How to read Natal Charts...???

jrr01

How are they read? what exactly needs to be known? I know it bases itself with the 12 signs & 9 planets, but what else is there to it? Anyone care to explain? Thanks!!!

214red

i am starting to learn astrology, and its interesting, but its not something you can type here. you really need to try a book or a course, i tried numerous courses, until i gave up and joined a course and now its making alot of sense!

Cactus

Yeah, it's much easier if you research it because any explanation that someone might want to give here would not be anything near what you'd need for full understanding.

I'm saying that I doubt that anyone would want to explain in detail how to read a natal chart, let alone be able to do it without writing a book on this forum! :)

I am self-taught and still a beginner in reading charts. I've read months' worth of material and am only just now beginning to really understand how to basically read a natal chart. I've gone ahead and delved into progressions and transits and have a basic knowledge of them but I shouldn't have done that so early on in my learning.

There is SO much to learn within every aspect of astrology. Your best bet is to start small and research books on how to read charts. I have one called Art of Chart Interpretation by Tracy Marks. I've also researched the topic on the internet and printed out info.

I go over the same info over and over again and it gets easier to understand the more I read. Good luck!

Maggiemay

jrr01 said:
How are they read? what exactly needs to be known? I know it bases itself with the 12 signs & 9 planets, but what else is there to it? Anyone care to explain? Thanks!!!

Hi jrr01,

Here is a few things you might want to look at if you want to get a general picture :

- Look at the ascendant (rising sign at time of birth), the Nadir ( 4th house), the descendant (7th house) and the medium Coli ( the 10th house) : right there, you will get an overall 'feel' of the chart. Those 4 'points' tell you about the person's persona, their inner self, the way they project themselves to others and what their aspirations are.

- Then you need to look at where the planets are, what sign are they in, what house are they in, and what house each planet actually rules.

- And then, you need to look at aspects between the planets.

I actually asked the very same question a week ago! Here is the link in case you want to give a look.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=115947

Best regards,

Maggie :)

balenciaga

the lazy and incomplete way

I do not know how to read the "degrees" column - I see numbers and I go blank. :bugeyed: So I just concentrate on houses/signs/planets generally.:D

jrr01

Thank you all for your helpful advices. Im very intrested in learing how to read Natal Charts.

Maggiemay

jrr01 said:
Thank you all for your helpful advices. Im very intrested in learing how to read Natal Charts.

LOL! Then you've found the right forum just for that!

Maggie :)

tigerlily

Wasn't there a study group for this a few years back? Perhaps we could revive it/them. I'd be interested, provided it doesn't consist only of astrology newbies like me :) because where do we run for help with our charts? ;)

Cactus

balenciaga said:
I do not know how to read the "degrees" column - I see numbers and I go blank. :bugeyed: So I just concentrate on houses/signs/planets generally.:D

This is exactly me, also. Give me words, words, words (as I have 4 planets in Gemini!). Numbers are transparent, as far as I'm concerned. I see right through them. My astrology learning is much easier concentrating on words to describe the houses, signs and planets...

jrr01

What confuses me are all those numbers & different colot lines & ### degree angel... ugh