Owning a single card without the rest of the deck?

romanticdreamz

This is a strange question but does anyone out there have random tarot cards without owning the entire deck? Or if the deck is destroyed or damaged but you've only kept a few cards for mementos...

The reason why I've asked is that I'm curious in finding one or two cards that I love and framing them and hanging them on the wall just because I think they look pretty. I found a shop who has made greeting cards with nothing but an origional vintage playing card on the front of it. I've bought one and thinking I may do the same with a tarot card or two over time.

Storm82

Im planning framing some artwork with tarot cards, so Im looking for some cards also

what cards are you searching for ?

romanticdreamz

Nothing is particular actually! Which sounds strange I know considering the question. I recall some cards in the past which I've seen (can't remember which ones now) which have stood out to me and grabbed my attention though from the majors and minors.

I think I like the surprise aspect of it all. Like posting this up and then seeing what may come up and then stumbling across something which says "put me up for all the world to see" without looking for anything in particular at the time.

gregory

WELL - if you buy from tarotchest, she always puts a couple of cards in the package - I have maybe a dozen of them !

Le Fanu

gregory said:
WELL - if you buy from tarotchest, she always puts a couple of cards in the package - I have maybe a dozen of them !

I know and I keep getting cards from the Radiant :( I also have a Tarocchi Neoclassico Hermit propped up in a cabinet. I got a faulty card from the Meneghello deck and alida sent me a replacement, and I have the faulty one (misprinted back) propped up and see it whenever Im in the lounge. I like it there. Ive thought of framing it...

nisaba

I never really got on with the Aquarian, even though it was one of my first decks (maybe number two or three), and in tme I lost a few cards. So I mounted the ones I liked out of the rest of the deck. It wasn't all that many, but it was nice to see them around.

romanticdreamz

Thanks for the replies and the links. Will check them out for sure!

firecatpickles

Once I had ordered a replacement 6 of Cups from USG for a gifted deck that I lost (the card, not the deck). Later, the original 6 of Cups reappeared in the deck after having counted the cards several times. I framed the 6 of Cups.

Onyx

I recieved a small thoth deck from e-bay that was missing a couple of cards. Got a refund but was allowed to keep the deck. I trimmed it and then left a couple of cards in public places.

I keep the Two of Discs in my wallet. It is one of the most beautiful cards in the deck and I always need a reminder to be open and welcoming to harmonious change.

Onyx.