making my own tarot jewellery - anyone else done similar?

shadowdancer

I can't claim this as my own idea, having seen it elsewhere.

However, I have had fun recently making my own pendants using:

** images from deck in creation (See Tarot of Innocence in creation thread for more info).
** domino
** swarovski rhinestones (usually for nail art but boy they come in useful for other projects :) )

a couple have yet to be laminated and stuck to the domino.

The cord I came across today for the first time in a haberdasher and bought a selection to use.

Great fun :)

I guess I was wondering if anyone else has created unusual tarot related craftwork?

Davina

PS they came out a little grainy mainly due to my camera operating and the fact I only just photographed them at nighttime (not the best time I know....)

Attachments

• Img_6619a.jpg
    Img_6619a.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Img_6616a.jpg
    Img_6616a.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 112
  • Img_6621a.jpg
    Img_6621a.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 104

Ashtaroot

I just wanted to say those are very nice shadowdancer :thumbsup:

Rev_Vesta

Hi.....

I want one....

I noticed you in CHCH...... I am in Hawkes Bay.....

How much including postage plse?

Would love High Priestess one.....plse?

Thanx..

Vesta

shadowdancer

Hi Rev_Vesta. :)

Nice to see a fellow NZ member here. I guess it is only slightly warmer on the North Island at the moment, now winter has well and truly arrived. I had a brief visit to the Hawkes Bay area when I visited Napier and Hastings last year.

To be honest, I haven't made any with a view to selling them. The winter months here have inspired me to be a little craft orientated when it has been too cold/wet to venture outside. If they were to be sold in the future (and that would be dependant on the finished deck and how it is received, Steve's thoughts etc) I would want to really make sure they were of a better quality and standard if that makes sense. These are my first attempt and I have to say, I am still learning with it. (For example, I forgot to take one off before heading for the shower, and the water found the tiny corner which was not quite sealed.

Thanks for the interest though - it may be something to consider in the future for sure.

Davina

Rev_Vesta

Hi Davina,
When you do finally get happy with the results, please keep me in mind.......?

I would love one...

If you get up back to Hawkes Bay..... give us a yell.....

Vesta

cardlady22

Davina, these are amazing! How was it drilling the holes? I've had an idea about using the ShrinkyDinks or ShrinkArt material made for printers to create small charms. I'm leaning toward charm bracelets of each Tarot Constellation.

Grizabella

You have to think about copyright before you sell them, though. You can't use images and sell them without violating copyright unless you get permission in writing from the deck creator.

shadowdancer

the drilling was fun. My partner has a milling machine so after one very intense lesson I was set free to drill away :)
A pillar drill would be as good.

You are right Grizabella - I was not looking for commercial projects to be shared, just interested in instances where someone has used tarot for a personal project in a creative way.

Copyright is a huge issue and one that I would fully support in not being breached.

So, anyone got any projects to share? I know I have seen a couple here which were great. All 78 cards framed on wall being one. And Ciro's cabinet being another. Even my partners jaw dropped when he saw that one! :)

Davina

Mama Lion

Tarot Jewelry

Hello Shadowdancer,
Very nice work and yes I am doing something similar...not the same but similar. Mine are glass pendants with soldered edges. Sandwiched in between the glass are miniature card images, very much like a charm. The cord was a difficult choice for me and right now I've decided to go with silk ribbon or copper links I make myself. You've inspired me to take photos and will try to post later.

Mama Lion

minrice

Those are wonderful Shadow! I too would be tempted to buy one if you ever decided to sell.

I understand not being able to use the actual images for sales, but what if you did an interpretation? I've been toying with the idea of creating a quilt based on the quilt in the RWS 9 of Swords and raffling/auctioning it off for charity. Is that a breach of copyright?