Which is stronger : The Trine? or the Sextile?

Maggiemay

About those two aspects ( trine & sextile), I have heard and read everything and its opposite!

My current understanding is that even though the trine feels more 'organic', the sextile is certainly more 'dynamic' and therefore a stronger aspect.

By 'strong' I mean to say, that one is more likely to use a sextile productively whereas the trine aspect often gets 'ignored'.

How do you look at these two aspects?

Just curious,

Maggie :)

tarotlyn

Maggie, I wouldn't say that the trine gets "ignored"...I would say that it is such an
"EASY" and positive (good luck) aspect that usually just BRINGS good things TO YOU...

...and therefore one doesn't have to exert themselves very much...tends to
make you think that things will always turn out okay somehow...
I have a LOT of grand trines in my chart so I know. Things just come to me easily. (I am living the "trines)

Whereas, I usually have to be more actively pursing my sextiles (opportunities)!
Hope that makes sense!
Blessings of Light and Peace!
:):heart:tarotlyn

Minderwiz

A sextile is half a trine. Traditionally the trine is stronger than the sextile. If you picture a chart with the Ascendant at 0 Leo, a sinister trine takes you to Sagittarius the day rulership of the greater benefic Jupiter.

Now consider the Ascendant at zero Cancer. A dexter trine takes you to Pisces, the night rulership of the greater Benefic Jupiter.

Don't forget that the Sun is stronger in day charts and the Moon in night charts. So both are appropriately linked by trine to the House of Jupiter.

If you do the same with sextiles, you come to the houses of the lesser benefic, Venus. Libra sinister sextile to the Sun, and Taurus, dexter sextile to the Moon. Libra is Venus' rulership by Day and Taurus by night.

They are not called greater and lesser beneific for nothing, it's the aspect that determines this. The trine is greater and the sextile is lesser.

Both aspects are weaker than Oppositions and Squares. The oppositions of Leo are Aquarius, and of Cancer, Capricorn. Both ruled by the Greater Malefic Saturn. The corresponding squares are Scorpio and Aries, the signs of the lesser Malefic Mars.

Maggiemay

Dear tarotlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your post makes absolute sense to me. Great stuff!
One of these days though, you'll have to tell me how it feels to have a bunch of trines in a chart! I'm DYING to know!!!! LOL

Maggiemay

Minderwiz,

Thanks for the explanation. I'll go to sleep a little less ignorant tonight.

tarotlyn

Maggiemay said:
Dear tarotlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Your post makes absolute sense to me. Great stuff!
One of these days though, you'll have to tell me how it feels to have a bunch of trines in a chart! I'm DYING to know!!!! LOL

This will give you a GOOD idea of what is like to have grand trines in your chart:

...well as I said ...life is GOOD and BASICALLY EASY and LUCKY for me...

I do also have to face life's challenges, like eveyone else, such as death, etc.

...but it just makes everything SMOOTHER along the way for people...
...depending on the planets involved with the trine...

Most of my planets are involved in grand trines...

Six out of 10 of my planets/lights are in "direct" (and close orb) grand trine spects,
and two other of my planets/lights are in good aspects to my grand trines making
EIGHT of my 10 planets/lights affected by grand trines = a very EASY LUCKY & BLESSED LIFE :heart:

Now, I have only 1 square and 1 opposition in my chart...thank God or I would
probably just sit around on my bu_t and let everything come to me...but the
square and oppositon keep me involved and productive!!!

The chart shows what "potentials and experiences" you are to have here on
planet earth before you cross back over to "The Other Side.":heart:

...Let me give you a little example of the easiness of my trines:
I really wanted the particular antique white wicker set (georgous and rare set)
I saw on ebay. The seller said NO SHIPPING...that she WOULD NOT SHIP the set
under ANY circumstances. So I just waited a week and a half and I
contacted the seller again...and then she decided to ship it to me.
I just received a call from greyhound shipping that all three HUGE boxes are
here and I can go and pick them up and THEY will HELP me get it on all my truck.

Why that is an example of my grand trines, is because an impossible situation
always truns in my favor "if" I want it to. I just think about what I want
and the next thing you know, I am doing it or getting what I want. Comes EASILY to me!

Another example: (I have trillions of examples..too many for this page)
Whenever (anytime in my life) I have had any kind of car accident or "ANY" problem,
I am always miraculously saved by being in the right place at the right time when
it happened...know what I mean? ...right in front of a mechanics shop or
where there was a "safe" person that took care of things for me...etc.
I am always so very BLESSED and PROTECTED and LUCKY...

$ speaking:
My parents have money and I always had everything I ever wanted.
My husband was an electrical engineer (before getting sick) and gave me everything...
...and now I get a LARGE income even though he is very sick...and after he
is gone I will still get that...so $ wise...I have never had to worry...
House is paid off...car is paid off...I have no $ worries right now...
and I am still young.

And when I thought I was going to have to worry about $, it turned out that
I ended up GETTING MORE each month...it is just the grand trines helping me all the time!:)
...and for that I am very grateful to God for putting the trines there for me in the first place.:heart:

Maggiemay

God Almighty!

It's very honest of you to tell it like it is. Usually, those that are very blessed spend their time finding something to complain about, out of guilt! LOL

As I read your post, I couldn't help but realize how the grand trine aspect in your chart truly is a blessing.

I suppose you have good Karma from your previous lives. Sometimes, it is just that simple.

Thank you so much for sharing and furthering my understanding of that aspect. For you see, I have 1 or 2 trines in my chart and never really paid any attention to them, always thinking it was 'small potatoes'.

God Bless,

tarotlyn

...lol...a trine can bring you the BIG potatoes! :laugh:

...forgive please...I am silly tonight! LOL

Maggiemay

tarotlyn said:
...lol...a trine can bring you the BIG potatoes! :laugh:

...forgive please...I am silly tonight! LOL

LOL! You're too much! :)

I may not have a grand trine but I've got plenty Silly!!!!!! :grin:

Maggie : The Square girl! :(