Do Negative people influence one's readings?

Quartz Crystal

I was doing one of my practise readings (I am new to the world of Tarot). Most of the readings were quite accurate unless a person known to be a non-believer walked in and joined the group. After that almost all readings went wrong? Was it because of his negative feelings?

SkadisPhoenix

I don't know if it's because of HIS negative feelings, but maybe, seeing as you're new to tarot, it is because of you're getting nervous around him. Maybe if you ignore that he is around (really hard, believe me I know), or practise when he isn't around, then it will get easier for you.

Good luck on your journey though! :)

littlestar

Sometimes it can really be hard to read for people who are sceptics and non believers but dont let that deter you. More practise with these kinds of people will surely help you.
Once you begin telling them things about them and what's going on around them, they're sure to have a slight shift in attitude.
Others are so adamently against the cards ability to discover things that no matter what you tell them, its like trying to talk to a brick wall.

214red

i would say it affected your readings because you allowed that persons negative views to affect it.

willowfox

You knew there was a skeptic in the crowd and it put you right off, nervousness.

hunter

Only read about what you truly believe, DEEP down.

I don't believe I have the ability to read the future, but I do believe the cards can be used to trigger instincts that are buried deep in us and wouldn't otherwise be triggered. I believe this STRONGLY. I'm open to fortune telling, but not convinced, REALLY convinced.

A true blue skeptic ended out being impressed with a reading someone was doing for her because of what I said to her. She stopped being confrontational and left with something helpful.

You believe some things so strongly that no matter what others think, you are not affected. If someone was convinced you were purple, would you think you were? How much would that affect you?

Figure out what you believe and LIVE it and you will not be so affected by others. You might be more comfortable changing your spreads or way of reading to reflect a little less, that truly reflects your set in stone beliefs.

Did your spreads include fortune telling? Do you believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you and the cards can tell the future?

Figure out what you TRULY believe and LIVE it.

214red

hunter said:
Only read about what you truly believe, DEEP down.

I don't believe I have the ability to read the future, but I do believe the cards can be used to trigger instincts that are buried deep in us and wouldn't otherwise be triggered. I believe this STRONGLY. I'm open to fortune telling, but not convinced, REALLY convinced.

A true blue skeptic ended out being impressed with a reading someone was doing for her because of what I said to her. She stopped being confrontational and left with something helpful.

You believe some things so strongly that no matter what others think, you are not affected. If someone was convinced you were purple, would you think you were? How much would that affect you?

Figure out what you believe and LIVE it and you will not be so affected by others. You might be more comfortable changing your spreads or way of reading to reflect a little less, that truly reflects your set in stone beliefs.

Did your spreads include fortune telling? Do you believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that you and the cards can tell the future?

Figure out what you TRULY believe and LIVE it.
i didnt see anything in the orginal post that suggested anything about fortune telling...am i missing something?

Quartz Crystal

Thanks a lot for all your replies. They have given my morale a boost. I'll make sure no one affects me that way again.
Thanks once again....:))

direwolf336

214red said:
i would say it affected your readings because you allowed that persons negative views to affect it.

I agree...We allow ourself the discomfort that someone can bring with negative vibes...Its hard not to sometimes, but if you have a firm grasp on what you believe and stay focused on your readings, that should go away.... or just throw the guy out....that should work too:> (joke)

Jason

Grizabella

Do Negative people influence one's readings?

Yes, if you let them rattle you. But they're influencing you, not the actual readings themselves. Their influence on your readings is indirect. And if you cultivate the belief that they're going to influence your readings, then you'll set yourself up to never get over that.

You can train yourself that negative people will influence your readings in the other direction, though. You can train yourself to get more confident and powerful if a negative person enters the picture.

It's really a matter of just getting a lot of experience and learning to trust yourself, bottom line.