8 of Pentacles as Persons Feelings Towards another?

maestrojay

When reading the 8 of Pentacles comes up as someones feelings toward another what does it mean?I know the 8 of pentacles is the worker/apprenticeship card so does that mean that they have to work out the feelings towards the other, or more along the lines they feel that the other person requires a lot of work?

Queeny

maestrojay said:
When reading the 8 of Pentacles comes up as someones feelings toward another what does it mean?I know the 8 of pentacles is the worker/apprenticeship card so does that mean that they have to work out the feelings towards the other, or more along the lines they feel that the other person requires a lot of work?

I think it could mean growing feelings, that is how i would read it personally.

jenessa

Could mean that their feelings are such, that they are "dedicated" to the relationship.

Grizabella

It could mean they're willing to put in the work that all relationships require if they're going to last and be successful. No relationship is without its share of work.

cerulean_lotus

secret feelings

Hi, I am not sure if this rings a bell with you, but I get the feeling that the 8 of pentacles has to do with "working out the feelings" you have for someone in secret, or keeping them hidden from that other person. I get this notion when I look at the RWS deck and see a man far away from the population and by his tree, all on his lonesome chipping away at the pentacle on his workbench.

Shebelle

I've always interpreted this as saying that he/she feels like they want to learn more about the person. A slow, steady, methodical, serious approach. I'd see it as a good card, maybe not super romantic, but speaking highly to the amount of attention and responsibility a person feels for another.

balenciaga

constant care, devoted to work at it consistently

nisaba

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Do the two people work together? If could be the other person sees the relationship simply as that of colleagues, workmates.

maestrojay

nisaba said:
I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Do the two people work together? If could be the other person sees the relationship simply as that of colleagues, workmates.

We went to school together about 7 years ago.

.traveller.

I read somewhere on this site where someone attributed the qualities of "unfinished" and "a lot of work" to this card. This worked for me, so I kept it :)

Therefore, as feelings, a person feels that things were left unfinished or unresolved, and may feel that they invested alot of effort in the other for no definitive end.