Is this wrong of me to not want to read for him because of this....

littlestar

I've done several (non paid) readings for my mothers boss.

The other day i found out (from my mother) how cruel he was treating his 2 horses, so much so that my mother couldnt stand it any longer and had to call the RSPCA.

Animal cruelty is something i feel strongly about and am a supporter of several animal welfare groups. It's something that angers and outrages me and due to this i feel i cant give an accurate reading as i am feeling things about how this person treats animals quite strongly.

Is it bad for me to feel this way? How do i tell him i no longer wish to read for him?

Floss

Tell him you're turning professional and if he wants readings from you in the future, your reading fee is ..... whatever. Don't be used! Especially by a person who is cruel to animals.

Grizabella

Tell him you've gone professional and you're all booked up or something. I guess if you told him the truth, he'd know your mother had told you about the horses, which would probably jeopardize her job.

Sulis

You don't have to read for anyone you don't want to read for.
Does it really matter what you tell him? You could just say you're not reading for a while.

SherryZoned

I agree with Sulis...

or

Tell him you are going professional and whatever money you get from him for readings you can donate to an animal place...if you are not wanting to keep his money that is..

Gennai

It is probably going to be hard for you to read for him anyway, but I sort of agree. You could charge him money and give it to an equine/donkey sanctuary, but my guess is once you tell him it isn't free any more, then he will not ask you for a reading. I do believe in Kharma though (did I spell that right) and what you send out you get three times back. I loved the is it the "kick arse" spread??? (I will have to look for it now) where it gives the kharmic lesson to be expected, you may have fun doing that yourself see what lies in wait for him... also he may return as a horse and experience this ill treatment himself.... please God!

KateC

Hello littlestar,

Since I'm the (a?) resident dressage enthusiast/horse owner, I spoke with a couple of others hosepeople on this (left out what kind of artist you are & what forum, so you've been pretty thoroughly shielded).

So far the concensus is to tell him that you've gone pro, quote him an exhorbitant price, & if he pays it, donate the proceeds to the rehab group.

<G> They have decided that you are a GOOD person & want to hear the upshot once you've decided.

Very Best of Wishes & thank you for caring about the ponies,

KateC

Sinduction

That's what I would do. I often up my price if I don't want to read for someone. :D I also donate a lot of money to charity, doing at least two benefits a year.

Do whatever you feel comfortable doing. If you don't want to read for him anymore, tell him you've given up tarot. What I would not do is make up some lame excuse like, " I don't have my cards on me." or "I'm not up for it today, how about next time?" This leaves hope. If you don't want to read for him make it something final so it ends and you don't have to continue to deal with it.

I completely understand. If I was in the same position I wouldn't want to read for that person either. But because I'd want to see horrible things in their cards! :D

SunChariot

Nothing you feel is wrong. We all have the perfect right to our feelings adn there is never anything wrong with anything we feel, although some people act out their feeligns in wrong ways.

And you are doing this person a favour with your readings. We all have the right to decide who we want to do favours form and for whom we don't want to. It's not an obligation it's a priveledge when we decide to do something for someone. Not to mention if you think your feelings will prejudice your readings then you have no choice. That means you would be unable to read accurately for him. And if you know your accuracy is being compromised by something, there's no point in doing the reading in the first place.

I would just tell him you don't have time, your life is so busy now...Obviously you can't just up and tell him the truth as he is your mom's boss, that you won't read for him because you think he's a terrible person, so you need an excuse, that's what I personally would go with.

Babs

OrbWeaver

As a former horse owner, I think I would flat-out refuse to read for him any more. I agree with what some of the others said - say you aren't reading for awhile, or claim you've gone pro and quote him an exhorbitant price. If he's willing to pay it, you can always donate the money he gives you to the RSPCA, or any animal rescue group you fancy.

I do wonder though - if he takes much stock in tarot, he might think you learned about his horse abuse while reading for him. That is, if he ever found out, anyway.