What have you learned from your personal squares?

Maggiemay

Hey everyone!

I would love to hear your personal perspectives on your own squares and what it has taught you as opposed to reading the usual textbook explanation.

Here is one of mine:

I have a square aspect from Saturn to Venus. ( I know : OUCH!!)

Because of this aspect, I have a strong tendency to sabotage anything pertaining to Love. It's also made me rather difficult to please and somewhat intolerant. (Thank God its not the only aspect in my chart, lol)

I learned from this square that Love is born out of its own accord and cannot be forced. I also learned that, for Love to grow, it needs patience & dedication. But above all, Love means to accept and to forgive.

I had no concept of that while growing up (even if my parents are both affectionate towards me) I just could not (repeat : could NOT) comprehend it for the life of me. The concept was so foreign to my mind that it could literally be compared to being in the twilight zone! :(

Incidently, I am the only one in my family with this aspect ( that includes both parents, brother, sisters, uncles , aunts, nieces, nephews & grandparents) Geez! I guess I'm the lucky winner! Aren't I? LOL

There are still some stuff I struggle with, for example, I'm sure Love needs 'commitment' too but I am not there yet! LOL

What did you learn from your squares?

Please, don't be shy : go ahead and share! We're here to learn!

Regards,

Maggie :)

Sophie

My natal Sun and Moon square each other within 13 minutes. Sun in Pisces 11th House, Moon in Sagittarius 7th House.

What I've learnt from that... it's a work in progress. The Moon is getting a fair amount of the sun's light - a square is not all tension and pain! - which gives it optimism and emotions that will lift themselves out of the dumps more easily than otherwise. By virtue of its Jupiterian outlook and its mutual reception with Jupiter, the moon already has a certain joie-de-vivre. The moon reflects the sun, so whatever the Sun is going through, the Moon reflects, and the square makes it stronger - whether that is positive or negative. My Pisces Sun is also Jupiterian, so they share a ruler, which helps overcome some of the tensions of the square.

One downside of the square is the tension between head and heart, made worse by a square between the moon and mercury, which is combust, retrograde, in detriment and fall and generally in a pretty poor shape. I would say that is the square that weighs the most on me. It causes me to shoot my mouth of off emotionally far too often, and then regret it. I'm afraid that though I realise it, I've not yet learnt to curb that tendency as fully as I would like.

I'd say my sun-moon square gives me stability, whereas my moon-mercury square gives me instability.

214red

i havent got that far yet, but getting there!
I have just learnt that having your sun in the fourth house explains my erratic and conflict filled relationship with my father, and the urge to leave the family to find my own identity.

i do a venus and relationships workshop soon so perhaps it will tell me why i am attracted to arian men!

BigLuna

I was thinking about this idea just this morning. My thoughts were along the same lines as Maggie's question about what I've learned from astrology in general.

When I've encountered difficulties in life, can I really say that my knowledge of astrology helped me to do the "better" thing or make a "better" choice, to grow past a deficit in my character?

As rough transits plays out, have I relied on astrology to lead me? Or is it more of an "Uh, oh! Here comes trouble" reaction, without any behavioral change on my part? I don't think I've been as good a student as I would like to be.

I understand your statement, Fudugazi, about learning not shoot off your mouth. I have that same problem, along with a Moon/Merc square like you. It's learning about when to use it as a tool as opposed to a weapon. I'm still working on it, but don't always have the control I would like. I have learned that I can use those words to heal and they are just as powerful, if not more so, when used like that. And I have a head/heart problem, too. Keeps me confused about a lot of things. My Merc is conjunct Pluto, and they are in the same degree.

Maggiemay

Fudugazi said:
My natal Sun and Moon square each other within 13 minutes. One downside of the square is the tension between head and heart, made worse by a square between the moon and mercury (...) I would say that is the square that weighs the most on me. It causes me to shoot my mouth of off emotionally far too often, and then regret it. I'm afraid that though I realise it, I've not yet learnt to curb that tendency as fully as I would like.
I see. I was not familiar with these aspects, so it's great that you shared it with me.
Your Sun/Moon square is making me think of the tarot card: The Lovers, as if you were in a constant tug of war or turmoil between your heart and your head.
You know what? I didn't realize that Moon/mercury square aspects were such a problem. I thought it meant people were chatterboxes at worse!

Thank you for enlightening me on the subject.

Maggiemay

214red said:
I have just learnt that having your sun in the fourth house explains my erratic and conflict filled relationship with my father, and the urge to leave the family to find my own identity.
I'd love to explore this further with you. I practically never look at my 4th house... :)

214red said:
i do a venus and relationships workshop soon so perhaps it will tell me why i am attracted to arian men!
Great! You'll have to post a thread on the subject and keep us updated! LOL
Do you happen to have Sun, Moon, Venus or Mars in Aries?? Or is your Sun conjunct Mars?

Best regards,

Maggiemay

BigLuna said:
My thoughts were along the same lines as Maggie's question about what I've learned from astrology in general.
Hehehe... must have picked up your thoughts! LOL

BigLuna said:
When I've encountered difficulties in life, can I really say that my knowledge of astrology helped me to do the "better" thing or make a "better" choice, to grow past a deficit in my character?
Great question. Personally, I will say 'yes' - absolutely. Astrology has brought me more than psychology ever could. :)

BigLuna said:
I understand your statement, Fudugazi, about learning not shoot off your mouth. I have that same problem, along with a Moon/Merc square like you. It's learning about when to use it as a tool as opposed to a weapon. I'm still working on it, but don't always have the control I would like. I have learned that I can use those words to heal and they are just as powerful, if not more so, when used like that. And I have a head/heart problem, too. Keeps me confused about a lot of things.
Wow.

BigLuna said:
My Merc is conjunct Pluto,(..)

LOL... Now I understand!!!! lol

Thank you so much for your post.

Sophie

Maggiemay said:
You know what? I didn't realize that Moon/mercury square aspects were such a problem. I thought it meant people were chatterboxes at worse!
Well, that can be the case. But when one of the two planets in the square is in a bad state (like my Mercury), the stress is much greater. If I do the "point scoring" of my Mercury based on the essential and accidental dignities and debilities, it stands at -14 !!! :eek: - in other words, it has practically nothing BUT debilities (ha! in French that would mean idiocy as well :D)

But Big Luna is right - that aspect can also bring healing words with it. I've always had them, but now, in my early middle age, I am learning (not nearly fast enough!) to replace my emotional motormouth with my empathic one :)

Maggiemay

Fudugazi,

You know how I always write to you : 'You're a crack up' or 'God, you're funny' ?

Well, I think it comes from those aspects. I couldn't imagine you without it!LOL

Kindly,

Maggie:)