Synastry : Similar degrees and midpoints

Maggiemay

I recently came across an article which suggested looking for similar degrees when comparing charts (synastry).

For example : Person A with a planet at 20' degree Leo / Person B with a planet at 20' degree Virgo

Apparently, having similar degrees in synastry gives the two individuals a special connection. Basically, they totally 'get' each other.

Have you ever heard of that? Is this serious astrology?

While on the topic of synastry, How significant are the midpoints? Are they as potent as the Nodes or the Vertex?

Thank you,

Maggie

BigLuna

That sounds like we'd be looking for exact aspects between the charts. Does the degree need to be identical?

Minderwiz

Well, I'd take partile major aspects as obviously significant but I don't think I'd go a overboard on semi-sextiles or quincunxes. Nevertheless they cannot be ignored, so in a sense the quote about same degrees is really standard modern practice.

I don't initially pay any attention to midpoints, nodes, the Vertex or Arabian parts. I'd only look at those in situations where I perhaps needed to know more but the main judgement is on the basis of the ususal planets, houses, and signs (which also implies aspects). No amount of minor stuff can over-rule those but it can add flesh to an interpretation.

Maggiemay

Hey you two!!

BigLuna said:
T Does the degree need to be identical?

Yep! It's all about the degree. Doesn't matter the sign. Doesn't matter the planet.

weird, huh?!

Minderwiz said:
Well, I'd take partile major aspects as obviously significant but I don't think I'd go a overboard on semi-sextiles or quincunxes. Nevertheless they cannot be ignored, so in a sense the quote about same degrees is really standard modern practice.

Oh... I see...

Minderwiz said:
I don't initially pay any attention to midpoints, nodes, the Vertex or Arabian parts.

mmmh... I'm surprised...but then again... you never cease to surprise me!!

Thank you both for replying.

Ps: Welcome back Minderwiz. Your absence was keenly felt.

Maggie :)

Minderwiz

Selective quoting LOL

I don't use the Vertex at all. Nodes and midpoints yes (well Arabian parts are mid points in a very real sense) BUT I treat these as very much minor testimonies.

Look at them towards the end of your analysis, if you find yourself 'in tune' with them then add them to your armoury. BUT don't ever forget that their testimonies cannot overrule the testimony of the planets by sign, house and aspect.

Maggiemay

LOL! Minderwiz? you still there?

Did I ever tell you that I had gotten the Bernadette report on the fixed stars?

It gave quite a depth to my chart.... Mercury with Alcyon!!

Now let me go read what you just wrote!

Maggie :)

Minderwiz said:
Selective quoting LOL

I don't use the Vertex at all. Nodes and midpoints yes (well Arabian parts are mid points in a very real sense) BUT I treat these as very much minor testimonies.

Look at them towards the end of your analysis, if you find yourself 'in tune' with them then add them to your armoury. BUT don't ever forget that their testimonies cannot overrule the testimony of the planets by sign, house and aspect.

Maggiemay

Actually, I totally agree with you. I find the more we add, the more difficult it becomes to analyse anything!

I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to overlook anything important.

:) Maggie

Minderwiz said:
Selective quoting LOL