Fleetwood MAc

nisaba

The Grateful Dead thread got me thinking. I *was* thinking along the lines of the Living End, then segued to Eskimo Joe, then the Hoodoo Gurus (swoon), then swooning reminded me of Missy Higgins, but she's right at the beginning of her career, and doesn't have a large body of work to pick from yet. Which, of course, reminded me of The Zepp (Led Zeppelin, of course) and Fleetwood Mac. Of the two, the Mac is cheesier and I'm one of those people who think almost anything is better with the addition of cheese, so I'm going there.

The Six Cups would be "Beautiful Child". Of course, the whole deck would be "Beautiful Child". Perhaps the Fool also?

The Tower would be Storms ("I have always been a storm"). Or perhaps, Landslide?

The Seven Cups would have to be Crystal from Rumours. Or Over My Head?

The Devil - Chain.

The Moon - Rhiannon.

The Two Cups - Songbird.

The Hermit - Pages. Or maybe I'm So Alone? No - definitely Stand Back.

The Four Swords - Albatross.

the World: That's All for Everyone.

The Queen Cups - Oh Dianne.

the Ace Pentacles - Heart of Stone.

The Magician - What Makes you Think You're the One

Ace Swords - think About Me.

Eight Swords - I'm So Afraid.

Queen Pentacles - Gold Dust Woman.

The Sun - Warm Ways (or perhaps the Devil?)

Temperance: Goodbye Angel.

That's five minutes' thought. I reckon their whole repertoire (plus Christine and Stevie's solo repertoires) could flesh out a whole Mac Deck. If we computerised it, guess which operating system it should be made compatible with! <laughter>

Myrrha

Dreams = High Priestess "Have you any dreams you'd like to sell", "When the rain washes you clean you'll know, you'll know"

Wild Heart = Queen of Wands "Fire on fire, rain on my face/ Fever goes higher, what can you do?/ Wild in the darkest places in your mind/ That's where I needed you"

Nightbird = 9 of Swords

Tusk = Devil "Don't say that you love me!/ Just tell me that you want me!/ tusk! tusk!"

Fool = Edge of Seventeen "In the web that is my own I begin again " "Oh I went searchin' for an answer.../ Up the stairs... and down the hall/ Not to find an answer.../ Just to hear the call"