ISO a Dragon Oracle !!!

Isinea

Hey,

i'm looking for an Orakel Deck with Dragons. I would prefer one with western dragons.

Does anybody know a good one?

Greetings, Isi

cardlady22

I don't know of any Western-style that are specifically oracles, but you could try this one ~ maybe trim off the titles if they are too distracting?

www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/celtic-dragon/ Lisa Hunt's art is incredible!

ETA: Ooops. Just saw on your profile that you already have it.

Isinea

Thank you cardlady! But I allready have the Celtic Dragon Tarot. It's really beautiful and one of my favourites!

The Oracle Deck don't has to be only with western-style Dragons but it should not have only eastern-style Dragons.

Hugs,
Isi

Jewel

I would recommend the Dragonfae Oracle (very highly recommend). The deck has both fae and dragons. It is beautiful and my experiences with the deck have been profound.

If it is all dragons you are looking for then I possibly the Dragon Tarot. There is also another dragon tarot deck by Nigel Suckling. Both of those have lovely dragons.

Aulruna

There is a 52 card deck by Polly Waterfield called Dragon Cards. I have often considered buying it sight unseen for the topic alone, but haven't done it yet - apparently, this is an unillustrated deck, which uses descriptions and keywords in place of images.

silverwings94

Aulruna,
Is there a site where I can see these cards.
Kat

Aulruna said:
There is a 52 card deck by Polly Waterfield called Dragon Cards. I have often considered buying it sight unseen for the topic alone, but haven't done it yet - apparently, this is an unillustrated deck, which uses descriptions and keywords in place of images.

Isinea

Thank you very much for the answers!

Even though the Dragonfae Oracle is not exactly what I'm looking for I like it very much! And I'll have an eye on it. :)

I couldn't find the Dragon Cards. Is there a page where I can have a look at them? I just found some cards that seam to be from Trading Card Games.

Faolainn Storm

Aulruna said:

I DID buy this oracle without seeing the cards simply for the word dragon. And I was higly disappointed. She doesn't treat dragons with respect, she "psychologises" them. They are supposed to represent the wilder aspects of ourselves.

Each card has a keyword and then a set of questions to think about. Some examples:
  • Alchemy - This dragon can turn base metals into gold. Will you be transformed by life's chemistry today? What could you forge yourself?
  • Stubbornness - This dragon digs in its claws and refuses to budge. If you listened to it, what might happen?
  • Mystery - A dragon is blowing clouds of smoke around you. Can you live with the unknown?
  • Deepening - This dragon is ancient and wise and lives at the bottom of the ocean. Could you allow yourself to plumb the depth of your own experience?
  • Frivolity - A dragon is dancing around your living room. Is it time to treat life lightly or do you need to be taken seriously today?

Beside this each card has on the back a picture of a dragon (the same dragon all the way through), which is very badly drawn. Be glad you haven't bought them yet. They are really not worth the money.

FS

blackstormhawk

The imagery of the LS Dragons Tarot is sufficiently oracle-like that it can be used that way.