Some of my decks seem like friends . . . so I got to thinking

If my decks were dogs,

My Bohemian Gothic would be a Rottweiller​
My Albano would be a Pit Bull​
Illuminated would be a Standard Poodle​
Hanson Roberts would be a Bichon Frise​
Noblet would be a French Bulldog​
Universal Waite would be a a Labrador Retriever . . .​

Anyone else feel like your decks are your best friends?

Mary V

Dogmother

I just love this question! I do this with people frequently. I just told one of my co-workers last week that if she were a dog she'd be a Border Collie - she's just that smart!

My Greenwood would be a Chinook and my Royal Fez would be a black Labrador Retriever. I'm not sure I have a doggie take on my other decks yet, but I'll puzzle on it.

ScaryFairy

Victorian romantic would be... a chihuahua.

mary ventura

My RWS (plain, yellow-box version)- English Bulldog
Inner Child - Yorkshire Terrier

Mary V

Dogmother said:
I just love this question! I do this with people frequently. I just told one of my co-workers last week that if she were a dog she'd be a Border Collie - she's just that smart!
(but does she have those crazy eyes??? )

Grizabella

Oh no----VR would be a min pin! My min pin is the smartest dog I've ever had. He even learned what the kids could and couldn't do and would come tell on them if they were doing something wrong. And bossy? My lord that dog is bossy!

Oh, but anyway, the VR is the most talkative, "smartest" most eloquent deck I've used thus far.

So for me---the VR is a min pin.

The Spanish tarot that says Fournier on the front is a chihuahaua. But my opinion there doesn't count for much because I don't read Marseilles decks---yet (one eye on Umbrae).

The Ancestral Path would be a Samoyed, I think. It's kind of exotic and Sammies are less well known than Huskies, and it's a very smart, very devoted working dog breed. I'm reminded of it by the Pentacles suit in that deck.

RWS is a bloodhound---not much on looks but it will sure help you snoop out the most well-hidden answers to your questions.

Gilded---a sleek, racy Greyhound. Beautiful to look at and will swiftly take you to your answers.

Aquarian---poodle---popular breed/deck in the 60's and 70's.

Arthurian Legend---Basset hound. Just lies there on its back snoring mostly. Doesn't do a thing for me.

Dogmother

(but does she have those crazy eyes??? )

Not that I've seen, but I'm not ruling it out........

Morwenna

I think my Hanson-Roberts would be a Sheltie. Insufferably cute, but gets you where you're going with a minimum of fuss!

I'll have to think about the others.

nisaba

The Granny Jones would have to be a border collie - one features in The Emperor. The man is almost beside the point <grin>.

The Sheridan-Douglas is a greyhound, slimmed down and streamlined for racing (through readings).

Er ... the Undersea (which I don't have) would have to be a bloodhound, all drool.

They don't dog-up well for me.

weaver

ScaryFairy said:
Victorian romantic would be... a chihuahua.
That is so funny because after reading this post's inquiry, I was thinking my Victorian Romantic would definitely be a Borzoi! :laugh:

Both have presence, intelligence, elegance, and are (to my eyes) real lookers! Also, I find a sweetness tinged with a bit shyness in both the deck and dog. Appearances aside, both are agile, decisive, and quick to move when needed.

Hmmm....I wonder what a Chihuahua/Borzoi cross would look like?! :bugeyed: :D

Speaking of dogs, off to take mine on a walk! :)
Sue