I'm coming out of the Tarot closet to Mum...

minrice

My mum has been after me to show her my website because she knows about my sewing projects, and I've kind of skirted the truth about it being essentially a site dedicated to Tarot. I know she just thinks it has my projects on it. I just sent her the link so she will soon see my site in all its Tarot glory! Sample readings and everything.
*Bites nails* I am a bit anxious for her reaction, I haven't come out of the Tarot closet in six years and shared how important it is to me because she is a dedicated Christian who may not take it so well.
Wish me luck! Here's hoping I'm just not giving her enough credit!

Brigid

(((Hugs to you)))

I'm sure your mum will be delighted with your lovely site!
How could she not be when you put such love and care into your pretties! :)
*fingers crossed for you too!*

MsRubyRain

((((((Minrice))))))) May your mom be open and supportive.

The crowned one

I know many open minded Christians. I hope all will go well, give her a few bits of time to digest the information. You have respected her beliefs, and I am sure some of those fine values you display must have come from your Mom ;) so she will respect yours too! All the same : Good Luck! :D

daffyart

Been there and my family simply accepted it without even a fight. Best of luck to you and sending good energy for a happy ending!

midniteeye

did you give yourself a reading as to what your mom's reaction would be before you show her you site?

minrice

Yes, I've read the cards at least a few times regarding the situation. Always when I'm contemplating telling her about it and how it fits into my future goals and plans! I think I've even had others read on it for me, and before it just hasn't seemed like the right time. It appears to be as good a time as any now, I didn't get anything that stood out to me as don't do it!

nisaba

Well ... good luck. Let us know afterwards how it went.

BodhiSeed

(((Minrice:heart:)))
Well if your mom is anything like her daughter, I'm sure her religious beliefs won't get in the way of her support and encouragement for you.:)

minrice

All she said was that Tarot cards "weren't her thing"...and that she was very proud of me :) Turns out it wasn't nearly as big a deal as it was in my head. That'll teach me. Come to think of it I think I have been told I don't give people enough credit. A candid, but insightful, friend of mine once told me that...
Thank you for the support everyone! :love: It feels good to be out, lol.