PDA

View Full Version : Are you emulating your ascendant more & more?

Maggiemay
05-05-2009, 06:46
About the Ascendant :

Some say that as we grow older, we emulate more and more the characteristics of our Ascendant whereas others say that, au contraire (throw a little french in there!) people, needing less and less the 'mask' of the ascendant, will tend to embody more and more their Sun sign.

So which is it? The Ascendant or the Sun Sign?

Personally, I can't quite figure out which way I'm going, but then again I'm a Pisces Ascendant! LOL

What about you?

Maggie :)

Marcia959
05-05-2009, 08:15
I have to agree with you, Maggie, but maybe it is just that we Pisces Ascendants are on the upswing? I'm an Aries, Pisces rising. I have to say I was much more fiery, hot headed, impulsive and (of course) always right in my youth. I haven't exactly gone "fishy-washy" in my maturity but maybe the natural process of aging has helped me control the ram and embrace the fish a bit. It does sort of feel like I'm just one sign off from the rest of the universe sometimes, but I like to embrace that difference in point of view.

balenciaga
05-05-2009, 08:35
I think age :) has a lot to do with embracing both the traits of the ascendant and the sun sign. Age has a way of tempering extremes and allowing a bit of everything, at least that is how I feel about it. Nothing set in stone anymore, no more absolutes.

Maggiemay
05-05-2009, 09:02
I'm an Aries, Pisces rising. I have to say I was much more fiery, hot headed, impulsive and (of course) always right in my youth. I haven't exactly gone "fishy-washy" in my maturity but maybe the natural process of aging has helped me control the ram and embrace the fish a bit.

It's very interesting that you should mention this. I have the Moon + Venus in Aries and I sometime think that it overshadows any shred of Pisces Ascendant I may have!

I think age :) has a lot to do with embracing both the traits of the ascendant and the sun sign. Age has a way of tempering extremes and allowing a bit of everything, at least that is how I feel about it. Nothing set in stone anymore, no more absolutes.

Yes, I agree.

My mother has a Capricorn sun with a Sagittarius Ascendant, and I find that as she grows older, she has achieved a very nice balance between those 2 signs. I love it!

BTW, I hope you had a fantastic Venus/pluto week end! :)

starless
05-05-2009, 12:48
I have Aries sun, and the people who know me well say I'm an Aries to a T, yet the people that don't know me very well I feel see the Aquarius rising. That's the mask alright. I usually will present myself as a bit...quiet and aloof. But when spoken to am very chatty, and I think most people view me as intelligent (well, at least I'd like to think that haha). I can see that I'm definitely becoming more of my rising, as humanitarian issues/helping others are becoming a central focus to me. Lately, I've also been trying to contain the rather negative characteristics of my sun sign.

Minderwiz
05-05-2009, 19:58
We do change during our lives. However the Sun Sign/Ascendant dichotomy is too simplistic.

To use an analogy, suppose you are intending to travel from Paris to Rome. You have a photo of your departure site in Paris and a map. Once you are on your journey and ask 'Where am I?' looking at your photo of Paris is of little help. Instead you consult your map based on your departure point and if you're very sophisticated, you consult that modern oracle, the GPS.

Now think of your natal chart as roughly the equivalent of the photo of Paris and the road map. (It's analogous NOT identical) You need an equivalent of the GPS, and that's where other charts such as Solar Returns, Secondary Progressions come in.

Taking Secondary Progressions as an example, your Sun moves at approximately one degree each year. So on average most people will find their Sun in the next sign by the time they are 16, and eveyone will have their Sun in the next sign by the time they are in their early thirties.

There's some debate about whether the balance between natal Sun and Progressed Sun but general agreement that the Progressed Sun affects the way in which the Sun expresses itself in our lives.

In the same way the Ascendant also Progresses through the signs, again there are several ways of calculating the rate of progression and the obvious debate about how the change of sign affects our natal Ascendant.

Now I was born with Sun in the last degree of Libra, by the time I was three months old my secondary progressed Sun was at 0 degrees Scorpio and currently its 1 degree Capricorn. So I have a meld of Libra base with over layers of Scorpio, Sagittarius and Capricorn. I could debate how relevant Scorpio and Sagittarius are to me now, but I have at least had those as phases.

If I look at my directed Ascendant, I find it's in Libra - (and with Saturn in exaltation conjunct the directed Ascendant).

