PDA

View Full Version : More for the collection...

HearthCricket
12-06-2009, 09:06
Today the daughter of the owner of the local store gave me a ring to let me know some new stones had come in, so I quickly zoomed over to claim anything that grabbed me and came home with these goodies.

Chestnut Jasper
Power Jasper
Seraphanite
Lapis Lazuli
Obsidian Heart
Ruby
Portal Jasper

I also bought a sphere, but will photograph that tomorrow, as it is getting rainy and dark out, here! But here are my new babies! I love them and since they had not received any new crystals since November, it was a double treat to finally see some fresh stuff!

celticnoodle
12-06-2009, 10:58
quite beautiful, HC! very nice buy there! :)

MCsea
12-06-2009, 18:05
How exciting - new babies!

lovely

thank you so much for sharing

MARINA

Alta
12-06-2009, 22:07
I adore lapis and that is a lovely piece of it!

HearthCricket
12-06-2009, 22:28
I adore lapis and that is a lovely piece of it!

Me, too, and I only have one other piece, plus a lapis heart. I really lucked out. The store rarely gets crystals in, anymore, and they even have some that have been hanging around since 2006. All is on consignment, so I can't understand why they don't just have the woman come and exchange it all for something fresh since most pieces are not selling. Anyhow, they know I have been waiting since November for something "new" and called me immediately after she dropped of the latest goodies to the store. I was able to go right in before they even entered it into inventory, but they wanted me too. Usually the best stones are picked out by all the employees and the customers get left with slim pickings, which is rather frustrating to say the least. I am so glad I got first claim for a change! I love jasper, I had asked for the obsidian heart, but the lapis was such a bonus...so big and perfect-not a scratch or rough spot on it. Definitely an altar piece for me. Now I will try and get a decent picture of the sphere I bought.

One thing I noticed is thought I love pastel colours and stones, I went all for darkish, autumn like colours. I am not sure why, but it will work out nicely when I redo my altar late summer, which is not that far away, as my summer seems to be flying by!

HearthCricket
12-06-2009, 22:48
This photographed better than I thought it would. It is Golden Sheen Obsidian. It looks like a dark planet. The top and bottom have this wonderful golden sheen to it and the middle is black, but throughout it has little white specks in the stone that look like moons or some kind of space matter orbiting the sphere. I love it! And it is fairly large, being 3 1/2 inches in diameter. Woohoo! Great and original find! :)

Alta
12-06-2009, 22:53
That is impressive. I have never seen anything like that and I see what you mean about it looking planetary.

Alta

MsRubyRain
13-06-2009, 02:07
Wow HC! Beautiful finds!

morticia monroe
13-06-2009, 09:58
Love them all, HC, but I'm all about that seraphinite. :) Luscious.

HearthCricket
13-06-2009, 11:58
Love them all, HC, but I'm all about that seraphinite. :) Luscious.

It is cool, isn't it? It is my first piece of seraphanite, so it was a good add to my collection. Same with the ruby. I have a few pieces, but they are much smaller. All I orignally wanted was the obsidian heart and asked them to try and get me one. I didn't expect a treasure! The best thing is most of the pieces were under 10.00 (except the sphere and lapis) so it was affordable!

firefrost
13-06-2009, 18:09
I love your sphere - definitely looks like you have your own planetary system!

Cactus Dahlia
14-06-2009, 16:38
Your Lapis Lazuli is truly beautiful. I visited a fairly large crystal shop today and none of the Lapis Lazuli I saw there was anything like as nice as your piece IMO. :)

HearthCricket
24-06-2009, 21:23
More new goodies for the collection!

Rainbow obsidian, golden obsidian, amethyst cluster, celestite, amber!!

Dusk Till Dawn
24-06-2009, 22:52
Wonderful stones you have! You should be careful placing the celestite near any other stones, since it is a powerful stone, it will suck the others energy out quickly.

minrice
28-06-2009, 14:35
Very pretty Hearthcricket! I love your photos, it always gives me an idea of what I want next...I credit you and Morticia Monroe with turning me on to crystals ;)