PDA

View Full Version : 406 error...

moderndayruth
17-06-2009, 09:41
I couldn't log in all day long yesterday and it seems it has something to do with the browser, i was using explorer and than couple of minutes aho i downloaded mozilla firefox and - voila - here i am! :D
I've heard of another "case" where member had mozilla, couldn't log in with it and than managed to log in with explorer... weird :confused:
Anyway, its good to be logged in finally! :D :party:

Baroli
17-06-2009, 10:30
I couldn't log in all day long yesterday and it seems it has something to do with the browser, i was using explorer and than couple of minutes aho i downloaded mozilla firefox and - voila - here i am! :D
I've heard of another "case" where member had mozilla, couldn't log in with it and than managed to log in with explorer... weird :confused:
Anyway, its good to be logged in finally! :D :party:

YAY!! I missed you! Glad you are back!!

Mystic_Blue_Jay
17-06-2009, 10:43
I had the same problem too. I couldn't get on last night because I kept getting that 406 error. And I have Firefox installed in my computer and I didn't think to use it. >.< D'oh!

I also tried to log on with my DSi, and it uses Opera software for its browser. I kept getting a message that the server was unable to process the request or something like that.

Fortunately, it seems to be working with IE tonight for me. ::knocks on wood::

Debra
17-06-2009, 11:35
It was the forum, not your browsers. I tried it with both Firefox and IE, and cleared cache, deleted cookies, ran antivirus scans, changed security settings, etc etc. A lot of people were locked out and other glitches showed up for those who were active on the forum.

franniee
17-06-2009, 11:39
Whooooo hoooo finally!!! :thumbsup: Missed you here. :heart:

Mystic_Blue_Jay
17-06-2009, 13:01
It was the forum, not your browsers. I tried it with both Firefox and IE, and cleared cache, deleted cookies, ran antivirus scans, changed security settings, etc etc. A lot of people were locked out and other glitches showed up for those who were active on the forum.
It may be so... I wouldn't doubt it for a minute, given the server crash a few weeks back (or was it about more than a month ago?). However, I was having a problem with my computer earlier and had logged on using my Mother's computer. Her computer still has Internet Explorer 7. There was no problem on her computer. I went to log on to the forum using my computer (the earlier issue seems to have cleared up), and I have IE 8, and I'm still getting that 406 message with IE 8. I've been able to log on using FireFox. :confused:

Solandia
17-06-2009, 16:31
It is a forum issue, which I'm working on fixing. Some people seem to be able to get around it using a different browser - for example, I can get here using Firefox but Internet Explorer won't work.

Sorry for the troubles, hopefully everyone will be able to visit here normally again soon.

~ Solandia

Dancing Bear
17-06-2009, 18:17
I am IE 7 .
I havent had any problems..

other than a few weeks back but all solved now, It was problems my end.

Hope it gets sorted soon !

Cactus Dahlia
17-06-2009, 18:38
I haven't been able to log in or even see the forum page for the last couple of days with my usual browser, Firefox. Just a blank screen when I clicked on 'forum'.

Then I decided to try other browsers and hey presto - here I am. I've found IE 7 is ok, Opera is ok and Safari is ok. But, I still can't get onto the forum with Firefox. Wierd! But it's great to be back.

When I was trying to fix the problem I found a message that told me how often I logged in to AE. It was huge!! Just goes to show how addictive this place is. :)

Astraea Aurora
17-06-2009, 21:40
I had the same problem. Was using IE (probably 6, don't know) and nothing worked. Now I use Mozilla and suddenly I'm here again. It feels so good to be back!

Astraea Aurora :grin:

moderndayruth
18-06-2009, 04:34
When I was trying to fix the problem I found a message that told me how often I logged in to AE. It was huge!! Just goes to show how addictive this place is. :)
:D :D :D
Lol, Cactus, i was also really upset during those 48h that i couldn't log in!

I had the same problem. Was using IE (probably 6, don't know) and nothing worked. Now I use Mozilla and suddenly I'm here again. It feels so good to be back!

Astraea Aurora :grin:
Yay, welcome bak AA!!! :party: :D :heart:
It does feel good to log in here, doesn't it? ;)

Franniee, dear, thank you for all your help, i appreciate it very much! :love:

roppo
18-06-2009, 13:15
In my case, IE8 of the VISTA HOME Premium gets 406 error.
IE7 of the XP Professional (now I'm using) has no problem.

added info:

Firefox was installed onto VISTA but no good: just a white page.
Google Chrome is OK in VISTA(now I'm using).

moderndayruth
18-06-2009, 19:23
In my case, IE8 of the VISTA HOME Premium gets 406 error.
IE7 of the XP Professional (now I'm using) has no problem.
Good! :thumbsup: I currently use firefox portable for AT and IE7 for everything else :D

Cactus Dahlia
18-06-2009, 19:59
It seems to me that the browser each of us was using viewing the forum when the glitch (?) occurred has been affected, no matter the browser, and that is why we can access the forum using a different browser from our usual one.

