Helpful tip

Grizabella

I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Put a little stack of business cards into all the Tarot bags with your most-used decks and into any new ones you're playing around with. Then be sure to take at least one deck with you everywhere you go. If you do this, you'll always have not only a deck with you but business cards as well, both in the same handy place.

minrice

This is a great idea, I have my cards and then at least one crystal in the bag too. Lol, more stuff = larger tarot bag...

canid

Great idea! I've been tossing around ideas for designing new business cards; this'll give me impetus to get it done.

I eliminated using crystals in my bags by sewing them into the lining so they don't fall out every time you upend it.

nisaba

I always have a few business cards in my purse, and both that and a deck in my bag. They're easy enough to pull out, constantly available, and work for me. I have a feeling if I put a few business cards in each Tarot bag or wrapped up in the silks with those decks that have silks instead, not only would it be harder to maintain control of when wrapping, but on unwrapping business cards would fly out everywhere.

How many people have been trialling the idea? How does it go?

Grizabella

I've been doing it and I have no problem. I don't put wraps in the bag with the cards. I just put in a little stack of business card alongside the deck and away I go. They're both "nekkid" next to each other and if I pull out the cards, the business cards stay in the bag and vice versa. I have to pay more attention to not pull out the business cards if I want just the deck or to leave the deck if I want just business cards but it only takes a second to sort that out.

SunChariot

Here's another tip for anyone who wants it, in case it helps someone. I carry around a little reclosable case of thumbtacks I got from the dollar store in my purse near my cards....comes in really handy when you suddenly come across a bulletin board in a store and there are never any pins left over to add your card(s).

Babs

starrystarrynight

Babs, that's BRILLIANT! :D You could, actually, stick a few cards right into the case if you don't have a separate one, too--if there is room!

SunChariot

minrice said:
This is a great idea, I have my cards and then at least one crystal in the bag too. Lol, more stuff = larger tarot bag...
Glad to hear I was helpful. :heart: Even though I changed the subject on Grizabella's thread a bit, sorry Griz!

In the section with my business cards, I have a card case with my cards, a plastic case of thumbtacks, a little pad and a paper. In case I meet someone I know on my daily travels and we get to talking and they are interested in receiving my new newsletter, I can take down their e-mail. I try to be ready for anything. LOL

Babs

Satori

At one health fair I attended I saw a woman passing out Tarot cards. She had put a sticker with her personal information on the back of the card, near the bottom. So her business card was a Tarot card with her info on the card back.

I thought that was clever.

Also, at the Reader's Studio James Wanless, creator of Voyager Tarot, had the Voyager deck, all cut into fourths. So he was using the cards as puzzle pieces (for readings) and I imagine you could do that with a deck and get further use of it, and still put the sticker on the back.

Umbrae

If you are a Professional, you'll never be in public sans deck and business cards.

Business cards carried loose in a bag will get their corners bent and end up looking tacky.

Never ever hand out a bunged up business card - it reflects upon your professionalism.

Buy a good quality business card wallet, or pocket holder. There are some real beauts out there. Never ever scrimp on your presentation. If you're a pro, be a pro.

Also, make sure your deck bag/box has a professional appearance. A Crown Royal bag looks good if you're wearing shorts and a loud south islands shirt. But if you pull it out of the pocket of a $2,000 suit, it will look tacky as hell and reflect upon your professional status. If the bag pulls out (inverts) the pocket lining of the same suit, sticking the pocket back into itself also reflects poorly upon your professional status - off the bag and use something else.

If you want to make $150 an hour...fer gawds sake dress and act like it!