Is it true that SUN/URANUS opposition suggests hypocrisy?

Maggiemay

I have read that the opposition between the sun and uranus suggests a strong tendency towards hypocrisy.

I've read it in various places actually.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I mean: isn't the sun uranus axis considered a 'natural' opposition?

So, in your opinion, is the sun-uranus opposition a sign of hypocrisy? If yes, why?

Just asking...

Maggie :)

Minderwiz

Everyone at some time or another is guilty of hypocrisy, so No it isn't.

'Hypocrisy' is a term that's widely used without much attention to it's actual meaning:

As Samuel Johnson remarked in Rambler No. 14:

Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practise; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.

In other words it's not enough that someone acts in such a way that is opposite to his/her statements of proper behaviour, If I am a smoker and advise you not to smoke that is NOT hypocrisy. I might seriously want to give up but do not have the courage. If I tell people to give up smoking but go round telling others that it makes me feel so good and much better than if I didn't smoke then THAT is hypocrisy.

That's something of a digression but we need to know whether the term is being correctly used by those who claim the link and we also need to ask the question about whether only people with this signature are hypocrites. If not then it MAY be but there may be a better Astrological signature.

tigerlily

Well, I have an almost exact Sun-Uranus opposition and I like to think I'm not a hypocrite. And I really can't see from the planets' qualities how one can arrive at such a conclusion.

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
Everyone at some time or another is guilty of hypocrisy, so No it isn't.
LOL. I don't feel so 'lonely' anymore!

Minderwiz said:
Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practise; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory, as a man may be confident of the advantages of a voyage, or a journey, without having courage or industry to undertake it, and may honestly recommend to others, those attempts which he neglects himself.

Now.. I could identify with THAT! That resembles my sun-uranus opposition to a fault!

tigerlily said:
Well, I have an almost exact Sun-Uranus opposition and I like to think I'm not a hypocrite. And I really can't see from the planets' qualities how one can arrive at such a conclusion.

Me TOO! I also have a tight sun-uranus opposition and the 'hypocrisy' explanation has been bugging me since forever!

God knows I am OVERZEALOUS at times and usually bite more than I could chew but like Minderwiz says, hypocrisy is a big word!

I am also wondering why on earth, some astrologers would come up with something like that?

I mean why not sun-neptune for hypocrisy!

Magz :)