Venting

nisaba

Just venting a bit of delayed steam here. REally don't know why this didn't bother me yesterday evening, but it's bothering me today.

Yesterday during the day when I was out there reading, I had an elderly female client. She was terribly, terribly vain about her appearance, and her money and her wardrobe, mentioning them all a *lot* of times.

I never ask names - they tell me if they want me to know, and most people simply don't think to give me a name. I asked my usual sit-down question: "Do you have a particular subject in mind, or just a general reading and see what comes up?"

I should never have asked.

She had a single subject in mind.

She asked me - twice - if her husband (thereinafter consistently referred to as "the old coot" was going to die before her and not get to grab all her money. That being said, he had money of his own that she really wanted to grab when he died, but even though she had no children or living relatives and she was supposedly happy with him, she didn't want to leave him a cent, therefore he had to go before her. I tried to explain about making a will where she leaves her money to her best friend or a charity, but she's too mean - I think she wanted it to line her coffin with.

I prevaricated. I'm not the kind of reader who's comfortable investigating issues like whether an absent husband will pre-decease a present wife. Instead, I decided to do a health reading for her, in the hope that I could justify it as being relevant to her question given that her husband wasn't around to contribute his energy to the reading and I couldn't read him long-distance.

Rather to my distress, the cards seemed to point to a robust constitution and longevity for her.

I hope I haven't sparked off a Mad Poisoner. (I rather feel she may have been thinking about things like that already).

Honestly, there's not many clients I actually actively dislike ...

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Wow.

I don't even know what to say about this LOVELY woman. o_O

Some people amaze me, ya know?

nisaba

I must be the soul of tact. I didn't actually tell any lies, but she left thinking that I thought she was wonderful. Erk. <scrubs hands, cards and tongue with Dettol>

w0ndrfulelectr1c

I don't know what I would have done if I had been in your shoes. I have no self-control when it comes to "unsavory" people like that. Oy vey.

sapienza

I know there are people who THINK stuff like that, but it's certainly an interesting (for want of a better word) person who actually says it out loud :bugeyed: I also don't expect it would matter too much what you said to her as people only hear what they want to hear anyway. Goodness knows what that means for her....or 'the old coot' :laugh:

nisaba

You certainly couldn't accuse her of not being open with her reader ...

Floss

Bohemian Gothic Four of Pentacles .... !!

w0ndrfulelectr1c

Lol @ Floss!

nisaba

<glances around, bewildered> Scans?

Floss

You can see it on Magic Realist Press website - they have pics of all the cards from all their decks - if BG 4P isn't your querent, I dunno who is!!! ;)