For example, I can't use my normal browser, Firefox, to view the forum, but can use Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer users can't view the forum with their normal IE version, but can use a different IE version or Firefox, etc, etc.

That's what I've deduced reading about everyones' experiences. :lightbulb Now, if I only knew the fix :!: hmmmm ...

Does anyone have a different experience to blow my theory to pieces?

moderndayruth
18-06-2009, 20:38
It seems to me that the browser each of us was using viewing the forum when the glitch (?) occurred has been affected, no matter the browser, and that is why we can access the forum using a different browser from our usual one.

For example, I can't use my normal browser, Firefox, to view the forum, but can use Internet Explorer.
Internet Explorer users can't view the forum with their normal IE version, but can use a different IE version or Firefox, etc, etc.

That's what I've deduced reading about everyones' experiences. :lightbulb Now, if I only knew the fix :!: hmmmm ...

Cactus, i am too pc illiterate to prove or disapprove your theory... yet i asked my ToP whether your theory is sustainable... and it seems that it is! :D
I'll post the readig in YR subforum ;)

ETA: here it is http://tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=1884154#post1884154
FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY :D

janee
18-06-2009, 20:53

From what I am reading about this problem I reckon you are right on here and I am really lucky to get my computer to let me use it at the best of times so how to fix.........ha ha.

Alta
18-06-2009, 23:19
Solandia said that many browsers would have cached the error page and give it when using the address eben after the error is fixed. I think that is why changing browsers gets people back in, the new browser hasn't saved the error page.

Clear all history pages, cache, cookies etc and I gather that usually clears the problem.

moderndayruth
18-06-2009, 23:37
Solandia said that many browsers would have cached the error page and give it when using the address eben after the error is fixed. I think that is why changing browsers gets people back in, the new browser hasn't saved the error page.

Clear all history pages, cache, cookies etc and I gather that usually clears the problem.

I did all of that prior to downloading firefox, it didn't work for me :(

WinterRose
19-06-2009, 00:19

Works OK on Safari....

starrystarrynight
19-06-2009, 04:33
I still can't get in using Mozilla (my regular browser.) I'm here via IE.

Good idea, Alta, about clearing the cache and history. I'm going to try that as soon as I leave here. (Hope it works because I really dislike Internet Explorer.)

Edited to Add:

Yay! I just cleared my cache and cookies on Mozilla, and I can get in through it again. Sweet.

zannamarie
19-06-2009, 06:21
Been a long, long time since I tried another browser, but trying to get back into the forum on a screen bigger than the one on my phone gave me incentive to try. :D

Glad to be back in. :)

gregory
19-06-2009, 06:30

*blows*

I never log out - and I have been able to get in throughout. :P Firefox and iE 7. And that was even on a crap dialup. Clearing out etc seems to help. I think if the last time you came here you hit a dead page, that is what your browser remembers.

Lavandula
19-06-2009, 12:25
I don't know why, but that seems to make sense.

My usual browser, Safari only worked again after clearing the cache and cookies. Firefox always worked fine.

Cactus Dahlia
19-06-2009, 12:57

*blows*
I never log out - and I have been able to get in throughout. Firefox and iE 7. And that was even on a crap dialup. Clearing out etc seems to help. I think if the last time you came here you hit a dead page, that is what your browser remembers.

I've just cleared out my browser's history pages etc. as you both suggested and I'm back on the forum with my fav browser. Thanks so much. :thumbsup:

Mystic_Blue_Jay
06-07-2009, 04:32
I'm still getting the 406 error in IE 8, even though I cleared everything (cookies, history, etc.). I can only access the forum on my computer through Firefox.

gregory
06-07-2009, 04:59
I always knew iE was the work of the devil :D It has never been OK since version 6..... and 8 is the PITS.

zannamarie
07-07-2009, 09:36
I'm reading this right now in IE8.
Haven't had any problems since I cleared everything.

Wendywu
14-07-2009, 02:30
My laptop won't let me in - I get the 406 error We've tried everything. Luckily I can get in with the netbook but typing with this miniscule keyboard is killing me :(

gregory
14-07-2009, 03:18
It seems to be acting up again like last time. I've emailed Solandia - I expect many have....

Wendywu
14-07-2009, 06:27
Cheers gregory