Animal Wise...the white package!

HearthCricket

I finally succumbed to purchasing this deck, in the new white box, and it arrived today! I love it! I am so glad to have it without the pink borders (I love pink, but not on cards like this). I spent a good deal of time shuffling it and asked "Who is walking with me, right now?" Magpie came up. Perfect! I need to read up on it, from the book, but it says "Proper Use of Secret Knowledge". How appropriate for me, right now, as I am reading a books on the history of Cunningfolk in England, as well as the history of Grimoires, so everything is about secret knowledge and how others in the world viewed such things. We have no Magpies here, but are they not from the crow family? Raven is a fairly new totem to me, this past late early spring, so maybe it is all in the family! Anyhow, I love this deck and highly recommend the white version to anyone who was turned off of it because of the pink borders!!

celticnoodle

sounds lovely, HC! this is a deck I am thinking about myself, but have yet to purchase. I keep looking at it though! :D yes, magpies are related to the crow though they are also thought to be related to the Blue Jay too, I think. they are lovely birds, magpies.

a cunning and intelligent bird, the magpie is also very much a daredevil bird too! they tease eagles and other larger birds often--I think to impress their other magpie 'buddies'. if magpie is indeed your totem for now, it can be that he is telling you to not fear taking risks.

the magpie can also be telling you that there are some spirits around you. not just human spirits, but fairies, (and, I know you like the fairies!) or gnomes, dragons, goblins, unicorns, etc. so pay attn. to that message too! magpie may be trying to help you make the connection to them all.

magpies are prophets--and are magical birds. they generally indicate great spiritual protection to those they are with. so, this is a great totem to have! watch and see if you are able to make contact with any spirits--human, fairy or otherwise--while having magpie with you.

magpies also tend to show up to help you with family or friends and the relationship you share with them. given the fact that you are troubled about your mom's health--it can be that magpie is here to help you learn and grow from this experience as well. I have read before that to communicate with the magpie it is best to do so with chanting, singing, playing certain musical instruments--such as the flute, or drumming and also dancing--and again, this sounds very appropriate for you, as I do recall you making your own drum and other musical instruments. so sounds to me like the last few mos. or so where you really began to get interested in drumming and other things of this like was to prepare you for this totem! One wonderful thing to know about this totem is that the people they are totems too generally have wide interests--and again, this seems to really fit what I know of you (through AT)--but also that they are generally very successful in everything as well! nice to know, eh? oh, and they are generally linked with medicine people! I know for awhile you were searching and learning alot about the Celtic Shamanism--so maybe magpie is coming to you for all these reasons! keep us posted please.

HearthCricket

Cool! I love Blue Jays, but recently have been experiencing crows and ravens in real life and dreams, so wondered...

Also neat about Magpie as a totem and spirits as I talked about all this in another post. Using instruments like clapping sticks, my drum, rattle and the sound of wooden runes being shook. And connecting to a faun figurine, fairies and gnomes, now! Also the elements, mostly trees (where birds nest) and wind (what birds fly in)! The connections are there. I am just super pleased with this new version. I have had on hands experience with the pink one and those borders just gave it a cheesy look, whereas the white with a soft dove-grey miny border accents them in a more gentle way. Excellent purchase and glad I finally did it!

eta~I just read up in Andrews' book. Magpies are related to crows and ancient witchcraft and magicians, and were often seen as their familiars, so I am on the right track from the start in making the connection to the books I have recently been delving into. And working with my ancestors. Hmm...I wonder if there was a Cunningfolk somewhere way back that is trying to reach me, from my own ancestry?!!

faunabay

Do you still have the pink bordered deck to compare the two? I'm curious because I think I heard somewhere that he changed some cards.
The pink borders really don't bother me too much, but if some of the pictures of the animals are better I'd like to get the new one.

HearthCricket

faunabay said:
Do you still have the pink bordered deck to compare the two? I'm curious because I think I heard somewhere that he changed some cards.
The pink borders really don't bother me too much, but if some of the pictures of the animals are better I'd like to get the new one.

I don't. It was never mine, but rather owned by one of the readers I went to, who after doing a reading with the Voyager would have her clients shuffle the Animal Wise deck and pick any card which would be their present guide. One day while she was waiting for clients I asked if I could see the deck, so that was my opportunity to play with it for about half an hour! The pink just turned me off. And I like pink! Do you know what cards were changed? I could always do a scan if you have anyone in particular you think was changed. I wonder, too, if there is a website that shows pics of both decks. Let me know!

WolfSpirit

faunabay said:

Yes I have both decks - he did change some of the cards, and for the better I think, but the differences are not overwhelming.
For a few cards he picked another photo, and for some photos he focused more on the animal, so the animal is a bit bigger and there is less background.
I like the borders and the crisper look of the new deck. I love my old pink deck because it feels so used and soft as velvet :)

faunabay

WolfSpirit said:
Yes I have both decks - he did change some of the cards, and for the better I think, but the differences are not overwhelming.
For a few cards he picked another photo, and for some photos he focused more on the animal, so the animal is a bit bigger and there is less background.
I like the borders and the crisper look of the new deck. I love my old pink deck because it feels so used and soft as velvet :)
Ok, so it doesn't seem he's changed much then. Because I don't really want to own two of them, and I'm fine with the pink one. (shrug)

Maybe one of these days I'll see if I can find one of the new ones in person too. See what I think then, but for now, after what you've said, I think I'm sticking with my pink one. :)