Cards picking up negative energy?

LadyMarian

I have been getting negative readings repeatedly for weeks. There are some serious situations going on in my life at this time and I am having to deal with people I don't want to deal with. The situations are concerning my relationship with my husband and my in-laws, both with health issues, my immediate family, friends, work arena and school. Are my cards picking up my negative energy?

Do any of you think I should put my cards away for awhile until the "dark cloud" disappears from my life? I like to read my cards at night before I go to bed so I can at least be a little prepared for what will happen the next day. The cards have been right on target everyday. Outwardly I am a happy upbeat person and I don't like to share any of the bad things that are going on with other people, I tend to keep my feelings and thoughts to myself.

I did a 10 card reading last night on my relationship with my husband and it was not positive. I think the cards are trying to prepare me for a big change coming in my life.

I would appreciate anyone's input. Thanks in advance.

Lady Marian

Angie9

Sorry to hear you are having such struggles with the family. I do think the cards can reflect back to us the negativity we are projecting. I also think think that if we are surrounded by negative energy it can begin a cycle of drawing more of the same. I wouldn't put away the cards, I would do something to clear my energy and surround myself with light. :D

Angie

le fey

I'm not sure I understand... if you read to be prepared for challenging times, and the cards are accurately preparing you...why would you put them away during a challenging time?

I find - esp. when things are going on where I have to be the civilized one with the upbeat face, the cards can be cathartic...reflecting what's *really* happening, and reminding me it's real and that it's ok to be upset by it. And along the way you'll find ways to use them to help you to not only sort out what's happening, but give you options for dealing with it.

Grizabella

Maybe you should do a reading exchange with other members here. You can post in this forum:

http://tarotforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Offer to do an exchange with someone else in the Reading Exchange forum. You need to have 25 posts and one week of membership in order to do an exchange there, but you can either exchange by reading for another person or by giving feedback on the readings done for you by others. Sometimes we're too close to a situation to get good readings when we do them for ourselves if we have a lot of turmoil in our own lives.

To get enough posts to do exchanges, you can post in the New Members area, welcoming other new members. That's a quick way to get your post count up. You've already been a member of AT long enough.

Abrac

If you feel that putting the cards away will help, then by all means put them away and see what happpens. But I'm not sure it will make much of a difference if your thinking stays negative. As an alternative you might just try to look for the bright spots your cards may be trying to show you. :)

nisaba

What is the point of having cards at all, if you're going to put them away at hte first sign of trouble? Cards are our barometer, our warning-sign, our flashing lights. Few of us think to pull them out when everything is cruisy - there's no need. We pull them out when we need help, and they *show* us the problem-areas (not necessarily with nice cards) and point to ways we can deal with it. By not using them in times of trouble, you're removing two things: an indicator of things starting to get better or worse, and a source of suggestions about courses of action you can take to improve things or avoid further pitfalls. As I said in another thread, it's like my blind friend refusing to listen to his guide-dog's advice when crossing a busy road. that's the dog's whole job. That's Tarot's whole job.

Shebelle

I think that it depends on how the cards are influencing you. If you are feeling negatively already and the cards are confirming your negativity, that's not helpful. If the cards are helping you shape your reactions and advising you on how to prepare for the difficult situations, then they are being useful.

If, however, you are not finding the cards to be useful to you, then put them away and, if you must have a reading, just ask someone here. They're energy won't be influenced by the same anxiety as you and you may find that they interpret cards differently because they're seeing the whole picture in a less emotional light. Also: don't be surprised if some of the same cards turn up! That happens a lot.