Doing readings when you are sick

mysticangel_001

I am wondering if other people have noticed a difference in their ability to connect with the cards when they are sick? Do you find that the cards seem to come out all jumbled and not really make sense or am I just weird? LOL

I don't know if this is actually happening or if I am just feeling that being sick is creating a barrier? Right now I am dealing with pneumonia and I have had a couple friends ask me for readings. The cards I have drawn have not seemed to make sense for the question asked. I warn people before I do the readings that I am not guarenteeing anything at this point and if it doesn't sound right then ignore it.

Wingéd Mermaid

You know I came here and was about to post the SAME question! I wasn't very ill, but ill enough over the weekend. Mostly stomach stuff. I did a reading and it seemed to be a very good one but it didn't come to pass in that day (the day I had asked about) and just wasn't sure about it over-all.

I am interested to see if people's readings are thrown when they are sick, because I get ill (again, stomach issues) for months at a time sometimes. It would suck if I couldn't get an accurate reading for months just because of my stupid digestion system..

Briar Rose

Yeah, I can't read when I am sick. The cards are jumbled up , just like you wrote.

mysticangel_001

Well I feel 'somewhat' better knowing it isn't just me. LOL

I had a friend ask me what I got on this guy that she is interested in and my gut feeling was that he mean and was trying to embarrass her, make her feel inferior, and she said that he was the complete opposite, he was one of the kindest, most sincere men she had ever met. Hopefully I was wrong about him and she isn't going to get involved in a relationship that will hurt her.

Grizabella

Well, it's like with anything else when you're sick. You don't feel much like doing anything if you're like me, so not feeling like doing readings wouldn't be so surprising. Sometimes that's frustrating for me, though, because it's the time when I have the most time to mess around with the cards.

nisaba

When you;re sick, you;re not feeling well. When you're not feeling well, you can't help focussing on what's happening in your body. If it's the stuffy head and the snot-production and the sore throat and the waves of fever, or if it's the little sadist in your belly trying to remove your uterus with a hot iron, it'll be that getting in the way of the reading.

Homoeostasis is the reader's greatest tool.

MistressNatasha

Oh Yeah!

I hate that!

So I try the reading over and over again:
1. Thinking that it'll "work."
2. Knowing damn well that it won't because it was probably right in the first place.

mysticangel_001

Oh God, I think I just wet myself reading this. Thank you, that was the best response ever.

nisaba said:
When you;re sick, you;re not feeling well. When you're not feeling well, you can't help focussing on what's happening in your body. If it's the stuffy head and the snot-production and the sore throat and the waves of fever, or if it's the little sadist in your belly trying to remove your uterus with a hot iron, it'll be that getting in the way of the reading.

Homoeostasis is the reader's greatest tool.

Vala

When I'm ill I always draw carts to see what feelings or emotions are causing the illness. But reading for someone else when being in a bad condition... I guess you will feel if you are up to it or not.

Golden Moon

I don't know if this happens to you mysticangel_001, But when I'm sick, i'm tuned out and all I see are pictures on the cards, nothing else. My mind does not connect to the pictures nor do the cards talk to me. And when i'm straining my self, I get grumpy, fustrated when they ask me questions, I might sound selfish, but all i want is for that person to go away. For me it's a horrible feeling.