Tarot Stickers

daniL

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy small stickers of the Rider Waite deck? It would be so handy to have peel off stickers for my journal when recording readings. (I have found one site, but I think it is Swiss....) Thank-you!

shadowdancer

what a good idea! Never thought of that

Davina

Manda

That would be so clever, and I would buy a ton of them. Someone should get on that! :grin:

Astraea Aurora

Hi daniL,

I'm not aware of any RWS stickers out there.

I don't know if you want the stickers as visual reminders or simply as one way to know which cards you've drawn. If it's the latter may I suggest using abbreviations instead of mini pictures? I use Roman numerals for the Major Arcana, Latin numbers for the pips, P, Kn, Q, K for Page, Knight, Queen, King and Wd, Sw, Ch, P for Wands, Swords, Chalices, Pentacles. Save you lots of time (instead of writing the complete names) and lots of money (instead of stickers).

Astraea Aurora :grin:

keltic

tarot stickers would be beautiful, but I think it would get expensive at some point, especially if you're doing a daily draw. How about using the stickers that you use for price tags at a tag sale or yard sale? you could get plenty of those and write the abreviations on them yourself, then put them in your journal. I think you can get them in different colors too. get a little creative and you could color the white ones yourself, use a calligraphy pen to write the abbreviations, etc.

canid

Hey, what a great idea! No reason you can't make your own using label paper. Comes in all shapes & sizes.

daniL

Thanks all for those good ideas. Yes, I thought about making my own.....maybe I'm just being lazy....no,no, no,time saving! But coloured little stickers of the cards would just be so pretty!!

WalesWoman

What a great idea!

I've got a thermal transfer vinyl printer/cutter for making stickers, either using white or clear sticky vinyl or "cling" vinyl (which could be used over and over again)... the price would depend on how big the stickers were, my costs run about $15-$20 a square foot. I'm not sure how much space a mini-RWS deck would use, but it would be neat to find out.

But that's kind of moot at the moment since I'm waiting for it to come back from the repair shop, the print head needed replaced... they've had it almost a month already and parts have to come from Japan.

SarahRose

What a fantastic idea! I am inspired to do this myself, I think.

Either that or the idea of the garage sale stickers.

For now, I "code" with colors and abbreviations. I'll draw out the layout with little rectangles and write "2S" or "World" or "6P" or "KnS" etc. My purple is Majors, red i wands, orange is swords, green is pents and blue is cups. I color the little squares and then underline the names when I list the cards and what I'm thinking about them.

I adore the idea, though.

What's the Swiss site you found?

{k}

i know you can get blank A4 sized sheets over here for printing labels for video tapes, cds, etc. they're sticky and can be used on any printer.

look into it, might be a cheap and easy way for printing your own stickers!

kat

edited to add:
i've found the company i was talking bout online.

http://www.averyproducts.com.au/avery/en_au/Products/Labels/Mailing-Labels/_/dimensions-38-1-x-21-2-mm/_/?N=4294967266+4294966753&Ns=Rank|0||Product%20Number|1

these are quite small but if you browse the website you'll find any size..

eta again:
just realized canid had the same idea before me ;)