Missing Tarot Cards

Cathy Hughes

Here is a question and a funny story. First the question: What do you do with decks that are missing tarot cards?

Funny story: I teach a tarot course at the Boston Center for Adult Education and I made photocopies the death card at Staples for an exercise I do. Well, darned if I didn't leave the death card sitting in that photocopier! I can only imagine the reaction of the next person who used it!!!

Thanks!
Cathy

cardlady22

Head over to the Tarot Trading forum & post which deck/card you need in the Lost and Found Singles Bar thread.

Did you call the copy center, just on the off chance that someone turned it in?

mary ventura

I have a fairly old 1JJ deck (pre-1974) given to me by a very, very dear friend before he passed away. It was missing 3 cards. Because it has great sentimental value, I decided to use it anyway so I went online and found scans of the 3 missing cards, printed them out, along with a scan of the card backs, and laminated them with matte laminate. They actually look pretty good. When laid out in a spread, you can't even tell which ones are "fake", although they feel different to the touch.

I lost a card from my Illuminated deck, so I did the same thing (printed one & laminated it) but also emailed the deck creator, and she had an extra card, so she mailed it to me. :)

If it was an easily replaceable deck, I'd probably just buy another deck.

Mary V

nisaba

mary ventura said:
If it was an easily replaceable deck, I'd probably just buy another deck.Mary V
But then you have 77 lovely bits of cardboard, which I STILL maintain are perfect for having some stickers made up with your contact details, applying those to the backs, and handing out as alternatives to business cards that people really like and keep for years.

There's been a thread about this very recently, probably still actually going.

Cathy Hughes

nisaba said:
There's been a thread about this very recently, probably still actually going.
I should have known this would have come up before! Thanks for the link!!!
-Cathy