Essay Your Angles

BigLuna

Ok, this might be a little strange.

Can you write a 2-3 sentence essay about yourself based on the signs ruling the angles of your chart, the IC-Asc-MC-DC?

I've been thinking about our discussion on planetary containments and thought this might be an interesting thing to do. If these points, the angles of the chart, are the most important, shouldn't they tell us an awful lot about ourselves? Couldn't we follow them around the chart to get a mini-portrait of ourselves that's quite accurate? This excludes all planets and deals only with signs.

I listed IC first, because it's "home base," essentially, and then moved clockwise around the chart, ending with the descendant.*

Here's mine by sign:

IC - Taurus
Asc - Aquarius
MC - Scorpio
DC - Leo

An attractive, loving, and secure environment (Taurus IC) supports expression of an open, welcoming, and friendly personality (Aquarian Ascendant). Though desiring anonymity in public (Scorpio MC), a great deal of attention is desired in intimate relationships (Leo DC).

If you have this same pattern to your chart, do you think this describes you? If you have the same pattern and don't think it describes you, will you write a couple of sentences that do?

Of course, you don't have to have Aquarius rising. I'd like to hear from everyone. (You can pm me if you don't want to post.)

Thanks!

*Of course I started with the IC. I'm a Cancer Sun with Moon on the IC. :) Where else but home?

MCsea

BigLuna said:
IC - Taurus
Asc - Aquarius
MC - Scorpio
DC - Leo

IC LEO
(Sabian Symbol: A bareback rider in a circus thrills excited crowds.)

Asc TAURUS
(Sabian Symbol: An old man attempting vainly to reveal the mysteries)

MC AQUARIUS
(Sabian Symbol: A big bear sitting down and waving all its paws.)

DC SCORPIO
(Sabian Symbol: A girl's face breaking into a smile)

giggles there must be something to this..

An exciting home/karmic environment can be exhausting (Leo IC) I am determined, diligent and I try hard (Taurus Ascendant). Though I seem care-feel multifaceted and out there in public (Aquarius MC), many things really touch my heart deeply (Scorpio DC).

thanks for this thread!

MARINA

BigLuna

Thanks, Marina!

Using the Sabian Symbols is an excellent idea.

Maggiemay

Great idea, tough assignment!

Here it goes :

Home base filled with lots of intellectual exchanges & scattered interests.
(IC Gemini)

promotes an elusive, dreamy, fantasized & hard to pin down persona.
(ASC Pisces)

aspiring to live up to an ideal.
(MC Sagittarius)

seeking intelligent & discerning partners
(DC Virgo)

How is that for a personal add? LOL

Happy New Moon BigLuna,

Maggie :)

Edited : shorten info

le.jour.obscurcit

I'm not really sure how I'd write this out.
Would someone mind giving me a hand?

Here are my angles:

IC - Aquarius
ASC - Sagittarius (/Scorpio)
MC - Leo
DSC - Gemini

*EDIT*

Decided I'll have a go with my basic knowledge of Astrology;

My home and upbringing was quite different from the "norm" and with it came original and 'revolutionary' (well not so much to that extreme of a word) ideals and outlooks. (Aquarius IC)
I have an outgoing and lively persona, yet [along with my also present Scorpio qualities] I am also reserved and perceptive, give off an aura too intense for some. (Sag(/Scorp) ASC)
I aspire to be creative and a bold leader, perhaps being too dominating and expecting respect and authority unfairly?? My goal is to be a loyal and caring person, yet courgeous and in work/career as well. (Leo MC)
I seek out, and am attracted to social people, who are mentally stimulating; sharing thoughts, opinions and discussing whatever and wherever. I also enjoy discussing a bit of gossip here and there too. (Gemini DSC)

Maggiemay

le.jour.obscurcit said:
I'm not really sure how I'd write this out.
Would someone mind giving me a hand?

Here are my angles:

IC - Aquarius
ASC - Sagittarius
MC - Leo
DSC - Gemini

Hi!

IC Aquarius : Something about your home was very unusual or original.

ASC Sagittarius : You have a positive, buoyant and charismatic persona.

MC Leo : You aspire to be the greatest person you can be. You want respect and seek to be honor worthy.

DC Gemini: I'm guessing here... You probably love to be with people, you enjoy social people that are always bustling with something new to talk about.

Hope it helped a little.

Welcome to the forum!

le.jour.obscurcit

Maggiemay said:
Hi!

IC Aquarius : Something about your home was very unusual or original.

ASC Sagittarius : You have a positive, buoyant and charismatic persona.

MC Leo : You aspire to be the greatest person you can be. You want respect and seek to be honor worthy.

DC Gemini: I'm guessing here... You probably love to be with people, you enjoy social people that are always bustling with something new to talk about.

Hope it helped a little.

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you!

Your interpretation fits me very well. (Y)

BigLuna

Maggiemay said:
Home base filled with lots of intellectual exchanges & scattered interests.
(IC Gemini) Fact : curious about everything. Broken home. My father is a very restless Aquarian hence the frequent movings.How is that for a personal add? LOL

Happy New Moon BigLuna,

Happy New Moon to you, too, Maggie. Love your ad!

How about this -- using only the signs -- nothing else. For example, we wouldn't know from a Gemini IC that you were from a broken home.

Versatility and rapid intellectual exchange (Gemini IC) forms the foundation for a a sensitive and empathetic personality (Pisces rising). While considered bubbly, funny, outgoing, and popular in public (Sag MC), there is more discrimination in one-on-one relationships which require care and a meeting of the minds (Virgo DC).

BigLuna

le.jour.obscurcit said:
I'm not really sure how I'd write this out. Decided I'll have a go with my basic knowledge of Astrology;

Hi, le.jour.obscurcit

That was great!! You didn't seem to have a problem, at all.

BigLuna

Marina,

MCsea said:
MC AQUARIUS
(Sabian Symbol: A big bear sitting down and waving all its paws.)

DC SCORPIO
(Sabian Symbol: A girl's face breaking into a smile)

giggles there must be something to this..

An exciting home/karmic environment can be exhausting (Leo IC) I am determined, diligent and I try hard (Taurus Ascendant). Though I seem care-feel multifaceted and out there in public (Aquarius MC), many things really touch my heart deeply (Scorpio DC).

I've been thinking about your post some more. I love that bear waving its paws.

With the Scorpio descendant and the sabian symbol, could your description read:

"Though I seem carefree, multifacted and out there in public,
I a deep and somewhat mysterious connection o my intimate partners"?

Or is that not right? Let me know if that's off.