We don't so much grow from Sun to Ascendant as find that both 'grow' over our lives and take on new subtleties. For much of our work we don't try and disentangle this change, as we would end up with far too many charts to handle. What we do is to use the natal, progressed and Return charts for a particular period we're interested in.

Fire Cat
05-05-2009, 20:19
I thought that the ascendant shows how we are perceived by other people. Or is that where your moon is? I get confused, since my moon and ascendant are the same sign.

ana luisa
05-05-2009, 21:02
In my experience, the ascendant does become stronger with age. I am a Libra with an ascendant in Cancer. I've been giving up the "balance" thing and becoming more and more like the "crab" people. Weird...

Sophie
05-05-2009, 21:07
The Ascendant has a lot to say about how we operate in the world as well as how we are perceived - that's because its ruler plays a central role in our natal charts. So if your Ascendant is Pisces, then Jupiter is its ruler, and where Jupiter is placed in the chart, and in what state it is, is important throughout your life, either as a challenge or as a help.

For instance, my Ascendant is in Gemini. Its ruler is Mercury, which is my case is in the 11th house, in detriment and fall (in Pisces), and combust (too close to the sun) as well as retrograde. So in a poor state. Mercury is a challenge to me - and because it rules my Ascendant, it is a challenge that carries through right into how I come across to others and how I position myself in the world, operate in it, fail or succeed in it.

As I grow older, I "manage" it better - but if you see my other thread (on weaknesses) you will see it IS a challenge. And I can't just drop it, it doesn't go away - I have to face it.

I think we grow more into all parts of our charts as we grow older, and also, we start to see where we've failed to take opportunities, or allowed weaknesses to prevail; but also where we've strengthened some positives.

Minderwiz
05-05-2009, 21:08
I thought that the ascendant shows how we are perceived by other people. Or is that where your moon is? I get confused, since my moon and ascendant are the same sign.

Well the modern view is that it's the way (the 'mask') you project to others and therefore it is how others see you.

More traditionally the Ascendant and first House describes you physically, in that concrete sense it's literally how others see you. Your 'psychology' is shown by your temperament which has a large dose of the Ascendant in it.

214red
05-05-2009, 22:39
interesting!

I am Cancer, taurus Asc but most people would say if they had to guess that i am leo. I have venus, mercury, and saturn are all leo. although the food part of taurus people always would identify with me, but they would never say cancer unless they were my family

balenciaga
05-05-2009, 23:02
BTW, I hope you had a fantastic Venus/pluto week end

Ugh, don't mention it! Thanks for asking:)

Maggiemay
06-05-2009, 05:10
I could debate how relevant Scorpio and Sagittarius are to me now, but I have at least had those as phases.

I'm surprised. Aren't you supposed to have a keen affinity with Scorpio since you have 3 planets there already? Or does this have nothing to do with it?

That being said, Thank you soo much for your explanation on this thread. You have greatly broadened my understanding.

Maggiemay
06-05-2009, 05:13
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I loved reading each post.

A lot of food for thought, right there!

Best regards,

Minderwiz
06-05-2009, 05:47
I'm surprised. Aren't you supposed to have a keen affinity with Scorpio since you have 3 planets there already? Or does this have nothing to do with it?

That being said, Thank you soo much for your explanation on this thread. You have greatly broadened my understanding.

I'm talking about the effect on my Sun, not my chart in general. Don't you pay attention to the thread titles you start? LOL LOL :)

Maggiemay
06-05-2009, 06:16
I'm talking about the effect on my Sun, not my chart in general. Don't you pay attention to the thread titles you start? LOL LOL :)

:(

Maggie

starless
06-05-2009, 06:53
I'm not really crazy about the idea that the ascendant represents the person's actual appearance, as I look virtually nothing like my ascendant...(at least according to the books written by the astro buffs). It's really hit or miss. Of course [as previously mentioned] there are other aspects in the chart that play a great role in explaining someone's physical appearance.

I am really enjoying everyone's insights on here as well. Fudgazi made a great point about the ascendant/ planet being the ruler of the chart. It really does help or hinder the person, excellent point! I have a lot of Uranus energy in my life alright!

Maggiemay
06-05-2009, 07:07
I'm not really crazy about the idea that the ascendant represents the person's actual appearance, as I look virtually nothing like my ascendant...(at least according to the books written by the astro buffs)

I think that for a woman we also have to look at the Moon & Venus and for men, we should look at the Sun & Mars. Or whatever is in the first house.

