Chakra Stones?

Kahlan

Hi all - I'm new around here and to studying Tarot but I have always been drawn to various rocks, gems, and crystals. Poking around the internet with the all mighty google, I came across several sites that sell "chakra kits" with different varieties and combinations of stones.

I'm wondering if anyone has a set of chakra stones, and what is in the collection. I don't have any particular use in mind.. but I feel it would be nice to have some just to keep around.

MCsea

Kahlan,
Chakra stones - great question! I usually go off the colour, but have beent o healers that draw upon different crystals to the colours listed below..

Red Root Energy and passion
Orange Sacrum Joy and creativity
Yellow Solar Plexus Personal power and intelligence
Green/pink Heart Prosperity and harmony
Blue Throat Communication
Indigo Third Eye Intuition
Violet Crown Divine connectivity
White above crown universal connectivity

In what I consider my ‘essential’ in a crystal kit are Clear Quartz (clear-white), Rose Quartz(pink), Smokey Quartz, Amethyst (Violet), Agate (all colours), Obsidian (black), Carnelian (Orange), Aventurine (green)and Fluorite(indigor and violet). These nine crystals form a workable base set for healing, manifesting, and crystal work. but I see now I ma missing yellow and blue - I do keep sodalite or lapis around so Ill add that to my kit and yellow - hmm citrine,yellow calcite had better get a move on - my agates usually have red in them.....

thanks for the post - I look forward to seeing what others have found works.

MARINA

HearthCricket

This is what I am now working with:

Red Root Energy and passion~Garnet
Orange Sacrum Joy and creativity~Carnelian
Yellow Solar Plexus Personal power and intelligence~Citrine
Green/pink Heart Prosperity and harmony~Rose Quartz
Blue Throat Communication~Blue Lace Agate
Indigo Third Eye Intuition~Sodalite
Violet Crown Divine connectivity~Amethyst
White above crown universal connectivity~Clear Quartz Merkaba

I prefer to pick out each stone and pick up its energy so as to work with it on a more personal level. I use larger stones/crystals for meditation when working on a specific chakra.

xKam

This is a good thread for information! Those who have chakra stones would you defer from buying pre-made kits? Has anyone worked with crystals they hand-picked and pre-picked?

What did you find worked better? Haha, sorry for all of the questions.

Kahlan

Well after poking around one of the sites I found, I decided to order some tumbled stones. I did not order the kit, I have no idea if I'll do any real work with them or not... but I read a little about what the different descriptions were and chose those that I was most drawn to. I chose:
Ruby, Carnelian, Citrine, Chrysoprase, Lapis, Fluorite and Charoite. I have no idea if this is a good or bad combination.. I guess I'll find out soon enough. :) I also bought a rose quartz "palm stone" which appears to just be a bit bigger and flat.