Where do your answers come from?

twinkletoes

I am delving deep into the spirit world of guides, ancestors, angels and my higher self. I use tarot as a tool for communing with these evolved beings of light and find that, depending on which deck I use, their presence is amplified.

Where do your answers come from? Your sub-conscious? Or do you also intentionally contact the spirit realm in readings?

Grizabella

My answers come from the great Out There. I don't mess with spirits, ancestors or guides. I don't rely on anything less than the Universe Itself for them. Anything else might be too fallible. This way, I figure I've gone straight to the top and I can trust what I get completely. :) If anything is going to fail, it will be me, not some other entity I brought into the deal as a middleman. I can work on myself to improve my ability to receive the messages. A middleman I can't. :)

But that's just my way. Each of us has our own way and nobody can say that another person's way is wrong. Your way works for you and that means that, for you, it's the right way. :D

SunChariot

I guess it's a matter of where we think our answers come from as we all have our theories, but it's hard to know for sure.

My personal belief is that my answers come from my angels (and/or the querent's angels or those of the person the question is about). Put another way I believe my answers come from G-d via the angels.

I always tend to talk to my angels before a reading and tell them that "X" (querent's name) needs my help right now and that I want to help them. Then I ask to be sent the right cards that will make me see what I am meant to see (the truth of the situation) and for the wisdom to see all that I am meant to see in them and to deliver the message properly.

So I presume, (that is my belief that I feel sure of inside) that that is where my answers come from. I do talk to them a more and more in my daily life too and they certainly do send me lots of signs in my daily life too.

On a few occasions though I did ask for help from this man I love's mother, who had passed on. I know how he adores her and talks and prays to her every day. I thought she could help us, and/or help me to understand him better. As our goals are one and the same, the way I see it. We both love him and want to see him happy. But that that is really rare. And my thinking was that if she could help me understand him better, things would be even better between us. He and I were out of contact at the time so there was no way to talk to him about it. I never did it before or since. I did that through a few meditatons with my Tarot cards.

Babs

nisaba

twinkletoes said:
Where do your answers come from? Your sub-conscious? Or do you also intentionally contact the spirit realm in readings?
Why do you seem to think that the subconscious is not a part of the spirit realm? Are we not all angels whose wings haven't sprouted yet? Everyone from Jesus to the Charge of the Goddess says that if you cannot find God within yourself, you will never find it outside yourself. We are all God. Tarot helps us remember that.

SunChariot

nisaba said:
Why do you seem to think that the subconscious is not a part of the spirit realm? Are we not all angels whose wings haven't sprouted yet? Everyone from Jesus to the Charge of the Goddess says that if you cannot find God within yourself, you will never find it outside yourself. We are all God. Tarot helps us remember that.

Good answer Nisaba! I really like that! I am doing mantras now on that too. That is all so true what you said.

Babs

canid

twinkletoes said:
I am delving deep into the spirit world of guides, ancestors, angels and my higher self. I use tarot as a tool for communing with these evolved beings of light and find that, depending on which deck I use, their presence is amplified.

Great post!

All of the above, or a combination thereof.

ofbainbridge

---

My answer is along the lines of everything...I get informaiton from anywhere and everywhere; spirit guides, ancestors, the great out there, the great unknown, the unconscious, the physical environment, the querent themselves and anywhere else it occurs to me to peek into.
I believe it is all connected - you tap one thing you tap it all- like sticking your finger in a running stream.

halimah

Good Question!

I believe that my soul, my spirit is... bigger than the little piece on earth (I liked what Nisaba said), and that if I'm in a good state, the answers come from there, or even higher, from God/Godess.

But I also believe that if I'm not in a good state inwardly, not quiet or especially troubled that the answers I get may be from lower forces - my will or my heart overriding the reading. Hence asking someone else to do a reading if I'm too *close* to the subject at hand.

Nevada

twinkletoes said:

Good question. I think my answers are a synthesis of all those, including the Universe or Out There that Grizabella mentions. I believe in Synchronicity -- and that we receive the answers we're meant to receive -- and that sometimes what we're meant to receive might even be the "wrong" answer because it leads us where we're supposed to go, to what we need most. I try to trust what the cards show me and how I'm able to put it all together -- sometimes easily, as in a flash of insight, and sometimes only with a great deal of turning things over and around, pondering for a while.
nisaba said:
Nisaba makes excellent points. We're ALL spiritual beings.
halimah said:
I believe that my soul, my spirit is... bigger than the little piece on earth (I liked what Nisaba said), and that if I'm in a good state, the answers come from there, or even higher, from God/Godess.

But I also believe that if I'm not in a good state inwardly, not quiet or especially troubled that the answers I get may be from lower forces - my will or my heart overriding the reading. Hence asking someone else to do a reading if I'm too *close* to the subject at hand.
True, there are days when I'm best off leaving the cards alone. My inward state can have a bearing on how I read, for myself or others. I like to think I've learned when those times are, but nobody's perfect. Sometimes, for whatever reason, we're just wrong. I think it's usually more a case of the reader not being such a good channel in that reading as in others, or their communication channels/skills (Spirit/Universe/collevtive unconscious/whatever to cards to reader to querent) suffering a disconnect somewhere at that moment. It happens, and usually I think it has to do with the reader's state of mind/emotions/health. But we just don't really know.

ETA: Wherever else it might come from, it filters through us humans. We are sometimes very wise, and at other times not, and not even very good filters. I don't expect 100% accuracy, or even close, at gaining outside information through the cards, so much as I like to read the cards as they fall in front of me and trust that the right information is there for me to see.

I haven't used the cards to contact the deceased, though it wouldn't surprise me if I'm sometimes influenced by some loved ones who've passed. I never invite strangers who've died into my readings.

The crowned one

We as humans could be defined as "interpreters of symbols" From traffic lights to directional signs, two dimensional images of our environments, abstract lines that put together make visual idea's appear, art. My answers come mostly from my interpretation of symbols based on what I know/learn from my study of art, emotions and symbols on both conscious and sub conscious levels. We can create symbols not only of our envioment but what we think inside our head. I tap into this, but also react and respond to the body launguage of that who I am reading for as I speak. So my answers come from the person I am reading for and from my ever changing understanding of colour, numbers, and image: from within. You might say I use a system, and intuitive thought I have earned through experience.

If I occasionally tap into some sort of super-consciousness it is by fluke rather then ability.

EDIT: I missed the second part of your question, I do not use the cards to contact spirits.