freedom. Any health issues pop up? Break a toe out of carelessness, for example?

Irreversible kidney problems from lupus. Tendonitis in my wrist...

Conjuncting your Moon can bring a lot of emotion. Uranus has been hanging out with your Moon for about a year. You have a watery moon, so emotion is likely no stranger to do. Have you been sad?

Severely. Not depressed, sad. I keep trying to explain to people...no one understands. But often being happy brings tears.

There can be a real sense of urgency with Uranus transits. Your description of "working furiously" makes sense. Does the novel deal with emotional issues, or women/a woman? Is it in the sci-fi/mystical/fantasy genre by any chance?

Uh, sci-fi/mystical/fantasy pretty much fits the bill. Time travel theme.

(My eyes are not focusing well today, and my ephemeris is in oh, so tiny, print. I hope I picked those dates up correctly. If I didn't, someone correct me please.)

Oh, my, BigLuna, you've really opened my eyes & I sincerely thank you for your time. I just did a 3 card spread relating to subject & got The Sun, Justice & The Star (I've been doing a lot of 'what's my purpose for being here' spreads lately & have been feeling that my time's nearly complete here (NOT being morbid at all) & that's OK with me. In a nutshell, my interpretation of the spread is that this incarnation is coming to fruition, to light so to speak, my karma is nearly complete & I'm ready for long-term spiritual healing. I even told my BFF Lura last week (yes, even 52 year olds have BFFs) how I felt so she would be able to accept it more easily, ya know, in case I passed on. And that's not a normal topic of conversation for us.

OK, my education is officially starting now. Again, thanks.

BigLuna
16-04-2009, 09:00
Oh, Canid, I love your reading! So wonderful. The Star (Aquarius, Uranus's sign, which is your 12th house of the mysteries), the Sun (YOU), and Justice (Sagittarius; i.e., publishing, big words as opposed to Gemini's little words, novels as opposed to short stories, for example).

You may be ready to move out of this incarnation, but that doesn't mean you'll moving off the earth just yet. Spiritual healing brings a new "us" into being. It's not always easy, but I think it's so marvelous that you are making peace with that. It would do me good to follow your example.

I'm 56 and my BFF feels much the same as you about her time being limited. I doubt she talks about it to anyone but me, and I consider what it would be like not to have her. But, ultimately, we never really know, do we? I sincerely hope she's visiting my bedside when we're both too old to pull up our own drawers.

The sadness will pass. I understand how it's different from depression. Until it's gone, and it will go, find ways to get rid of the emotional buildup. When it seems like it's just too much, watch sad movies, listen to sad songs, sit with the sadness when you need to, and then one day, like a film you clean off a mirror, it will be gone. You will have processed it. Old emotions won't dissolve completely, they'll leave a mark. But the heaviness of the sadness will be gone.

You mentioned several things that are Venus/Libra related (kidneys, art director). Do you know much about that part of your chart?

Astrology is ridiculously complicated, and absolutely endless. My mind just shuts down periodically and I have to stay away from it for a while. Study what you like about it, and let the other things creep in on the sly. They will. You'll be in the grocery store maybe, and all of a sudden, you see an astrological prinicple right in front of you, and you finally "get it." Amazing! And you didn't even open a book. :)

canid
16-04-2009, 09:56
Oh, Canid, I love your reading! So wonderful. The Star (Aquarius, Uranus's sign, which is your 12th house of the mysteries), the Sun (YOU), and Justice (Sagittarius; i.e., publishing, big words as opposed to Gemini's little words, novels as opposed to short stories, for example).

You may be ready to move out of this incarnation, but that doesn't mean you'll moving off the earth just yet. Spiritual healing brings a new "us" into being. It's not always easy, but I think it's so marvelous that you are making peace with that. It would do me good to follow your example.

I'm 56 and my BFF feels much the same as you about her time being limited. I doubt she talks about it to anyone but me, and I consider what it would be like not to have her. But, ultimately, we never really know, do we? I sincerely hope she's visiting my bedside when we're both too old to pull up our own drawers.

The sadness will pass. I understand how it's different from depression. Until it's gone, and it will go, find ways to get rid of the emotional buildup. When it seems like it's just too much, watch sad movies, listen to sad songs, sit with the sadness when you need to, and then one day, like a film you clean off a mirror, it will be gone. You will have processed it. Old emotions won't dissolve completely, they'll leave a mark. But the heaviness of the sadness will be gone.

You mentioned several things that are Venus/Libra related (kidneys, art director). Do you know much about that part of your chart?

Astrology is ridiculously complicated, and absolutely endless. My mind just shuts down periodically and I have to stay away from it for a while. Study what you like about it, and let the other things creep in on the sly. They will. You'll be in the grocery store maybe, and all of a sudden, you see an astrological prinicple right in front of you, and you finally "get it." Amazing! And you didn't even open a book. :)

Well, I'm really not quote THAT ready to move on, it just seems like lately I'm being asked if I'm ready yet. I am, yet I'm not. I'm more worried about those left behind who would be sad. And have to clean up all my clutter.

I don't understand the significance of the Venus/Libra kidney, art relation, but I have Venus 25 degrees Gemini & Jupiter is 27 degrees Libra.

Yeah, it was odd that I got those 3 majors in a 3 card spread...

Oh, I also have Mars 22 degrees Pisces. I'm thinking this conjunction is just weird...

So, what do you do with astrology/tarot?

BigLuna
17-04-2009, 04:01
Hi, Canid.

"I don't understand the significance of the Venus/Libra kidney, art relation, but I have Venus 25 degrees Gemini & Jupiter is 27 degrees Libra."

Venus is the ruler of Libra, which is associated with the kidneys. Each part of the body has a planetary/sign ruler. Venus and Libra are associated with art. Since the kidney problem and your position as art director are such strong associations, I assumed that you must have Venus and or Libra very active in your chart. You mentioned Jupiter in Libra. Jupiter can be a strong career indicator. Of course, that's just picking out one long ranger in your chart. The chart as a whole has to be taken into consideration.

"So, what do you do with astrology/tarot?"

Just this. Visit forums and talk with people, try to learn more, and make some sense of it. Nothing professional.

Thank you for sharing your story, Canid. I learned a lot from you, and appreciate it very much.