With a pisces ascendant and Sun+ Jupiter in Taurus, 'technically' I should be bulky and stuff but its not the case at all and that might be because my Moon and Venus are in Aries in my first house. Perhaps, genes also have their say...

Astro-morphology 101...LOL

Cactus
06-05-2009, 12:35
Well, hi, Maggie and everyone, I've been traveling and not checking the forum as much.

But I do have some questions - which describes you physically, your sun or asc? There's no question about that for me because my Sun and Asc is Gemini. As well as Mercury and Mars. So with all that going on, what do "the books" say I'm supposed to be physically (without mentioning to you yet!)

I'm on the cusp of Taurus and Gemini however and my Venus is in Taurus. I love love love gooood food and drink, and then the Gemini kicks in because I can't be bored EVER and good food and drink alleviates boredom...(I can never ever diet because the food would be too boring for me!)

But I will never outgrow the Gemini influence. Sometimes it's negative (talk waaayy too much, too quickly, can't get to the point) and sometimes it very positive in that many people have said I'm very well spoken. And my friends all say that I'm so fun and never ever boring. I'm not. Ever. I love a good party, good friends, family get togethers, music (the major Neptune influence) and emotion (Moon in Pisces).

So physically, I could be the Gemini type but there are forces (Venus, Taurus cusp) that are fighting it...

sweet_intuition
06-05-2009, 16:19
Everytime I try to emulate my ascendant, Libra, I tend to wind up in a whole lotta trouble. And even though I'm not too fond of my sign, Capricorn, whenever I tend to embody it, things just seem to work out... go figure

Alectra
06-05-2009, 17:09
Wow what a great topic! Thanks for starting it ;)

I have a Taurus Sun Sign & my rising is in Scorpio. So as you can imagine I have the typical Taurus traits Grounded, Liking Food & Art, material things to an extent and being stubborn as hell. But with the Scorpio as my rising I do get pretty Horny and tend to be quite sexual. But I do think both signs play a 50/50 role. Maybe that will change because I am only 26 but from my experience you don't change into your sign sun its just apart of the whole. :)

Minderwiz
06-05-2009, 19:29
I'm not really crazy about the idea that the ascendant represents the person's actual appearance, as I look virtually nothing like my ascendant...(at least according to the books written by the astro buffs). It's really hit or miss. Of course [as previously mentioned] there are other aspects in the chart that play a great role in explaining someone's physical appearance.

I am really enjoying everyone's insights on here as well. Fudgazi made a great point about the ascendant/ planet being the ruler of the chart. It really does help or hinder the person, excellent point! I have a lot of Uranus energy in my life alright!

Depends which 'Astro buffs' you are reading LOL

However, it was always realised that there was a problem with this, if taken too literally. The traditional descriptions are developed for a European population, which was fairly immobile. They clearly fail if applied to people of non or mixed European descent. Moreover even in a European context, there is a wide range of skin tones, and physical traits. Then increase in geographic mobility and inter-marriage over the last century make it even more difficult to produce general physical characteristics for each sign.

sweet_intuition
07-05-2009, 22:10
After a lot of thought, this is what I discovered.

We try to emulate our Ascendant in time, as the Ascendant is the Mask we wear to the outside world. It is also the motivation behind our actions, after all, we are so used to the masks we wear that we tend to "project" the qualities of our ascendant, in order to well... keep up appearances.

The Sun is our individuality, the core of our persona. Like in our solar system, all the planets revolve around the sun, so do a whole lot of factors revolve around our Sun Sign.. (which is why so many people tend to think all of astrology consists mainly of our sun sign, which we know isn't true).

However, if there were a contest between which plays a more important role within a chart, the Sun or the Ascendant... well, here are two sets of arguments supporting both:

The Ascendant:-

1. More dynamic, as the ascending sign changes every two hours (approximately).

2. Once you know the ascending sign, you can gain access to the rest of the chart, as you'll know which sign falls on which house cusp, thereby getting a fairly rough idea of a persons chart (example, if a person has Gemini rising, then it's obvious the descendant is Sagittarius, and if we use the equal house system, or any other house system that equally divides the chart, we would know that the house cups are as follows - 2nd Cancer, 3rd Leo, 4th Virgo, 5th Libra.. etc).

