Puzzled by recent readings!

vettech69

Hello i have been using this site for a ver long time but this the first time i have posted anything myself. I need some guidance/advice on a problem i ahve been currently experiencing. I have been doing tarot readings( for friends, family and myself for years now. Anyway, my readings have always been accurate, for the most part. But lately whenever i do a reading for myself whether i'm using a specific spread from Aecletic forum or just a general reading, my readings been innaccurate or just outright wrong! I have cleansed my cards with sage, which usually works, but hasn't made much difference these days. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on here?

Grizabella

We're not always accurate. Sometimes we're just plain, downright wrong. Don't be upset when you find you're not right on the money. There are some things we're just not meant to know. Or not meant to know right at this time. And sometimes we're just not meant to be the one to break the news to someone about something they're asking about. If you don't get the answer, you're just not meant to. There's nothing wrong. :) Hang in there and just keep reading and trusting the process. Accuracy is not the yardstick by which to judge whether you're a successful reader or not.

nisaba

Grizabella said:
We're not always accurate. Sometimes we're just plain, downright wrong.
Was it Gregory who said that an early reading she did for herself was full of sunshine and optimism at a time when her life was going to hell in a handbasket?

Sometimes readings like that aren't wrong, exactly - they're trying to encourage us.

Grizabella

Good point, nisaba.

And sometimes your readings, although they seem wrong now, maybe be true of another time, another place in your life.

Alta

I agree with Griz first of all, sometimes readings are wrong, plain, flat out wrong. I just don't buy that anyone can read with 100% accuracy all of the time. It seems to me that it is the reader, and it may just be a period in your life when clarity isn't possible for you. Don't give up and stop reading, it is cyclical and the skill will return, maybe better for a period of dormancy.

Also, as nisaba (and Griz) say, keep track of the 'wrong' readings and watch things unfold. It may result in some encouragement down the road.

Alta

divinemsm

I have always been really bad at reading for myself. I either see what I want to see in the cards and miss the important stuff or just read them totally wrong. I've started just doing simple, three to five card readings with easy open questions. Try starting small and simple.

MistressNatasha

Well . . .

Occasionally I go through periods like that, where a reading I do for myself will be off, and then ones for friends will be off, and I just feel like giving up. But, I found that putting the deck down for a while (a few days to a week) helps. Just clear your mind. You end up getting angry because the reading is way off, and that only sends negative energy to the cards. Just push it out of the way for a few days and don't think about it. =]