PDA

View Full Version : Problem Amending Location in User CP

Amy Rizzlewitch
16-04-2009, 06:02
Hi!

I am a newbie finding my way around (and not usually a techno-phobe) but I am having a bit of trouble amending my location in my profile. Apologies if this has been posted before, but I haven't quite got the hang of "searching" yet. I have tried to keep this brief...

I have changed the Location field several times to United Kingdom, however, after saving and then returning back to my profile, it seems to default back to United States (and the field goes green?).

I thought it was just me (or a cookies setting on my pc) but it would appear that United States is visible to others in my profile.

I have clicked on User CP, then Edit Profile and then have entered United Kingdom in the Location field (and have also tried "Kent, UK") and then clicked on Save Changes. No green field at the moment, but, when I then clicked on Edit Profile again to see if it keeps the change, the change is there for 1-2 seconds but then changes back to "United States" and the field goes green again. What does a green field usually mean?

It's not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have my true location showing in my profile.

Alta
16-04-2009, 06:25
I see your location as United Kingdom. Do you still see United States?

Amy Rizzlewitch
16-04-2009, 06:38
I've just gone back to Edit Profile. It read "United Kingdom" for just a second and then changed itself back to "United States" and turned green again.

If you can see United Kingdom, I guess it must have finally saved it.

Thanks for having a look.