Does tarot open up your mind?

Lady Orchard

Hi all

I haven't posted here for nearly 2 years, mainly because for that time I haven't really being using my cards! I'm not sure why I went so long without touching them.

Anyway, over the past couple of months or so I have started reading again, & what I have noticed is that my instances of telepathy with others have gone through the roof, as well as experiencing quite a few synchronicities as well.
I didn't notice these things decreasing when I stopped using tarot, but I have definitely noticed them come back!!

Has anybody else found this? It's as if when you are using tarot, you are somehow opening your mind up...anybody got ideas on why this is, how this works?!

Le Fanu

I didn't mean this to happen, but since I started using tarot cards again, my intuition and hunches are proving invaluable. Even my colleagues at work are noticing when I attribute things to intuition and they've started listening to me! Im not sure how it happens, it is almost is if rather than improving my intuition, tarot has made me listen to it, believe in it and heed!

nisaba

Intuition is like brains, or muscles.

We're all born with some of each of those things, but with different genetic potential.

Then, they all get stronger with exercise. So, simplistically, if you round the oval every day, you gat faster and stronger. If you read books and argue logically with people, you get smarter. If you trust your hunches and act on them, they get better.

If a tool like Tarot helps you exercise your intuition in the same way that a home gym helps you exercise your muscles, if course it will get stronger.

2_Journey

I stopped using tarot almost completely for a couple of years, and I remember those years as ones where I could have used the possibilities that tarot shows me, and I could have used the mind-expanding ability that tarot seems to foster. I started using tarot at about the time I joined AT.

There was deffinately a boyfriend in there that I could have dropped MONTHS sooner than I did if I had just listened to my intuition.

Now I'm reading tarot again, and the world seems like it's opening up to me. I love it!

The next step is trying to read for other people, which I haven't done since my break from tarot. I've joined a couple of reading circles here, and I'm looking forward to seeing how I do with those.

Seafra

I've put my cards down for years at a time because using the cards opened up 'channels' that I wasn't comfortable having opened at the time.

Got no clue as to the 'how' but it makes sense to me that things should work this way. You have to use a different awareness when doing readings than when you are just going about your day, your life. At least that is true for me. For me it isn't just intuition; intuition is too confined a term for what I experience but this 'awareness' does include intuition.

I become 'higher performing' in general and tend to hold myself to higher standards to match such a rise. Become more authentic?

Blech. I hate when words fail me as they are now.

MistressNatasha

Yep!

Back in December (I believe after a short period of not reading and then picking it back up again) I found my Clairaudience! It's been chillin' ever since. I just wish I could understand the voices (but I'm working on it)!

Wow. I sure I sound totally sane. *Rolls Eyes* Yeah, I don't know why I said "chillin'" but I suppose it's from hearing my friend say it about a dozen times in forty-five minutes. O_O

Umbrae

Does tarot open up your mind?

I believe, that one has to be willing to have an open mind in the first place - then yes.

However, I also believe there are those, who even though they use Tarot and other spiritual tools for years, are unwilling to open their minds to other points of view.

We are surrounded by the latter types. And sometimes it's difficult to open our hearts and minds, amoung the clatter.

sillyking

The same thing happens to me. The cards open me up and everything from hunches to empathy and telepathy are so much stronger.

Nevada

nisaba said:
Intuition is like brains, or muscles.

We're all born with some of each of those things, but with different genetic potential.

Then, they all get stronger with exercise. So, simplistically, if you round the oval every day, you gat faster and stronger. If you read books and argue logically with people, you get smarter. If you trust your hunches and act on them, they get better.

If a tool like Tarot helps you exercise your intuition in the same way that a home gym helps you exercise your muscles, if course it will get stronger.
I think nisaba has it. It's like exercise. Tarot use also tends to indicate that we want to be more intuitive, so we're paying more attention. It's like cooking and food. When you eat on the run and you don't have time to cook, you may not pay that much attention to the food you eat. But if you decide you want to learn to make a certain dish, or make it better, all of a sudden you find yourself paying attention to every version of that dish you encounter, good or bad, to see what others have done and to figure out what you're looking for in yours. It opens that whole channel of thought up, including your attention.

Grizabella

I don't agree with the person who said we're wanting to be psychic when we use the cards. I didn't want that, myself and I'm sure there are others who feel the same. I've "known" things other people didn't for years and years but I didn't start using the cards to try to increase that ability. The ability has increased a lot, though. When I first started, I was still on the fringes of fundamentalist Christian beliefs and hadn't totally broken free of that yet. I was afraid of anything "psychic" happening to me. The "knowing" I attributed to spirituality, I guess. Or something. :p Now, nine or ten years on, I'm just accepting of it. I'm not afraid of it anymore.