PDA

View Full Version : Venus sextile Neptune?

enchanted spirit
04-06-2009, 01:04
What does that mean?

I get the MSN hororsopes (or horrorscopes as I like to call them), and they're pretty bad most of the time, but I just get it for fun. So now I get this ad that next week Venus will be sextile Neptune and that I should be worried. Well, only if I don't pay to get them to analyze my relationship. LOL Now I'm curious, why would that be a concern anyway? Hmmmm . . .

Ooooh, off-topic (somewhat). My horrorscope says I am getting a new pet today! I have 3 cats, a dog, a gazillion geckos, a snake, and a hedgehog! I think NOT. Well, unless it's a collie. I really would like to have a collie. LOL

Minderwiz
04-06-2009, 05:36
Well as a traditional Astrologger I don't use Neptune, so in answer to your first question ifs 'Not a lot'.

Others no doubt will tell you that there may be some obscuring of relationships, or fantasies about your relationships, or indeed a time of sex, drugs, rock 'n' roll.

In answer to your second point, published horoscopes are based on the idea that all Geminis (substitute your own sign) are born at dawn and thus have Gemini (repeat your own sign) rising.

So Gemini (or whatever your sign) is your first house. For the issue of pets, there's something going on in your sixth house (Scorpio for Gemini's) and rather than come up with a sixth house comment such as you are going to be ill. They will choose a more anodyne interpretation such as something to do with pets. (also sixth house.

Now the 'something going on in Scorpio' will be fourth house for a Sun sigh Cancer. or a seventh house for a Sun sign Taurus. So the writer of the column tries to give a relevant meaning. Such as for a Taurus 'You are going to get a new partner' or 'romance is in the air'

Now if these two quotes from your 'horrorscope' are from the same day or indeed week, I could probably tell you what your birth sign is. But my general comment would be Sun signs are a bit of fun, but rarely amount to anything more. Don't take them seriously.

Maggiemay
04-06-2009, 09:45
So now I get this ad that next week Venus will be sextile Neptune and that I should be worried.

I get it too! Just for the heck of it. LOL

That being said, I just wanted to tell you that usually a sextile aspect is rather encouraging to begin with...so no worries there.

Well as a traditional Astrologger I don't use Neptune, so in answer to your first question ifs 'Not a lot'.

Minderwiz,

I'm just curious :

When you say that you don't use Neptune, does that mean that you attribute the Neptunian characteristics to another planet?

I mean to say; when it comes to everything subliminal and what not... Where do you re-assign all these energies? (especially since you do not use Pluto...LOLOLOL!)

Thanks,

Maggie :)

enchanted spirit
05-06-2009, 05:09
Now if these two quotes from your 'horrorscope' are from the same day or indeed week, I could probably tell you what your birth sign is. But my general comment would be Sun signs are a bit of fun, but rarely amount to anything more. Don't take them seriously.

Okay, I'll play! The Venus business seemed like next week. Yesterday I was supposed to get a new pet (I did not!). Today I am supposed to have a romantic evening at home (tricky since I am currently very single!) and discover a new interest/hobby that I am passionate about. I'm a teacher, and I have tarot, and a lot of pets. I don't NEED another hobby! LOL So, based on that, what do you think my sun sign is? Hmmmm . . .

I put no stock in those horrorscopes, I just find them amusing. Years ago I had an enlightening experience regarding this "one size fits all" predictions. I had been up all night with a sick baby who had snotted, spit medicine, and puked on me. I had cleaned myself up as best I could with an inconsolable feverish baby, but you know, it wasn't pretty. So, in the morning my mom came over and I passed the baby to her and got a cup of coffee and a bite to eat before I hit the shower. I was checking out the newspaper when I noticed my horrorscope . . . "Today you are at your personal best." . . . OMG! I said, "Well, this is it, exhausted, frazzled, crusty with baby puke, snot, and medicine, this IS my personal best." Sigh.