"Field Trips" for card study

hunter

I'm using the Runic Tarot, so my major arcana is the runes and I have been reading some really interesting runes articles that can be applied to my Runic Tarot and all tarot in general.

http://www.realmagick.com/articles/95/2195.html

The above article advocates taking field trips as part of studying each rune. For The Sun (Sowilo) he suggests: "Take a walk in the sunshine. Sunbathe. Go to the beach! 'Here comes the Sun!' "

I think this is a really good idea. We read book after book of meanings for the cards, trying to absorb someone else's journey. Sometimes we need to concentrate on our own journey more.

Watch a documentary on the sun, read a children's book, walk in the sun. EXPERIENCE sun and our reading of that card will be richer.

Maybe people can come up with some field trip ideas. If there is interest, it might be nice to organize the info into an article.

214red

there are some schools of thought that say that you should live through tarot cards regardless of the type of tarot cards. i was advised to try it, and i got the 4 of cups so i sat under a tree and grounded, and it worked i felt connected and revitilised

Umbrae

hunter said:
...We read book after book of meanings for the cards, trying to absorb someone else's journey. Sometimes we need to concentrate on our own journey more...

Hallelujah – Sing it loud!

morticia monroe

Another Amen.