3. The Ascendant also indicates the physical appearance of a person stronger than the sun sign (however, planets near or aspecting the ascending sign can over power the traditional ascendant features, causing one to me misguided. Example, someone with Gemini rising would be generally described as tall, lean, and long-limbed.. with a heavy Saturn influence, they would be shorter, with a Jupiter influence they would be pear shaped and unable to get rid of it, etc)

4. The Ascendant, like mentioned before, also is our motivation behind our actions. Example, someone with Libra rising would discover that majority of the things they do is to please people and appear fair and just, whereas someone with a Taurus rising would discover that majority of the things they do is because they like doing it, it gives them pleasure, and makes them comfortable.

The Sun:

1. The Sun represents our core self. This is the true individual us, what makes us unique and special. True, the sun remains in it's sign for about a whole month, but nevertheless, we all can't deny that no matter how much we don't fit in with every area of our sun sign, at the end of the day, when we dig deeper, we truly do behave and act like our sun sign.

Personal Example: I am a Capricorn by Sun, with Moon, Venus, and Mars in Aquarius, and Libra Rising. My rising sign makes me do things for the sake of Harmony, Love, and to make peace and please everyone around me, while my moon makes me rebellious and a total non-conformist. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, I am a Capricorn, plodding away up my many mountains with only the goal of reaching the summit ahead of me.

2. The Sun is the root of our vitality and our being. In many spiritual and esoteric paths, the Sun is considered the source of our life, as well as, plays a determining role in measuring our health, and our life-span. In a way, our whole world depends so much on the Sun and it's energy. Without it, the world would cease to exist as we know it.

3. The Sun also represents the true essence of who we are. Our sign represents the evolutionary stage of our soul (from infancy in Aries to 'death' in Pisces), as well as, indicates our Karmic Missions for us to fulfill within this lifetime (example: Cancer - To Nurture).

At the end of the day, different astrologers take different stances on which is more powerful, and which plays a more profound effect.

I personally believe, emulate your rising as much as you try, you can never hide your Sun for too long. No matter how thick the clouds, or how long the night... the sun eventually shall come out and shine :)

Love and Blessings
:)

Alectra
08-05-2009, 15:00
Wow that was some really great stuff Sweet Intuition. It really puts the twos roles into perspective. :D

Dogmother
09-05-2009, 22:05
I've always appeared like my ascendant (Leo). Had to have the mane, acted like a generous leader. My Sun sign (Sagittarius) has always been who I am at my soul depth. But I also look like my chart type (bowl). All my planets are below the horizon and I'm short. I always found that funny. There's no way with my parents' genes I should have been a shorty; but I am.

Maggiemay
10-05-2009, 06:03
Wow that was some really great stuff Sweet Intuition. It really puts the twos roles into perspective. :D

I second that!

That was really a beautiful insight, Sweet_intuition.

Thank you,

But I also look like my chart type (bowl).

As soon as I get a chance I'll have to read up on the chart types. It sounds interesting.

Thank you,

grella lou
20-05-2009, 09:27
since transiting pluto is hitting my natal Midheaven (which means that T. Pluto squares my Ascendent), I am noticing more issues relating to my ascendent in aries. More importantly, the importance in valuing that aries energy and drawing it out.

Umbrae
21-05-2009, 08:14
Then there's folks like me, to whom it matters not. My sun & asc are the same.

I've just posted Umbrae's chart to the group account on astro.com.

Umbrae, you weren't kidding when you said classic Aries!!!Umbrae's got Sun/Moon conj in Aries w/Aries ASC (therefore sun/moon are in the 1st house). Venus is also in Aries.

Mars in 9th/Sag forming a grand trine in fire makes for a very passionate teacher! If you're reading, Umbrae, your pedagogical posts on Aeclectic have always been forceful, insightful, highly opinionated, but never overbearing or rigid; it's great to have such helpful Aries around.

Also, I have to apologize. I didn't know which gender to put for you, so I did eenie meenie minee moe. I'm sorry if you're not a man!! I can change it if you want....

Maggiemay
21-05-2009, 08:56

LOL!

isthmus nekoi
22-05-2009, 13:09

lol, I still remember your chart.

Kibeth
15-07-2009, 23:58
Well the modern view is that it's the way (the 'mask') you project to others and therefore it is how others see you.

