OK I feel a little dumb posting this but----

Grizabella

I don't know whether to post this in Talking Tarot or here but I've just got to post it for some feedback. However, I hope nobody thinks I'm losing it.

I usually kind of scoff to myself when I see people posting about "spooky" or "weird" things that happen with Tarot cards. I just posted on one of those threads yesterday, as a matter of fact. Maybe this is my comeuppance for that.

Last night I was doing a reading for someone and it involved a misunderstanding that would be resolved at a meeting at a later date, either for better or worse, yet to be determined. A card was drawn to represent the other person and how they'd be at the meeting.

I laid out the cards with the Druidcraft and in the position of the other person and what they'd bring to the meeting, I drew the King of Pentacles. I was in good light, had my glasses on, and I don't just glance at the cards and make a snap judgment. I really look at them when I read. The King of Pentacles, each of the first several times I looked at the card, had his right hand outstretched, slightly open and was leaning slightly forward. Looking at the card later, I had to do a double-take. The card doesn't depict a King leaning slightly forward with outstretched hand at all! :bugeyed: He's leaning against the back of the chair with his hand hanging down from the arm of the chair, kind of closed!

I've only been at this for a little less than 10 years or so. I'm a newb compared to others so maybe I'm just seeing things.

Now, for anyone scoffing to themselves about this, thinking I'm making it up, I'm here to tell you that if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone, so beware!

Vesper

Well, I don't have more experience than ten years, but can I butt in anyway?

I hate that mumbo jumbo about cards soaking up bad energy and attracting evil spirits. So I don't see what happened to you as "weird".

I think it was an clear-cut message from your intuitive mind. My mom used to call it "creative reading" when she was reading the paper and saw the headline wrong ("Flight Demands Dwarf Supply"). It's creative hearing when you hear something wrong (like when I thought my friend's ex-husband had a "bat detective ring" instead of a "Baptist upbringing").

You saw what your intuition was trying to tell you. That's great!

Grizabella

Thanks for your response. I think I'll take out that clause about having more experience than me. :p

Umbrae

Now Grizzy my dear. I'm going to give you permission to give me the what fer...

...I'm not meaning to sound flippant, I'm really not...but its gonna come off that way...or it could...

but here goes...

NOW YOU'RE LEARNING TA READ TAROT!!!

It ain't the pictures, it ain't the symbols, or what they mean or what some famous person said they mean...

It's what the art says today at this moment and by gads if that guy has to move his arm for you to get it - by gad you'll see the arm move!

I remember doing this one reading (with the Aquarian), and I'm deep into it, going on and on and the sitter looks at me and picks up one card and says, "This isn't the two of wands, it's the three of wands!'

And all I could say was, "Well, it LOOKS like the three - its' the Two."

as for the accuracy, it was valid with the two and not the three.

So it is what it is. except when it ain't.

Yasmin

I always like to hear from Umbrae--he has a way of making it seem like he is talking to one person but secretly strikes a cord in many people. Thank you, sir. You made my "tarot" day!

:D

Demon Goddess

As my Grandma would have said, Griz.

Now you're getting it. :)

You want insanity? Try living with a 180 foot long dragon.

piledrivefinger

Wow, that's crazy! It must be exciting to be at that point :)

Grizabella

Oh my gosh, Demon Goddess--I hope he's housebroken! The poo piles would be ginormous!

Thank you, Umbrae. I was half-hoping you'd give your input---with the other half hoping not because you might say I'm out of my flippin' tree. LOL

I didn't just glance at that card, like I said. I looked right at it, and I looked multiple times. His hand was outstretched, open, palm up. But then a little later it wasn't. You who have the Druidcraft should have a look. That's a closed hand there that's turned palm down, not open and palm up! I looked again this morning right before I posted this thread.

Geez--it takes all these years, huh?

Umbrae

Grizabella said:
Thank you, Umbrae. I was half-hoping you'd give your input---with the other half hoping not because you might say I'm out of my flippin' tree. LOL
Um...but that's a given (for the both of us). LOL

faithnlight

I have seen it happen!

Hi Grizabella…
Iam so glad you brought this up, I really had been thinking about it …i was only beginning to think may be its just me you know…until I found this post here by you…
I really must say iam still a green horn…been just a few years I started reading cards…so that way in experience you might wanna call me an absolute ZERO(with no fake humility) In fact when I see people mentioning having dealt with so many decks. I feel kind of silly LOL! Seriously…I have only seen and used RW so far, only other if I must say has been the normal playing cards…but I see all of you discussing other decks, it really entices me:) oops got carried away….
Oh so I was saying I really did experience a few similar things…this one iam about to tell you, I wouldn’t call this spooky necessarily coz I think what I do feel is vibration of that particular person I am reading for…and often I have seen cards express the strong denial to read someone---
How I know it? I can feel heat around my cards…so much that it gets me uncomfortable and I just know I have to stop it right there before something else happens LOL! Coz in the past there have been times when I decided to ignore and go ahead with the reading…its kind of weird coz the heat kind of spreads you know! And this hasn’t happened once, this really has repeated several times on so many occasions….
Mostly on such occasions later on I have come to know that had been some indication of something not quite right about the person….
Besides sometimes I can feel cool breeze…strong cool breeze enveloping the place cards are spread out….and it’s a little strange coz the cards that I feel like picking often get picked itself…what I mean is something like how a magnet would work…sometimes I really feel its just my imagination but it really does happen trust me…they kind of lift a bit(so much that you can figure out the pull in your hands)

Oh ya…and of course what you mentioned is a normal phenomenon and now I know iam NOT the only one hehe…It really does happen Grizabella I have seen it….and trust me sometimes it happens so much that end up thinking iam all nuts…i will site an incident..
You know what RW 9 of pentacles look like right….i saw the dame move her hand and smile and all the time I was looking at it all baffled wondering if it was my imagination…

And tell you what…I could still explain the vibrations both heat and cool breeze….could be coz iam into healing for the past 4 years…and its just the vibrations the cards pick…good or bad……but this one I just related…Iam absolutely stupefied on…
Also sometimes I can see the person while picking the cards…like there is this friend of mine who is going through a real bad patch…she wanted me to check on her dad…even before I picked the card I could see a guy on a bed moaning and pulled a 4 of swords…until which time I had not known uncle was really ailing….

I know how it is Grizabella…how much ever you might wanna put this in words but one cant really relate an experience and one wouldn’t know till they experience it on their own, first handedly…and just a while back I read someone here mentioned they always found a white hair in their deck….i wanted to respond to that particular post but I wasn’t sure what to say…coz such a thing has never happened but very much what you related….interesting yet weird....i think that’s why people have thought of cards attracting spirits…well cant say that….total laps of reasonings here LOL!

Love n peace
Tanu