Pulling Teeth

bigcaat

I had a really rough reading today. To give you an idea of what I was up against, she was on her cell phone, driving, as I was reading, walking into her house, turning off her alarm system, yelling at the dogs, clattering dishes, gee, I wonder why I had to work so hard to tune into her.

But I did tune in, and to make matters worse, she was one of those, "No." "No." "No" people, when I knew I was hitting.

IOW, I asked,
"Are you going into some kind of new business venture or something? I see some sort of new venture on the horizon."

"No."

"Nothing career related on the horizon?"

"Well, one of my concerns was that I am starting a new position next week and am curious how it will work out."

Hello? Can y'work with me here?

But the bigger problem was that I was seeing that she was a person who had this very public side of herself and very private side of herself -- the type of thing she almost keeps from herself. She was so defensive about it, "no, no, no" and then she would practically repeat what I had just told her as the way it "really was." Is it any wonder I had such a hard time connecting psychically? If she walls herself off from everyone and everything, she doesn't give me much room to step inside.

Whoo. It was tough. But I did it. Earned my money, but I did it. ;)

Caat

celticnoodle

good for you bigcaat! i've had clients like that too, and I guess everyone gets them at one time or another. but when it is over and you know you hit some facts, doesn't really make you feel great?! :)

congrats again.

Sinduction

Oh I hate those!

There are so many times I think to myself, "Wasn't that what I just said?" lol.

Let's hope she got what she needed from the reading. :D It certainly sounds like you delivered it.

starrystarrynight

Why are some clients so dense or unable (unwilling?) to see the big picture?

I had one the other day, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: It looks like one of the bigger issues you are facing is some physical plane problem with your husband? Like a financial or health issue?

Client: No, nothing like that.

Me: I'm seeing a strong male energy here.

Client: Well, I'm not married.

Me: No boyfriend in the picture?

Client: Just the guy I'm living with. We used to date but now we just live together. He just had a triple bypass and he's out of work at the moment.

Duh!

I think some people expect readers to be pin-point precise and cannot allow for any kind of metaphorical explanation. It makes it pretty difficult sometimes, even if you try to insert some elasticity in your words.

Oh well...

bigcaat

Thanks, noodle, for the positive spin. :)

--

I hope so, too, sind. Yes, those are the kind who need to hear it the most but you fear it's just gone in one ear and out the other.

--

Client: Just the guy I'm living with. We used to date but now we just live together. He just had a triple bypass and he's out of work at the moment.

Duh!

I think some people expect readers to be pin-point precise and cannot allow for any kind of metaphorical explanation. It makes it pretty difficult sometimes, even if you try to insert some elasticity in your words.

Sheesh!

I agree. Not only do some expect us to be pinpoint precise, I think a lot are just looking for what they want to hear rather than what they *need* to hear. ie: "When am I going to find a boyfriend?" type of thing. Rather than, "Oh, I get it. If I allow myself to be more open to people and myself, I *will* find a boyfriend." Fortunately, the latter is the majority of my clients and the former is the minority. :)

Caat

blackroseivy

Ahhhhh, NOW I get it! ;)

The store-owner that has my brochures - & so far, not 1 single bloody appointment since I did her 25th anniversary party - was one like this. She kept saying things like, "Yeah, but that isn't telling me what I need to KNOW" like I had to get tomorrow's newspaper headlines out for her in b&w - tomorrow's WEATHER FORECAST she could accept, but not what I was coming up with in readings!! ><

Well.

I've decided since that I really don't like her much - she is one of these "energy-workers" & you'd think she'd know better than this, a; b, she is as I believe, letting my brochures languish & sucking up every bit of on-the-side biz (the main one is a florist's) for herself. Hmm... Interesting, no?

ETA - Oh & ot, bc, bully for you because you EARNED that $$$!! ;)

bellathebrave123

blackroseivy said:
Ahhhhh, NOW I get it! ;)

The store-owner that has my brochures - & so far, not 1 single bloody appointment since I did her 25th anniversary party - was one like this. She kept saying things like, "Yeah, but that isn't telling me what I need to KNOW" like I had to get tomorrow's newspaper headlines out for her in b&w - tomorrow's WEATHER FORECAST she could accept, but not what I was coming up with in readings!! ><

Well.

I've decided since that I really don't like her much - she is one of these "energy-workers" & you'd think she'd know better than this, a; b, she is as I believe, letting my brochures languish & sucking up every bit of on-the-side biz (the main one is a florist's) for herself. Hmm... Interesting, no?

ETA - Oh & ot, bc, bully for you because you EARNED that $$$!! ;)

Sounds to me like she might be trying to do a little bit of her "energy work" on you ! and Im not talking about the positive kind.

Seafra

Reminds me of the woman I read for that talks without benefit of any self-analysis.

"Talk too much? I don't talk too much. I can't understand why anyone would think that I talk too much. All I'm trying to do is get people to understand where I'm coming from. How can they understand where I'm coming from if I don't tell them? They are too stupid to figure it out for themselves so I have to spell it out for them. I can't believe they are so stupid that they can't figure things out for themselves. It would be so simple if they would just sit down and think about it for a second. But can they? No. They need me to tell them how to think because they can't think for themselves. Every job I've had I've worked with people who have no ability to think for themselves so I am constantly telling them how to think because they have no idea how to think on their own. ..... "

Her readings are full of swords.

Nevada

She called you for a reading while she was driving? Maybe that was the first clue. ;)

bigcaat

Nevada said:
She called you for a reading while she was driving? Maybe that was the first clue. ;)
No. She gave me her number, (I use Google Voice, so there's no charge) it sounded like a cell phone as she was driving at first, but I wasn't sure - mostly because I couldn't fathom someone would do that. ;) When her alarm went off as she was walking into the house, it confirmed it for me.