Moon/Saturn in Scorpio...........serious???

strangebrew

A male friend of mine has Sun, Venus, and Mercury in Aries and Saggi rising.

His Moon is in Scorpio at 9deg in 10th house and his Saturn is also in Scorpio at 27deg in 11th house.

I am wondering if this is one reason for him being quite serious and inward at times. Although the planets are not conjunct, to what degree would the two planets being in the same sign affect his behaviour..

x

Minderwiz

It's always difficult to make judgements without seeing the full chart but whilst Saturn is a symbol for 'serious', planets in Saturn's signs or dignities will also take on some degree of 'severity'. The extent of that will depend on the planet and its position by sign.

So you'd also look for planets in Capricorn, Aquarius and Libra. Also to a lesser extent in Gemini (Saturn rules the Air Triplicity by day). Placements in those signs take on something of a more serious nature than their placements elsewhere.

The Moon in Scorpio in this chart is interesting. It is in detriment in Scorpio, so it has some essential weknessl. As the Moon is above the horizon in the tenth and the Sun is below the horizon in Aries, the Moon gains strength being in a night chart, being above the horizon and being in a nocturnal sign. This does a lot to boost the Moon in your friend's chart. Some versions of Ptolemy's triplicity rulerships give the Moon rulership of the Water triplicity by night - so that would add even more strength.

Given the gap between them, I would not see the Moon and Saturn affecting each other's behaviour. Unless he works for a public sector organisation or supra government organisation (also eleventh). Moon in the tenth suggests a career involving the public can work best, such as public relations, information services, publcity, etc.

Much really depends on the rest of the chart and especially if there's more angular planets as well as the Moon.

strangebrew

Many thanks for your input, it was most helpful as usual :)

Yes i felt the gap lessened the significance, which probably gives just a slight tinge of somberness at times, rather than downright gloom :)

He is actually studying to become a teacher, so will be working with people...this will be good i feel.

Thanks again!

:)