Wear a mask for long enough and you become the mask. - V

and er ... think deeply on the quote.

blueviolet
27-07-2009, 00:14
This is an interesting theory about our rising becoming stronger as we grow older. However I don't think it overpowers our sun, I just think we find more of a balance, or that each aspect in our chart, including our rising, becomes strengthened -- as we expand and grow as a whole.
I was very shy as a child, a true introvert, living in my fantasy world. A typical Piscean. I'm still a true Piscean, but my rising in Libra has helped me to open up more, communicate, and apply more of an analytical/ discerning system of thinking to my otherwise emotional dreamy sense. But I think it also magnifies the opposing directional pulls when I'm swinging back and forth on decisions!

Everytime I try to emulate my ascendant, Libra, I tend to wind up in a whole lotta trouble. And even though I'm not too fond of my sign, Capricorn, whenever I tend to embody it, things just seem to work out... go figure

Funny! I can relate - my ascendant is also Libra, and I find trouble when I embody my rising sign as well lol. My sun is Pisces, and I'm at home there and very happy with it.

Kibeth
27-07-2009, 14:46
Aw... Libras aren't only argumentative people, they're usually beautiful people as well, them being ruled by venus goddess of beauty. My perfectionist spirit desires to make things perfect and I always welcome a libran's input on how to best do something, I love an intellectual challenge!

If you think swinging between two sides is bad, try having a Gemini moon. You'd hate and love someone at the same time, feel two emotions at the same time it's like having a freaky twin!

Bernice
27-07-2009, 19:16
Originally Posted by Minderwiz
My non-modern view is that is shows the immediate environment and one's most likely response to it. So in my case based on this, I would say that over time I do seem to have more of the ascendant sign in my immediate surroundings, and I also appear to respond to immediate things more 'politically'.

But that may be due to eventually arriving at a point where all other chart factors are able to function more amicably through the sign......

Bee :)

Minderwiz
27-07-2009, 21:36
Well my extremely old view is that it's a significator for your body and general health, vitality and physical wellbeing. As your vitality affects the way in which you do interact with your environment, I don't see much difference to Bee's statement.

I'm not madly keen on modern views, but there are times when I express them simply to give a little balance (My Sun is in LIbra LOL)

214red
27-07-2009, 22:36
Well my extremely old view is that it's a significator for your body and general health, vitality and physical wellbeing. As your vitality affects the way in which you do interact with your environment, I don't see much difference to Bee's statement.

I'm not madly keen on modern views, but there are times when I express them simply to give a little balance (My Sun is in LIbra LOL)

i like the fact you try and see both sides and both views!
i would have to say that i would agree on the health and the physical body shape most of the times (always the odd times it fails).
I say this as a taurean that had an op for my digestive tract! Although body wise i dont look like a bull, am more like a bean pole!

Minderwiz
27-07-2009, 23:15
Thank you. However much of the time my injections of 'balance' are the other way round and I try to give a more traditional view. LOL

Incidentally my daughter is a Virgo Ascendant and much of her health issues surround nervous stomach ailments, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

214red
27-07-2009, 23:44
Thank you. However much of the time my injections of 'balance' are the other way round and I try to give a more traditional view. LOL

Incidentally my daughter is a Virgo Ascendant and much of her health issues surround nervous stomach ailments, such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
my taurus Acs and Moon means stomach issues also usually relate to emotional times, being cancerian doesnt help.

prudence
29-07-2009, 02:47
Hmm, my sun and asc are Pisces, but I am not sure what that really means, maybe I have fishy eyes? :D Though I do tend to suffer from stomach ailments as well, nerves playing a big role in that. (is that a Virgo thing? My DC is in Virgo, 7th house)

Minderwiz
29-07-2009, 19:31
Well Pisces 'rules' the feet, so I would have expected that, all other things being equal, feet problems would have been more likely. Also water retention might be an issue.

Where is Jupiter placed in your chart and what aspects does he receive?

214red
29-07-2009, 20:11
the health aspect of signs is interesting, do you think we should start a thread about signs and related medical issues?

Sophie
29-07-2009, 20:35
Well my extremely old view is that it's a significator for your body and general health, vitality and physical wellbeing. That's interesting. My Ascendant is in Gemini, which rules arms, shoulders, breathing system and nerves. I frequently have painful shoulders - I keep all my stress there - and my breathing system - in particular bronchial - is not that strong and I am prone to coughs and allergies. I all too easily live off my nerves and as a result my vitality fluctuates quite a lot. Slowing down and getting my breath back is a challenge to me, though I am much better than I used to be - I was a real fidget. When I was a child, it was only in nature, sitting up a tree or lying in the grass that I would ground and reach any kind of tranquility.

