How to discribe a person through tarot?

jrr01

How can the cards discribe a person through tarot? what cards give certain features and details?

crabpixie

jrr01 said:
How can the cards discribe a person through tarot? what cards give certain features and details?

Usually the court cards, for example the king of cups, he is usually fair haired, male, although very loving and emotional he keeps them in balance and some what guarded.

The page of cups can represent a young male or female, often a water sign like pisces, usually brown haired and so on... :heart:

shadowdancer

quite a good question in a way. Is it a card that can describe someone or is it where it appears and the spread you use? Possibly both can apply. I know court cards have already been mentioned, and they are a good starter for 10. Got be be careful with them though when describing physical attributes, particularly if the female (or male come to that) is like me and changes their hair colour with regularity!! :)
Many years ago when I was taught the tarot, my mentor showed me a spread he had used for years. His belief was, if he described the sitter fairly and accurately with this spread, it bode well for the main reading. If he was ever inaccurate, he would offer to suspend the reading there and then with no cost or comeback to the sitter. In effect it was a litmus test and set the scene for what was to follow, as well as being an indication as to how well he was tuned for that reading etc.

I have used it many, many times since, and if I am reading for someone for the first time it is always offered as an opener. There are variations on this I am sure, but it has been one that helps me understand the sitter before then looking at how their personality or traits may have a bearing on the main reading.

I describe a person's personality through using a 7 card spread as follows:

card 1 - how they come across to people outside their close circle. (l.e. colleagues, acquaintances etc).

card 2 - their main energy within a relationship, or what is happening with their relationship

card 3 - what they are feeling or showing emotionally at this time

4 - what they want from life in general, what would make them happy

5 - how people would describe them who are close to them (i.e. family, close friends)

6 - where they are now

7 - spiritual outlook

I have written a variation of this which includes personality traits in more detail, but this one is the one I come back to - it has worked for 12 years now, so tend to stick with it I guess

nisaba

To me, a person's physical appearance is only a label, like their name, so that you can tell them apart from other people at a glance.

What is important about people is that character, after all, remember that famous speech?

Martin Luther-king, wasn't it?

Dreaming of a day when people would "be judged NOT by their ... skins but by the contents of their character"? Character is far more important than how someone looks, which really only is an identifying device. You might *lust* after someone's appearance, but you never truly *love* them for their appearance - you love them for their character.

The Court Cards have a LOT to say about character. In fact, they even have hints that appearance is totally superficial: the earliest decks including hte vcarious Visconti-Sforzas, all have almost identically loking court card faces: four round-faced blonde youths for the Pages, four blonde youths for the Knights, four round-faced blonde women for the Queens, four rather boyish blonde men for the Kings. It's as if the deck itself id saying "appearances don't matter!" In case you're wondering about the artist's limitations, there are a much, much wider range of faces (if not hair) in the Majors.

The cards give features and characteristics, all right, they just don't give physical despriptions. After all, if you were (and some of us are) in a predominantly Asian-populated area, wouldn't blondes and redheads be thin on the ground? But people would still be totally diverse as individuals.