Tarot and seeing links in other academic studies...

romanticdreamz

I think this is the right forum as it's not quite card symbolism even though I do mention it.

I'm currently studying Honey and Mumford's learning styles as part of my Human Resource Development diploma and thought I'd share some thoughts as I immediatly thought of some Tarot cards while reading it:

---
Honey and Mumford, whose work has developed from Kolb’s Learning Cycle. Their classification of activists, reflectors, theorists and pragmatists flows from the insight that many people have preferences for particular
elements of Kolb’s cycle eg:

Learning style: Activist
Strengths: Open-minded, Enthusiastic, Gregarious
Areas for development:Always act first, Consider difficulties later

Learning style: Reflectors
Strengths: Assimilate ideas, Thoughtful and methodical, Good listening skills
Areas for development: Reluctant to participate, Cautious

Learning style: Theorists
Strengths: Logical, Rational, Objective, Disciplined
Areas for development: Low tolerance of chaos, Tendency towards perfectionism

Learning style: Pragmatists
Strengths: Like new ideas, Practical and realistic
Areas for development: Task oriented and like to get on with things, Not always testing options

---

I couldn't help but link the Fool with Activists, the Hermit with Reflectors, the Hierophant with Theorists and the Chariot with Pragmatists.

If anything, this may help with the studies and remembering one aspect about it. I'm so far behind!

nisaba

<grin> I do more than that - I'll say so-and-so is having a nine Swords day, or so-and-so went to work with a hangover but despite this they couldn't put a foot wrong and had a real Ace Pentacles day, or so-and-so is an unpleasant neighbour to have - they're always Three Swordsing me every time they say hello ...

Raindance

Hey, that's pretty good! On the other hand, all of those learning styles ("Theorists," "Reflectors," "Activists," and "Pragmatists") spells TRAP!

Ha!

Raindance

I agree with nisaba! Someone broke into my car and stole my radio but not the car itself. So, I was having a 5 of cups day.

Seafra

OH EM GEE I'm a Theorist and Hierophant is both my Soul and Personality card.

Good one!