I also find that whenever I need to express something and can't for some reason, I get a cough!

Minderwiz
29-07-2009, 22:09
the health aspect of signs is interesting, do you think we should start a thread about signs and related medical issues?

There have been two recent books on the issue:

Classical Medical Astrology, Healing with the Elements by Oscar Hofman;

and

Introduction to Medical Astrology by Wanda Sellar

both published by Wessex Astrologer.

So they might well form the basis of the thread. I haven't read them yet, though I do have copies recently arrived. I have read Richard Sauders 17th century text and also Nicholas Culpepper's Astrological Judgements.

So I'll try and get the ball rolling in the next few days, unless anyone wants to get going sooner.

Bernice
29-07-2009, 22:25
May I add another book to that list?

A Handbook of Medical Astrology. By Jane Ridder-Patrick. (Penquin book; ISBN: 0-14-019214-x)

If it's not suitable, ignore this post.

Minderwiz
29-07-2009, 22:42
Any books are more than welcome Bee. It's not one that I've had chance to read but if you've got it I'd be more than interested in it's views.

Bernice
29-07-2009, 23:02
Just a quickie to get some idea about it:

http://www.janeridderpatrick.com/hma.html

£15.49 inc. postage, here;
http://www.play.com/Books/Books/6-/Search.html?searchstring=Jane+Ridder-Patrick&searchtype=bookauthor&searchsource=0

B.

prudence
30-07-2009, 02:01
Well Pisces 'rules' the feet, so I would have expected that, all other things being equal, feet problems would have been more likely. Also water retention might be an issue.

Where is Jupiter placed in your chart and what aspects does he receive?
I do get feet issues too, though they have not stopped me in my tracks like the stomach issue... my Jupiter is in the 8th house in scorpio, it trines my sun as well as my venus (they are both in 12th house, Pis). My Jupiter is also in a square with my mercury, which is in 11th house, Aquarius.

BrightEye
30-07-2009, 02:04
About the Ascendant :

Some say that as we grow older, we emulate more and more the characteristics of our Ascendant whereas others say that, au contraire (throw a little french in there!) people, needing less and less the 'mask' of the ascendant, will tend to embody more and more their Sun sign.

Personally, I can't quite figure out which way I'm going, but then again I'm a Pisces Ascendant! LOL

What about you?

My Sun sign in Libra, my ascendant Capricorn. Definitely starting to exhibit more of the latter lately, of which I'm glad.

Barbaras Ahajusts
30-07-2009, 04:53

More traditionally the Ascendant and first House describes you physically, in that concrete sense it's literally how others see you. Your 'psychology' is shown by your temperament which has a large dose of the Ascendant in it.

I'm Capricorn with Aries rising. I'm a fiery Aries concerning my temperament. But as I grow older, in grace of course;), I find myself behaving more!

Informative thread. Thank you.

Barbara

Noelle
30-07-2009, 18:27

MCsea
30-07-2009, 20:12
May I add another book to that list?

A Handbook of Medical Astrology. By Jane Ridder-Patrick. (Penquin book; ISBN: 0-14-019214-x)

If it's not suitable, ignore this post.

I love this book -
The initial investigation into the 360 body parts was listed in the work of Elsbeth and Reinhold Ebertin, which appeared in “Anatomische Entsprechungen der Tierkreisgrade” Anatomical Correspondences of the Zodiac Degrees 1949

I find I have gall bladder as my south node body part - and it HAS been removed .. hmm
when I look at say Shane Warne (famous cricketer) he has his wrist as his draconic sun - and his juipter I think - and yes he has a famous bowling technique with his wrist.. anyway....
interesting

MARINA

Bernice
30-07-2009, 21:00
Hi Marina,

Yes, it is a very comprehensive book. Thank you for confirming :)

Although I have to admit I rarely use it now - I wandered away into other fields.... But I found it to be far more useful - and valid - than other 'health/medical' writings.

olivia1
26-09-2009, 15:18
About the Ascendant :

Some say that as we grow older, we emulate more and more the characteristics of our Ascendant.....

What about you?

I have never heard of that saying. When I was younger, I was very much the stereotypical Aries. However, as I grew older I become more and more like my ascendant (Virgo). People who follow astrology (and who do not know me very well) are actually surprised when I tell them I am an Aries. They usually guess Taurus.